Rams Ejiro Evero Frontrunner for Packers DC Job?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jaffej

UDFA
Drink it in and enjoy. The coaching staff is getting poached year in year out, you know what it means, and yet we keep having success.
Don't hate, enjoy, we're living great times as Rams fans.
We'll complain when we have a losing season.

I generally agree but in this case we’re getting poached by the team that knocked us out of the playoffs...

jap

Legend
I'll be so pissed. There's no way we can have sustained success losing coaches left and fucking right.

Why not? Clearly, the Horns organization is being viewed as the premier breeding ground for coaching talent. Therefore, the very best coaches who are seeking coaching level advancement will be targeting our open coaching slots. Demoff, Snead,& the Leprechaun will be choosing from the cream of the coaching crop for years ... and occasionally racking up 3rd round supplemental picks to boot!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Just got an alert on my phone that it's Barry in GB. Not sure if that's the best hire for them, but not my problem.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Why not? Clearly, the Horns organization is being viewed as the premier breeding ground for coaching talent. Therefore, the very best coaches who are seeking coaching level advancement will be targeting our open coaching slots. Demoff, Snead,& the Leprechaun will be choosing from the cream of the coaching crop for years ... and occasionally racking up 3rd round supplemental picks to boot!
Because how can you keep hitting on coaching hires? The luck can't seem to be with us every time.

Just saw Joe Barry was hired for GB DC.. poor GB.

jap

Legend
Because how can you keep hitting on coaching hires? The luck can't seem to be with us every time.

It's not entirely or even mostly up to plain dumb luck. You have experienced football savvy Horns FO men interviewing top coaching candidates to see whether their coaching philosophies jive. Don't you think this provides excellent opportunities for the best fits to "bubble to the top?"

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So how much are McVay’s assistants desired by other teams?

Well assistants (in this case Joe Barry) are signed off a staff of a former-McVay assistant (Staley) who hasn’t even coached a game since being signed off the Rams’ staff.

What’s Next?
The guys McVay intends to hire as his next ILB and CB coaches will immediately be hired as coordinators by other teams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

About time they started poaching the Chargers and left us alone ;)
The McVay effect is real. The dude's a rockstar lol. Check out the headline on NFL.com:

1612656897083.png

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I just saw McVay was on set for ESPN's Super Bowl Coverage. Unsurprisingly, he already sounds like a seasoned TV personality. No doubt they'll be coming for him soon as well.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
So how much are McVay’s assistants desired by other teams?

Well assistants (in this case Joe Barry) are signed off a staff of a former-McVay assistant (Staley) who hasn’t even coached a game since being signed off the Rams’ staff.

What’s Next?
The guys McVay intends to hire as his next ILB and CB coaches will immediately be hired as coordinators by other teams.

Welp, this just happened. Geez....

Rams New Coaching Hire Poached by Saints

Saturday, February 6, 2021 2:37pm ET

Forget waiting for the regular season to start. NFL teams are now immediately stealing the Rams' new assistant coaching hires for the upcoming 2021 season as soon as they have agreed to terms with Los Angeles.

You heard it right, folks.

In a brazen unprecedented move, The New Orleans Saints have swiped newly acquired defensive back coach Izor "Iron Nuts" Griswold straight off of the Rams' coaching roster. Griswold was just announced this Saturday when the steal occurred.

"I don't know what else we can do to keep our coaching staff. Now our new hires are being taken right out from under us as soon as we announce them," bemoaned Rams' head coach Sean McVay.

One reporter asked him if being in and out of the Ram's building that quickly counts for the newly departed assistant as being under McVay's coaching tree.

"Maybe a leaf," McVay replied. "Or a worm eating the leaf."

When asked if he's ever seen anything like what's been happening, McVay reminisced. "It reminds me of that one play back in 2017 on third and 7 on their 42 yard line where we were running Tiger West Slot Z Left Cutback 12 in a tight formation and the Eagles' defender snuck in the back door on a free quarter blitz and hit Jared and disrupted the rhythm of the throw. When it's all said and done I just need to put our coaches in a better position to stay on the roster."

So it has begun. A brash new era of football where sinister vultures fly over the Rams' facility waiting to pick the bones clean of the youngest head coach in the league. McVay's successes have attracted several admirers who have now gone through curious lengths to tap the talents of his coaching influence.

New Orleans head coach Payton, when questioned of the latest tactic, only had this to say. "We wanted our guy, they wanted our guy, and he wanted to be with us. No harm, no foul." He then grinned as his cheeks puffed and heaved like the sweaty unwiped ass of a homeless sumo wrestler.

The big question is, when does the NFL step in and say enough is enough?

Roger Goodell, who is currently vacationing in Pyonyang, North Korea, could not be reached for comment. He has not been heard from for 3 days.

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Lots of coaches left Belichick's staff and he had sustained success. I think the key now is to get a coordinator that has already been an HC and doesn't want to move up. If you keep hiring the next upcoming thing, they are going to leave to become an HC eventually.

Guys like Spags, McDaniels, Todd Bowles, Raheem Morris are probably at the point of their career where they want to stay put.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Welp, this just happened. Geez....

Rams New Coaching Hire Poached by Saints

Saturday, February 6, 2021 2:37pm ET

Forget waiting for the regular season to start. NFL teams are now immediately stealing the Rams' new assistant coaching hires for the upcoming 2021 season as soon as they have agreed to terms with Los Angeles.

You heard it right, folks.

In a brazen unprecedented move, The New Orleans Saints have swiped newly acquired defensive back coach Izor "Iron Nuts" Griswold straight off of the Rams' coaching roster. Griswold was just announced this Saturday when the steal occurred.

"I don't know what else we can do to keep our coaching staff. Now our new hires are being taken right out from under us as soon as we announce them," bemoaned Rams' head coach Sean McVay.

One reporter asked him if being in and out of the Ram's building that quickly counts for the newly departed assistant as being under McVay's coaching tree.

"Maybe a leaf," McVay replied. "Or a worm eating the leaf."

When asked if he's ever seen anything like what's been happening, McVay reminisced. "It reminds me of that one play back in 2017 on third and 7 on their 42 yard line where we were running Tiger West Slot Z Left Cutback 12 in a tight formation and the Eagles' defender snuck in the back door on a free quarter blitz and hit Jared and disrupted the rhythm of the throw. When it's all said and done I just need to put our coaches in a better position to stay on the roster."

So it has begun. A brash new era of football where sinister vultures fly over the Rams' facility waiting to pick the bones clean of the youngest head coach in the league. McVay's successes have attracted several admirers who have now gone through curious lengths to tap the talents of his coaching influence.

New Orleans head coach Payton, when questioned of the latest tactic, only had this to say. "We wanted our guy, they wanted our guy, and he wanted to be with us. No harm, no foul." He then grinned as his cheeks puffed and heaved like the sweaty unwiped ass of a homeless sumo wrestler.

The big question is, when does the NFL step in and say enough is enough?

Roger Goodell, who is currently vacationing in Pyonyang, North Korea, could not be reached for comment. He has not been heard from for 3 days.

I wonder how many people bit the onion on this one?