Rams Eagles 2nd half re-watch: comments

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Took from another board 'steve':

1. Rams were the better 2nd half team, and will win in the playoff rematch against the immobile Foles
2. Gurley had a big game; the O line played well against the "#1" D line in the NFL.
3. The FG penalty was ridiculous: the announcers couldn't even find who was called and for what.
4. The Tru Jo penalty on 3rd down, in the red zone in such a huge game like that can not be called in the 2nd half.
That type of penalty is called in the 1st half to "set the tone"---it was suuuuch a small taunting. TruJo is a captain.
5. Goff waited too long on the strip sack....especially knowing his RT was out. That is on him.
6. Ebukam had a few nice pass rush moves.
7. Wentz's torn ACL reminds me of Bradford's 2nd ACL against the Browns--a 'rub' hit, come on, his feet were in the air and that is a very rare ACL tear happenstance.... Like Bradford, Wentz is fragile....cost his team a real chance at teh super bowl--see #8
8. Foles had no movement in the pocket--The eagles will have no chance against Vikings, Panthers or Rams because
he can't escape. All of a sudden the Rams pass rush was very good when FOles was in...wow, what a
difference--- Maybe they were 'containing' Wentz (?) similar to Wilson....with Foles in there Brockers and Donald
where beating high quality interior lineman. Eagles are still a very, very good team with Foles. He can throw.
9. That Rams Eagles was a classic game in almost every sense--and as far as losses are considered, it was one of
my favs to ever watch--sorry for you who can't bear a loss. No one likes a loss, but they should have beat a 10-2
team, and that alone makes it more fun that 90% of losses I have endured.
10. The D played great; but how can that be true? Well, that might have been Wentz's greatest game ever....really, every QB has a career game...and that was his--so far.
11. Too bad,now TEs were doing busines down the field for the Rams....afraid? Why?
12. Foles throw and Agelor's catch on the 3rd down with 2 min to go were perfect--you can't stop that.
13. Goff is good; again, I will say sometimes a QB wins a game, and that is what Wentz/Foles did.
14. Goff, twice, beat great pass rushes with spins. Huge....Mr Oh Brady can't do that.
15. Donald, Ogletree and Brockers will have to get some rest the next 3 weeks....wow, how many snaps??
16. Kupp is great. Big game.
17. One corner in free agency and one corner in the first 3 rounds...100% confident about that. By Tru Jo.

Psycho_X

Legend
1. Rams were the better 2nd half team, and will win in the playoff rematch against the immobile Foles
8. Foles had no movement in the pocket--The eagles will have no chance against Vikings, Panthers or Rams because
he can't escape. All of a sudden the Rams pass rush was very good when FOles was in...wow, what a
difference--- Maybe they were 'containing' Wentz (?) similar to Wilson....with Foles in there Brockers and Donald
where beating high quality interior lineman. Eagles are still a very, very good team with Foles. He can throw.

Agreed, Foles is a decent QB and a great backup to have but he's a statue. I was thinking the defense was playing contain a lot of the time for Wentz. With Foles in there I think our defense would get after them pretty good in a rematch.

7. Wentz's torn ACL reminds me of Bradford's 2nd ACL against the Browns--a 'rub' hit, come on, his feet were in the air and that is a very rare ACL tear happenstance.... Like Bradford, Wentz is fragile....cost his team a real chance at teh super bowl--see #8

Eagles believe he actually tore it on the step turning the corner right before he leaped into the endzone. So one of those awkward, non-contact injuries which is usually what happens when an ACL goes.

13. Goff is good; again, I will say sometimes a QB wins a game, and that is what Wentz/Foles did.
14. Goff, twice, beat great pass rushes with spins. Huge....Mr Oh Brady can't do that.

He did have a hell of a game. Yeah, the strip sack sucked and he should have unloaded to Kupp instead of going for the kill shot (which was open for him if he had gotten half a more second) but McVay shouldn't have put him in that situation with a backup RT either. Live and learn, that's all I can ask of a 23 year old QB. Besides that one play Goff played lights out against one of the best defenses in the league. Anyone who doesn't see that just doesn't want to.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
. Goff waited too long on the strip sack....especially knowing his RT was out. That is on him.

I can't agree with this one. Two things, one I can never blame a QB on a RT completely whiffing on his block, which he did. But two, if you watch the play it's a deep post to Watkins who WAS coming pretty open. It's that close to potentially being a huge play. If Williams does his job we would've found out. People keeping saying Goff should of felt that pressure. Come on, it's behind him, Long just made a great play.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't agree with this one. Two things, one I can never blame a QB on a RT completely whiffing on his block, which he did. But two, if you watch the play it's a deep post to Watkins who WAS coming pretty open. It's that close to potentially being a huge play. If Williams does his job we would've found out. People keeping saying Goff should of felt that pressure. Come on, it's behind him, Long just made a great play.
Every QB gets hit by those plays no matter how young or how old. They happen, hell Wentz has 7 fumbles in the pocket last stat I saw. I agree with you but we fans seem to want to assign guilt to our players and coaches.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Foles may be better than many think....Including me....Keenum is still playing amazing.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Once you get to 4 seconds you need to throw, or move....count the seconds on teh strip sack....not a big deal, every QB in the NFL has had that happen.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Once you get to 4 seconds you need to throw, or move....count the seconds on teh strip sack....not a big deal, every QB in the NFL has had that happen.
Generally agree. But this was a big play pass that takes a bit more time. Like I said if Williams doesn't whiff it could of been huge. Maybe it could of been avoided but harder when the play is coming from behind.
Damn you Williams! :0

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
The WRs on the Eagles had some amazing catches. Jeffrey TD on 4th and goal too. And TE double covered in endzone. Their offense played well.