Rams DT Aaron Donald in at No. 4 on 25 under 25 list/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams DT Aaron Donald in at No. 4 on 25 under 25 list
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...t-aaron-donald-in-at-no-4-on-25-under-25-list

ESPN NFL Insider Mike Sando and Mel Kiper Jr. unveiled their list of the 25 best NFL players under 25 earlier this week. As you'd expect, St. Louis Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald fared well on the list after winning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year honors in 2014.

Donald checked in at No. 4 on the list with linebacker Alec Ogletree also making the cut at No. 25.

Donald's ranking is plenty impressive but the reality is that one could make a strong argument that Donald is too low on the list. That's because Oakland linebacker Khalil Mack, whom Donald beat for the aforementioned honors, is No. 1 on the list.

By no means is that a knock on Mack, who appears to be a special talent in his own right, but the guess here is that Donald gets pushed down a little bit because he doesn't play a high-profile position. But Donald dominated as a rookie despite only starting 12 games and he looks every bit as quick and dominant in this preseason as he did a year ago.

With talented pass-rushers like Chris Long, Robert Quinn and Nick Fairley around him, Donald should continue to get opportunities to make plays. And it says here that he will and take a backseat to nobody in these types of conversations moving forward.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... We started with a late look at receiver Daniel Rodriguez's inspirational message at a local air force base following the team's annual walk-through. ... We then previewed some of the things to watch in Thursday night's game. ... In case you missed it, Rams defensive end Chris Long is working to offer clean water to villages in East Africa. ... After the game against the Chiefs, we offered a Rapid Reaction with quick-hit thoughts from the contest. ... We followed with a stock watch, offering highs and lows from the evening.

Elsewhere:

Our friends at 538.com took a look at the NFC West.

Good read from columnist Ian O'Connor, who writes that commissioner Roger Goodell lost the case against Tom Brady because that's what he does.

With college football starting, Kiper offered up his big board.

At 101sports.com, Bernie Miklasz throws the penalty flag at Rams coach Jeff Fisher.

At stltoday.com, Ben Frederickson takes a closer look at the Rams' unsettled center position.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Lol who else is ranked above him? You could make the argument that he's the best d tackle in the league.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Lol who else is ranked above him? You could make the argument that he's the best d tackle in the league.

Not sure I can think of 3 defensive players of any age/experience I'd take over him. Watt yes, then I'm struggling.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Khalil Mack and Tyron Smith are #1 and 2 can't see 3 without insider pass. Probably Odell Becham