Rams drop to No. 30 in Power Rankings --Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams drop to No. 30 in Power Rankings
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12184/rams-drop-to-no-30-in-power-rankings

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams didn't play this week, enjoying an early bye along with five other NFL teams. That means they didn't lose any games but it didn't prevent them from losing ground in this week's ESPN NFL Power Rankings.

After holding steady at No. 28 last week despite a close loss to the Dallas Cowboys, the Rams actually dropped two spots this week to No. 30 despite not playing a game. Only the Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders checked in behind the Rams this week after voters elevated Tampa Bay and Minnesota above them.

Minnesota, I can understand, especially after the Vikings beat the Rams convincingly in Week 1 and went on to beat Atlanta this week. The Vikings are up to No. 24 and deservedly so.

But I believe the Rams deserve a little better than their 30th spot on this list. They should remain ahead of Tampa Bay even after the Bucs beat Pittsburgh on the road. The Rams beat the Bucs on the road just two weeks ago, and the teams have the same record. And though the Rams have a blowout loss on their résumé, they played Dallas, which has risen to No. 10 on the list, extremely close and probably should have won that game in their other defeat.

In my eyes, the Rams should be ahead of Tennessee, Tampa Bay and Washington and be sitting in the No. 27 range. If nothing else, they probably should have stayed where they were after not having a game this week.

They'll have a chance to prove they aren't the third-worst team in the league this week when they travel to play No. 6 Philadelphia.