Rams draft targets by position and ranked in need

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This is assuming the Rams resign all there UFA's or sign guys to replace them (TE with Kendricks, WR with Britt).

1)QB - If Jrry has his way, it'll be Winston. Ugggggh! ;)

2)OG - Arguably the next most important draft position that needs to be filled behind QB.

3)OC - Definite need. Barnes is an okay spot starter. Occams Razor suggests that Jones doesn't have it.

4)LB - Lesser known need but we really have crappy depth at LB. Bates as backup MLB, ugh. We could use a backup thumper.

5)WR - I said we'd resign guys but I doubt we do it with Givens. We're four deep at WR with Britt back but it would be great to grab a developmental guy.

6)OT - We get Barksdale back but we really need a swing tackle that's better than anything we have or even a guy that pushes Barksdale back to swing.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is assuming the Rams resign all there UFA's or sign guys to replace them (TE with Kendricks, WR with Britt).

1)QB - If Jrry has his way, it'll be Winston. Ugggggh! ;)

2)OG - Arguably the next most important draft position that needs to be filled behind QB.

3)OC - Definite need. Barnes is an okay spot starter. Occams Razor suggests that Jones doesn't have it.

4)LB - Lesser known need but we really have crappy depth at LB. Bates as backup MLB, ugh. We could use a backup thumper.

5)WR - I said we'd resign guys but I doubt we do it with Givens. We're four deep at WR with Britt back but it would be great to grab a developmental guy.

6)OT - We get Barksdale back but we really need a swing tackle that's better than anything we have or even a guy that pushes Barksdale back to swing.

How would this change if the Rams prefer to not retain Barksdale or Kendricks or Britt & spend heavy & re-up several of our 2016 10 or more UFA 's early who are Snead/Fisher draftees & key starters i.e.
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Trumaine Johnson
Brian Quick
Greg Zuerkein

Or key reserves i.e.
William Hayes
Mark Barron
Kendall langford
Eugene Sims
Jo Lunn Dunbar

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TE would probably join the list somewhere but not in the top 4. WR moves up the list for sure. DT/DE could join the list.

Big Willie

Starter
I think they will get a young FA QB to compete with SB and will not draft one in the first 3 rounds. My order goes as follows a and assumes Britt is retained but Barksdale and Kendricks are not (both too expensive). I also think they will get a Guard, TE, as well as a swing Tackle in FA.

1: OT (seems to be a few good ones in the draft)
2: OLB (Dunbar is finished. Time to replace him)
3: CB (contract decisions are upcoming on JJ and Tru...in 2016; one won't be back)
4: OG/OC (self explanatory - I don't think Jones is a keeper, but the Rams do; Rhaney still around too)
5: WR (after 2 down years Givens is a target to be replaced)

Big Willie

Starter
How would this change if the Rams prefer to not retain Barksdale or Kendricks or Britt & spend heavy & re-up several of our 2016 10 or more UFA 's early who are Snead/Fisher draftees & key starters i.e.
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Trumaine Johnson
Brian Quick
Greg Zuerkein

Or key reserves i.e.
William Hayes
Mark Barron
Kendall langford
Eugene Sims
Jo Lunn Dunbar

I agree, except I think Britt is the leader in the WR room and stays....if he doesn't cast too much. At least one of the three between Hayes, Langford or Sims goes; unless someone restructures for less money. Also, I am only ready to re-invest in Brockers.... until Quick shows me he is back and productive and JJ, Zuerlein and Tru are more consistent.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some good points.

Though, I'd say that CB is a place where we're stocked. Gaines, Joyner and Roberson are pretty good. Gaines may take a starting position next year. Roberson showed something at the end of the year. We could always take a CB but I just don't see it as a top 5 need even with the 2016 deadline on JJ and Trumaine.

Forgot about losing some of the Dline help. We could always take a DT/DE in the top 5 needs.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
OLB needs to be addressed this year, another starter and an UDFA for depth/development.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I think they will get a young FA QB to compete with SB and will not draft one in the first 3 rounds.
Do you have anyone in mind that will be coming on the market - I'm all for getting help at QB to support SB next year.

Big Willie

Starter
Do you have anyone in mind that will be coming on the market - I'm all for getting help at QB to support SB next year.
Ponder, Locker, Glennon come to mind. Not sexy FAs, but a steady QB may be all we need. Schaub will also probably become available, but he's not that young.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Ponder, Locker, Glennon come to mind. Not sexy FAs, but a steady QB may be all we need. Schaub will also probably become available, but he's not that young.
I'm intrigued by Ponder or Glennon, both could still develop into good quality QBs. I am unsure that Locker would be a good fit - anyone have thoughts on this?