Rams Draft Preview: First Round Forecast via 101 ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
(With platinum, gold and silver level picks at 16 & 22)

Due to the bonanza reaped from sending the No. 2 pick and the corresponding rights to Robert Griffin III to Washington — a deal that was only trumped by the historic draft-related deals involving Hershel Walker and Ricky Williams — the St. Louis Rams enter the 2013 NFL draft in rarified air and an envied position. The Rams rest upon the catbird’s seat, ready to pounce while owning not one but two of the most highly coveted possessions in all of pro football: the vaunted first-round pick.

Holding two opening-round slots, St. Louis enters the much-anticipated annual event in prime position to add two impact players on the draft’s first day.

Last year, St. Louis selected former LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers in round one, and he looks to be a foundational cornerstone moving forward.

(Hope you guys enjoy the piece. Thanks) ...

<a class="postlink" href="http://stage.101espn.com/category/misc-blogs/20130327/Rams-Draft-Preview:-Forecasting-the-First-Round/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stage.101espn.com/category/misc- ... rst-Round/</a>

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Great and interesting read. I agree and liked your Platinum, Gold, and Silver groupings. If Sheldon Richardson is there, and the Rams take him, I think people will lose their minds. Everyone is dying to get that explosive WR, and I believe many fans will be irate. The good thing is that Fisher and Snead are running this thing, and they aren't going to make the popular decision if someone with greater draft value is on the board. I kinda hope Richardson is gone so those guys don't have to make the tough decision to deal with the pissed off fans.

Thanks again for sharing.... Good job and keep up the work!

GO RAMS!

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
GcBean said:
Great and interesting read. I agree and liked your Platinum, Gold, and Silver groupings. If Sheldon Richardson is there, and the Rams take him, I think people will lose their minds. Everyone is dying to get that explosive WR, and I believe many fans will be irate. The good thing is that Fisher and Snead are running this thing, and they aren't going to make the popular decision if someone with greater draft value is on the board. I kinda hope Richardson is gone so those guys don't have to make the tough decision to deal with the pissed off fans.

GO RAMS!

Thanks a ton for the great feedback and even more for the kind words. Hope to hear from you here or on twitter (@ShaneGmoSTLRams) soon... have a good one.

jap

Legend
GcBean said:

GO RAMS!

Screw the fans---including myself! Fish & Co. probably has more football knowledge in their little fingers than the entire Rams Nation at large. It would be most unprofessional of him to defer to the uninformed wishes & wants of amateurs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jap said:
GcBean said:

GO RAMS!

Screw the fans---including myself! Fish & Co. probably has more football knowledge in their little fingers than the entire Rams Nation at large. It would be most unprofessional of him to defer to the uninformed wishes & wants of amateurs.

+1

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jap said:
GcBean said:

GO RAMS!

I have a firm belief in Fishers eye for talent and filling holes the right way

ShaneG

Starter
Rabid Ram said:
jap said:
GcBean said:

GO RAMS!

I have a firm belief in Fishers eye for talent and filling holes the right way

I do too, as well as Snead.. and they certainly deserve the benefit of the doubt based upon the 2012 draft.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good stuff,and some pretty intelligent insight IMO.

I have no idea who might be there at #16....but i agree that DJ Fluker will be there at #22...which could be relevant considering the Saffold situation thats brewing.

ShaneG

Starter
mojorizen7 said:

I have no idea who might be there at #16....but i agree that DJ Fluker will be there at #22...which could be relevant considering the Saffold situation thats brewing.

Thank you...

as for 22, good point on Fluker, particularly re: Saffold (although I do like Fluker better at guard, some very highly regarded draft analysts feel he will be fine at RT)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
ShaneG said:
mojorizen7 said:

Thank you...

as for 22, good point on Fluker, particularly re: Saffold (although I do like Fluker better at guard, some very highly regarded draft analysts feel he will be fine at RT)

I agree, I like DJ Fluker. Tape don't lie. I just don't know if Rodger Saffold will be in the future...unless they cut Harvey, draft DJ and play him there a year, and let Rodger walk after the season. Which is weird, kinda like an assembly line. I just wish they keep the same 5 OL for a while.