Rams Defensive Stats for Week 1, Via Coaches

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
From Casey Pearce ‏@ccpearce

Rams defensive stats for Week 1, via coaches.
BxCOR5JCAAEvCvd.jpg

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
ESPN Sports Information/Stats, LLC, look how tackles for a loss are different than Official NFL gamebook

upload_2014-9-8_14-19-55.png

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
As we know, it's not a good thing when guys in the secondary are leading the team in tackles.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
As we know, it's not a good thing when guys in the secondary are leading the team in tackles.
depends . . . in 1999 leading tackler was Billy Jenkins . . . in 1977 Elmendorf and Simpson were #1 and #2, 1989 it was Newsome, I think.

It's a function of where they are happening. In fact, if you have a ball controll offense, and a lot of 3 and outs, you won't have guys with tons of tackles. In1973 Hacksaw led the team with 86. With JL in 2009-2011 he was in the 120s . . . even with the difference in games, you want them to run a couple of times, then pass for it on 3rd down, which you hope is INC, INT or a sack . . . that yields 2 tackles in 3 plays. We give up long drives and someome may get 2-3 tackles on that drive . . . that leads to a score.
My point for posting all those differences is you have to look at tackles a bit with a grain of salt.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Quinn blasted Cassel several times. He was robbed of a strip sack in my view and he didn't get credit for the two bad snap hits.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

Too general. I just posted that in 1999 (we won Super Bowl) a safety led team in tackles (as he did the year before). And in 1977 both our safeties were #1 and #2, that 1977 defense allowed 146 points, a Ram record to this day. It's WHERE the tackles are being made by the safeties. Nolan Cromwell and Johnnie Johnson were high in 1980, 2nd and 3rd if memory serves. And from 2009-2013 it's been a LBer . . . and he have had a hard time.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Quinn blasted Cassel several times. He was robbed of a strip sack in my view and he didn't get credit for the two bad snap hits.
Rams coaches gave him credit for 4 QB hits, PFF 2 hits, and NFL one QB hit.