RAMS Defense ?? Please Answer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
janoris was in wrong coverage he was supposed to be in 3 deep zone
Thats what we're hearing, yeah.
No one looked to be in a 3 deep zone there, and even if JJ had dropped back into that cloud it's an ignorant coverage in that situation with no deep help in the middle of the field to cover a post.
Fisher said he felt they'd take a shot there. Looks like GW's defense didn't think so.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think its a combination of things. I don't think that Williams really planned on having to blitz as much as he is seemingly now forced to. But I also think he (and the entire defense) is frustrated that they haven't been able to generate the kinds of results from the front four as they imagined they would. I mentioned the lack of sacks this year was a real possibility because teams were so concerned about the pass rush they have game planned an attack to get the ball out quick. And it now seems to be effecting how the Rams try to counter it.

I am not trying to say that Williams wasn't going to blitz, but I do think he fully expected NOT to have to do it as much as he is.

I also think that our safeties have been given way too much leeway in "free lancing" and more often than not, McLeod end up jumping a route and taking himself out of the deep coverage he is responsible for. It's happened far too often to be a coincidence. If you see him on the TD to LLoyd, he was no where to be found is what apparently was supposed to be a Cover 3 call. He was jumping an underneath route. When your MLB gets a deeper drop than your FS, you've got problems.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
The lack of sacks comes from a lack of line stunts. Last year we did it alot this year we haven't done it much at all. The 9ers did alot of stunting Monday night and u see what happen... we gave up 5 sacks. A lot of Quinns sacks last year came from him penatrating the middle of the pocket.

Walton rarely blitzed last year but his wr cushions were too large especially on short yardage downs so we gave up alot of short passes. This year we blitz so much but we never have anyone in the middle of the field. Lol. We just need to get in the Grey area and the D will be fine but it seems as if every coach is inept to see what needs to happen and it's mind boggling

So in a nutshell we need less blitzing, more stunts, and the secondary can continue to play like they have been playing.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
The Williams plan is not working. Same gameplan and expecting different results is insanity. Maybe Gregg is a super salesman and has sold Fisher and the defense that all is well, but I don't see it. Fisher needs to step in and force some changes.

ram007

Starter
Its the same as last year(minus CLong). Its not Aaron Donald's fault we can't get a sack.

If none of 6 or 7 blitzers can get to QB, I was thinking it is more than scheme. If it is not the scheme, the only option is players talent may not be there. But this doesn't explain the success of 2012 and 2013 right? Confounded by my own thoughts whenever i think about this team.. .:sick:

What I'd love to know is how early Fisher took over from Walton last year.

If you look at the D scoring 4 games by 4 games:
First 4: 121
Second 4: 77
Third 4: 80
Fourth 4: 86
First 4 this year: 119

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
You want sacks? Line Quinn up against the RT.
Let Hayes have the stalemate with the LT.