Rams Defense or Aaron Rodgers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I was really very disappointed in the Rams Defense yesterday BUT the more I think about it, while I don’t think the Rams Defense played as well as they could have and as well as they had played all season I do think that a lot of credit (Or, BLAME!) on the Rams loss has to go to Aaron Rodgers (And, Maybe, Some to the Weather Conditions)! Rodgers is a pretty good (Huge Understatement!) QB and he had a really good game!!

Hopefully, Next season the Rams will be able to stay Healthy and earn Home Field Advantage throughout the playoffs!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Rams battled but against a team that has pretty much been hitting on all cylinders. I'm going to be pulling for the Packers to win it all now.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The defense could not get to Aaron Rogers yesterday. In my opinion, that was the biggest factor in this game. And Aaron Donald was clearly not himself. If he was healthy, I believe he would have had at least 2 sacks, and might have changed the flow of the game.

dang

Legend
Donald was at 50%. Hill had a poor game. ILBs couldn’t stop the run. Little to no blitzing along with excellent pass protection allowed Rodgers time to control the entire first half.
On the other hand Brock played his ass off and the D tightened up in the second half (until the long TD to Lazard).
Bye bye to Hill, Ebukam and probably Johnson. I hope they keep Floyd and Fox. I’m positive they will keep Williams.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Those two balls that should been interceptions did not help matters. Also that fumble that fell right into Rodgers lap, the football gods were on their side!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Rodgers threw two balls that should have been picked off in the first half.

Would have made a difference.

Psycho_X

Legend
The Packers schemes basically consisted of exploiting Reeder, Young, Hill, and Evans and it worked all game long. Throw in a 50% Aaron Donald and no Kupp and it was a disaster in the making. The ILBs we have had to ride with all season and at times they were good but against an offense like the Packers you saw the deficiencies there.

But for Evans, I don't understand why Noteboom wasn't put in at some point. I'm guessing the plan was to run the ball off Evans and Whitworth a lot but once we got way down and forced to pass they should have put Boom in. Evans is better run blocker but Boom is the better pass blocker. Evans was down right atrocious yesterday and was the cause of almost all sacks and pressures.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
But for Evans, I don't understand why Noteboom wasn't put in at some point. I'm guessing the plan was to run the ball off Evans and Whitworth a lot but once we got way down and forced to pass they should have put Boom in. Evans is better run blocker but Boom is the better pass blocker. Evans was down right atrocious yesterday and was the cause of almost all sacks and pressures.

I was disappointed that we lost but I honestly knew it would be almost impossible to pull the upset without Kupp and a shell of AD playing. Evans though was a big disappointment. I thought as a run blocker he was great replacing Edwards but after watching him this whole game as a starter he really suxks in past protection. Members wanted him to replace Hav, now I know why the coaching staff never did. We need 2 better players in the interior of the Oline at Center and LG. We also need to find a future LT to replace Whit in the near future.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I just think the Pack was able to control the line of scrimmage more than anything, and that was the key. They were running the ball very well and that only made things easier for Rodgers when he dropped back to pass, as we could not get to him at all. Give a guy like Rodgers as much time to throw as he had, and it won't matter if you've got 30 guys in coverage, he'll find someone open. Having AD at 50% didn't help our cause, but our other guys didn't step up.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
A team with a week off vs a team on the road 3 of the last 4 weeks, playing for their lives.

It catches up to you. The Pack looked fresh. The Rams looked tired and beat up.

Ellard80

Legend
rams defense had their handsful to begin with...

add in that donald could do because of his health.

offense was going to have to score in the 30's.

Just wasn't a likely outcome with all the stars unaligned.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sometimes you just get got.

Aaron Rodgers has been playing out his mind all year. To be fair to the Rams' D, they did get stops when they needed to. Forced Aaron Rodgers to go to other WRs, b/c Devante Adams had a mortal game. That TD was not on Jalen getting burned.

Oh well, it happens.

Fatboy

Rookie
They couldn't block, cover or tackle, can't win like that ! -- the Fatboy !

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
AD ran into a top OL just like the rest of these guys. That OG played him tough and won his share of snaps. Also when you lose in the run game like we did it is hard to overcome.

Rodgers was so sharp yesterday. Seeing his mastery of the position really presses home what an advantage they had at QB. Look at the QBs who are left now. Not a surprise that the two teams with the better QBs advanced yesterday.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm not sure rodgers stopped defenders from tackling. they were soft the whole game.

one time in the 2nd half mvs needed 3 yards for the 1st down after catching the ball with 2 dbs in front of him and he somehow got it. that should never happen if the defense is dialled in.

yesterday was like the jets game revisited.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
The Rams battled but against a team that has pretty much been hitting on all cylinders. I'm going to be pulling for the Packers to win it all now.

Same here....1st time all year I've watched the Packers. IMO their offense is that good/surgical.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
This was a Murphy's law game for the Rams. Kupp goes down end of Seattle game. AD hurt not himself. AD is never hurt. And especially he gets hurt right before this game. Our D performance was not like any other game outside of Buffalo. It has been so consistent.

A ton of stupid mistakes which is on us. AD penalty it was 3-7 super fucking dumb cost us 15, the Guards flinching on 4-1 costing us 5, Webster not getting back in bounds cost us 15. Missing tackles and no Run Defense all game - giving up a 50+ yard run unexcusable. BTW that played occured after our D had some momentum they had stopped GB on last 2 series.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Well, when you can't get to Rodgers and don't send extras to get to him, while playing 7-8 yards off the WRs and in zone.. it's gonna be a long day. Pretty shitty gameplan. Didn't real dial any plays to be aggressive. Played to not lose, not to win.

TexasRam

Legend
AD ran into a top OL just like the rest of these guys. That OG played him tough and won his share of snaps. Also when you lose in the run game like we did it is hard to overcome.

Rodgers was so sharp yesterday. Seeing his mastery of the position really presses home what an advantage they had at QB. Look at the QBs who are left now. Not a surprise that the two teams with the better QBs advanced yesterday.
Totally disagree respectfully.

The game was won in the trenches.

The difference between the Olines was night and day.

Goff had guys running free at him all game due to Evans and Blythe.

Rodgers had 0 sacks and maybe 1 legit pressure all game. Not to mention all 3 GB RB’s were running for big chunks all game.

Rodgers had the game on a silver platter given to him and still nearly threw 3 picks.