Rams DE Robert Quinn primed for a breakout comeback season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who will be the Rams sack leader in 2016?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Rams DE Robert Quinn primed for a breakout comeback season
227364_ec75a8a0690a4007bc9b4fa3b7e85cde~mv2.jpg

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-...t-Quinn-primed-for-a-breakout-comeback-season

August 26, 2016 | By: Jake Ellenbogen

The Rams made their young defensive end Robert Quinn a franchise player when they extended his contract in 2014 all the way through 2019. The team's single-season sack record holder had a bumpy road last year trying to fight off a back injury.

Quinn had never missed a game until week nine versus the Minnesota Vikings. What we didn't know at the time was that Quinn would end up being done for the season. The Rams haven't really had a chance to maximize their defensive line personnel because they have battled injuries. Everyone talks about the extreme depth the Rams have on their defensive line but it's minimized when they can't use their backups in a rotational way. Last year that definitely was the case as both Chris Long and Quinn went down with significant injuries.

This year Quinn has been trying to come back better than ever but he faced an uphill battle in the injury recovery process. Now this Saturday when the Rams go to Mile High Stadium to play the Denver Broncos, Quinn will be in the starting lineup on a defensive line he hasn't been with in an actual game since the middle of the 2015 season. It should be a fun experience for Quinn who probably won't play a ton but still needs the game reps for the season.

Here is the thing with Quinn, he had a defensive player of the year worthy season in 2013, a down year to his standards but still solid nonetheless in 2014 and his 2015 campaign was plagued by injury. Now here comes a new season in a new home and new players to go with him on that d-line.

If everyone stays healthy this defensive line could be a monster presence in the record books. The Rams signed former first-round picks Quinton Coples (Quinn's former teammate at UNC) and Dominique Easley. Quinn is coming back to a defensive line that has a new starting defensive end alongside him in William Hayes and an overall improved interior d-line duo of Michael Brockers and one of the best in league in Aaron Donald.

Read more...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I chose Donald because the last time we played the Bronco's in Regular Season (Nov.2014) he had one of our two sacks that day! And that was his 1st Season!!
Also, as a side note, Kenny Britt had our only TD. I expect a lot more from both of them today.
We Won the game 22-7! Mostly because Greg-the Leg had 5 FG's!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't like back injuries period but for a guy like Quinn who goes all out and leans and controls like he does, I am not so optimistic.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
And I hope he continues to look great. I had neck surgery 5 years ago. It doesn't improve each year. It slowly gets worse...and I don't play in the NFL.
Yes but what was your surgery and what was his? Nobody really knows or at least I haven't heard what his surgery was exactly. Quinn looked great and was a stud against the run.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes but what was your surgery and what was his? Nobody really knows or at least I haven't heard what his surgery was exactly. Quinn looked great and was a stud against the run.

There is no such thing as good surgery, especially when it involves the spine. If you need surgery there is something that needs corrected, but humans can never fully return things to original condition.

Shoman01

Rookie
2013 was a long time ago, that and with the back injury I don't see him putting up the big numbers that got him his high dollar contract ever again.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
2013 was a long time ago, that and with the back injury I don't see him putting up the big numbers that got him his high dollar contract ever again.

Quinn is an incredibly rare specimen.
He is still young too.

With Donald reaching his prime and if the LDE position can create pressure, Quinn at 90% could still take over games and put up very impressive sack numbers for years to come.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think he's going to prove you wrong bro. He looked great against the run. His blocker couldn't move him. On the pass he was bringing pressure. How long has he not played? But in his first action against the one's he looks like that! The man is back.