Rams D and 3rd down efficiency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
During the preseason, I know there was a lengthy thread about the Rams D not being able to get off the field because of very poor 3rd down performance. I'm curious to know how that stat looks after 4 games. Any of you stat gurus got that number up your sleeve? I feel from watching these games that it must be better but I could be way off on that. What say ye you stat mongers? Shed the light on my lazy ass!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow! Thanks for that Jdash. Not to shabby huh? And check where 4-0 Atlanta is on that list, 48%. Arizona sits at 34.4%.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
And unless Chicago gets 3 INTs tonight we'll be leading the NFL thru week 4 with the most INTs(8), but we're the only defense with 0 forced fumbles or fumble recoveries.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd really like to see our DEs and LBs start punching at the ball on these RBs.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
JdashSTL said:
And unless Chicago gets 3 INTs tonight we'll be leading the NFL thru week 4 with the most INTs(8), but we're the only defense with 0 forced fumbles or fumble recoveries.

Damn Bears consequently has 3 ints right now albeit unusual ones but still w/ 2 of those returned.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
4 INTs now. Holy hell I didn't think Romo was this bad.

Watch next week they get a W. :|

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:

5 now!!

Damn. We gotta catch up to them on Thursday ha.

bluecoconuts

Legend
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:

5 now!!

If Bradford is able to throw for 400 yards Arizona will have to throw all night to catch up, we can do it.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:

5 now!!

If Bradford is able to throw for 400 yards Arizona will have to throw all night to catch up, we can do it.

And im pretty confident that we can contain Ryan Williams (fingers crossed). He had one good game against the Eagles, but thats been it.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:

5 now!!

Stats are fun, but I tend to give the most attention to the turn-over ratio (presently +2) and offensive scoring TD's. This second statistic became important to me during the Linehan and Spag's era, especially since the Rams are so badly lacking in this area.

Sadly, the Rams continue to grossly lag in this catagory and after 4 games, the "O" has only scored 4 TD's for a 1 per game average. More disturbing and as I pointed out earlier, the Rams have not scored an "O" TD in 2 weeks....I doubt seriously that Bradford will come anywhere near 400 yds against Arizona. :boing:

Sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but this "O" has a long ways to go I'm afraid. That said, the "D" is looking better and better, so let's instead hope for a tight game into the 4th where Fisher can work his magic. :hehe: