Rams cuts on the way to 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I still think 3 QBs active would be interesting...Goff starter, Bortles filler, Wolford closer...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
On Dom Hatfield....I have never seen what Snead did in him. I hope that the Rams have finally moved on from Dom Hatfield. I was never a fan.

On rookie David Long......the longer David sat on the bench the better he looked. Not getting much playing time as the rest of the corners like Williams, Peterson, Hatfield, Richards & Deayon kept Long from being exposed to what we saw in the last pre season game. To say I am disappointed in what I have seen would be correct.
I have been a little rough on my comments on our 3rd round selection CB David Long(DL). I still believe that the Rams biggest needs in 2020 is a talented starting outside corner & RG. I had hoped that David would have looked better. Just like I have been highly disappointed in Demby & Evans.

I was reviewing the resume of DL & should take into considerations that DL is now the Rams youngest player. He is just 21 yr old, the season will be over before he turns 22.

The next youngest player is Safety/Hybrid ILB'er Taylor Rapp. Rapp is less than 3 months older than DL. Followed by RB Henderson & LB'er Natrez Patrick.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have been thinking the same thing about Cory Littleton being the lone ranger ILB'er......but I may be off in thinking that.....Wade has three new elements in the main defensive mixing batter.... Clay Matthews, Taylor Rapp & Eric Weddle. This trio may radically change things up in Wade's defensive Nickel & dime schemes.

Rapp was the Rams top draft selection for a big reason...to resolve our biggest defensive flaw that was ongoing behind the middle of our DL. Rapp was not drafted to play FS. He is here to get involved around the box in space as a tackler & getting those pass catching RB's & TE's to the ground quickly.

CL was always the main key defender in the Nickel before the new batter mix. Weddle or Matthews can call the defense now & Rapp's dynamic tackling "Rapp Ups" on those short over the middle crossing routes by RB's & TE's may not be as big of a problem as it was the last two seasons We will see this Sunday.

New 2019 Nickle/sub package

ER- Fowler
DT- Brockers
DT- Donald
ER-
Ebukam Matthews

ILB-
Barron Rapp
ILB-
Littleton Christian

SS- JJ III
NK- NRC
CB- Peters
CB- Talib
FS-
Joyner Weddle

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I expect Rapp to figure most prominently tbh. His coverage ability he flashed in preseason and scrimmages on top of his knack for shooting gaps and making tackles will get him on the field and that's the best way to do it.

So Hager on early or obvious run downs. Rapp on passing downs. If Hager struggles (which I think he might) I would guess we see Rapp used on some of the early and run downs. He is a smart player too, and would give us some flexibility pre-snap to complicate QB reads.

IMO Matthews won't play as much inside unless they need him in the playoffs. He wasn't a fan of it, and I think he's going to be able to rush on big throwing downs and be kept fresh so he'll put up some good pressures & sack numbers in that role.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I have been thinking the same thing about Cory Littleton being the lone ranger ILB'er......but I may be off in thinking that.....Wade has three new elements in the main defensive mixing batter.... Clay Matthews, Taylor Rapp & Eric Weddle. This trio may radically change things up in Wade's defensive Nickel & dime schemes.

Rapp was the Rams top draft selection for a big reason...to resolve our biggest defensive flaw that was ongoing behind the middle of our DL. Rapp was not drafted to play FS. He is here to get involved around the box in space as a tackler & getting those pass catching RB's & TE's to the ground quickly.

CL was always the main key defender in the Nickel before the new batter mix. Weddle or Matthews can call the defense now & Rapp's dynamic tackling "Rapp Ups" on those short over the middle crossing routes by RB's & TE's may not be as big of a problem as it was the last two seasons We will see this Sunday.

New 2019 Nickle/sub package

ER- Fowler
DT- Brockers
DT- Donald
ER-
Ebukam Matthews

ILB-
Barron Rapp
ILB-
Littleton Christian

SS- JJ III
NK- NRC
CB- Peters
CB- Talib
FS-
Joyner Weddle

Excellent post, Bonifay.

One thing is very probable. Wade will have tons of fun while tinkering with his available packages this season. The possibilities are almost endless with such talented and intelligent chess pieces.

Might take Wade 6-8 games to find his most effective combos.

Another thing. In the process I expect to see opposing QB’s making lots of false reads and consequent mistakes.