Rams cut downs to 80 players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would think the kicker from the CFL would have the inside track. I'm not even gonna try to type his name.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nothing much unexpected. Maybe Greg Dorth this early but, they did sign some UDFA with speed. in the end, it won't have any real impact on the final roster and PS.

Well some of them were already on the practice squad

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Shitty for the players but nice to see actual roster moves.

I would guess that Gervase gets a shot somewhere down the road too. He is limited but smart and solid depth.

Won’t be with The Rams!!! Pretty sure of that after he got cut that fast. Remember he was a crap walkon. Very limited. A Bones guy, so maybe Jerry Jones type.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
How in the world can the Rams make an informed decision about releasing a kicker candidate this soon?

I mean, they may be forced to do it, but it won’t be an informed decision. It’ll be a Covid required damned coin flip. Geez...

2 out of 3 is no coin flip.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I probably should have phrased it "on the way to 80". They haven't cut all the players they have to and I'm pretty sure they have a bit more time to do so.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Outside of these moves, I actually think movements will be down this year, as teams worry about bringing new elements within the team bubble. They might need better talent, but the scare of laying up half the roster will make team officials to take pause.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I sort of missed this, split roster option being a factor. Glad you posted that. (y)

But agree, it doesn’t appear our approach.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Question becomes does the agreement make it so people on the covid list don't count for the 80 man or not. With the list likely being a short term thing I'd imagine they count towards the 80 while being on it.