rams cut Bradford Mock:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

laramsoriginal

Starter
In the wild scenario that the rams cut sam Bradford. Here is my wild and wacky mock draft:

Trade down from 13th to 21st to acquire 2nd round pick.
Trade next years 2nd round pick to move up and draft Donald.

Cutting Bradford, Finnegan, wells, and dhal will help create 21+ million in cap space.

Free Agency:

RG Saffold
C Mack
LB Dunbar
S Byrd
CB Finnegan (2-3 million)

Mack and Saffold will kick butt. S Byrd will greatly improve the secondary. Finnegan is brought back for cheap to help lead the young CB's.

#2 pick: Johnny Football.
He has the intangibles that every coach loves. He is athletic and can make the difficult throws. Will improve the WR corp by providing extra time in the pocket to find the open man.
There is something special about this kid. The only question mark is his size.

21st pick: LG Yankey.
Will start from day one at LG and be a good OL for many many years.

2nd round: CB Verrett
Jason and Finnegan will battle it out for the 3rd cb slot. A good secondary will only improve the DL's performance.

2nd round pick: DT Donald
Great burst. Will provide the rams with a tremendous pass rush from the inside.

3rd round: OT James (Tennessee)
Can provide depth at tackle while improving his technique.

4th Round: Black Mamba Thomas
Give Johnny Football an electrifying RB that can do it all plus outrun nearly everyone. Austin and Thomas on the same field is a deadly combo.

5th round: LG Watt
Played alongside Martin at Notre Dame and held his own the past two years. Watt is a technician, smart player.

Discuss

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1 Word: No.

Expanded? I am not cutting Sam Bradford for Johnny Manziel.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Many can argue that Bradford is not the worth the money, Many can argue that even if healthy, Bradford is just an average QB. In which case the former leads to the Rams cutting Sam

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Many can argue that Bradford is not the worth the money, Many can argue that even if healthy, Bradford is just an average QB. In which case the former leads to the Rams cutting Sam

Well, first of all, a 26 year old average QB is worth something on the trade market. Second of all, cutting Bradford does us no good unless we're upgrading. Third of all, Manziel isn't the first or second best QB in this class and we have the #2 pick. Fourth of all, Bradford is a better QB than Manziel currently is. Fifth of all, the Rams aren't going to cut Bradford this year. Sixth of all, why would you cut your 26 year old starting QB when he was on pace for 32 TDs to 9 Ints before going down with an injury on an offense that wasn't stacked with talent?

It's a definitive no if Manziel is the replacement. If we were talking Bridgewater, I could deal although I'd expect a trade rather than a cut. But Manziel? No.

crazyhorns

Rookie
So the great QB's make over 20 million a year. Bradford is set to make 14 million sounds about right. If Bradford was coming out in this class of QB's he would hands down be the #1 QB. You may argue the durability but his skill set is much better than Johnny football and his peers. Johnny is exciting football but will his game translate in the NFL and will the team be able to adjust to his improve?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
jrry32 loves Bridge over troubled Water...laramsoriginal loves Johnny Football and I love Blake Bortles because I'm a fan of alliteration and the fact that he's bigger and stronger then Teddy & Manziel. We'll see in the next several years who was right.

Last edited:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Manziel honestly strikes me as having a huge bust potential. I'm not sure his game is going to translate to the Pros.

If we DID cut Bradford, I'd so much rather have Bridgewater or Bortles.

laramsoriginal

Starter
In my OP I wanted to create a mock draft scenario where the rams had to replace Bradford. I agree that he needs this year to prove himself. If he cannot stay healthy or post good #'s in 2014, I would seriously doubt his future success in the nfl.

Fellas, year 5 for Bradford its time he performs like a top 10 QB. Just saying

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
In my OP I wanted to create a mock draft scenario where the rams had to replace Bradford. I agree that he needs this year to prove himself. If he cannot stay healthy or post good #'s in 2014, I would seriously doubt his future success in the nfl.

Fellas, year 5 for Bradford its time he performs like a top 10 QB. Just saying
Maybe if we give him the support any QB needs, we will. For reasons that are both the Rams' fault, and beyond the Rams' control, we haven't. And all replacing him without fixing these problems would do is just wreck another QB and waste another draft pick.

The reasons Bulger got ruined are very similar.

TexasRam

Legend
Props for having the balls to do such a mock. In Reality it is a possiblilty. Probably not happening but needs to be considered.

I love the Byrd Mack and Saffold moves. I think that is the best way to win the West. Pro Bowl Oline and upgrading our biggest need on Defense with a Pro Bowler.

I for one think Manziel will be a top QB in the NFL once he settles in, if he is in the right situation.

I really love the Donald move as the last piece for our D puzzle. Him and Byrd would put this D top 5. But Donald isn't lasting past the first round Bro...need to get him earlier at 21.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Props for having the balls to do such a mock. In Reality it is a possiblilty. Probably not happening but needs to be considered.

I love the Byrd Mack and Saffold moves. I think that is the best way to win the West. Pro Bowl Oline and upgrading our biggest need on Defense with a Pro Bowler.

I for one think Manziel will be a top QB in the NFL once he settles in, if he is in the right situation.

I really love the Donald move as the last piece for our D puzzle. Him and Byrd would put this D top 5. But Donald isn't lasting past the first round Bro...need to get him earlier at 21.

Thanks man. Wanted to create a different kind of mock instead of doing the a mock that is expected.

I would rather draft a starting LG in Yankey than a rotational DT at #21. I like Donald but I believe he will be sitting at the top of the first round or early in the 2nd round.

LT Long
LG Yankey
C Mack
RG Saffold
RT Barksdale

Johnny would have a great rookie year with that great OL. He would have even extra time to find the open WR due to his elusiveness

crazyhorns

Rookie
Thanks man. Wanted to create a different kind of mock instead of doing the a mock that is expected.

I would rather draft a starting LG in Yankey than a rotational DT at #21. I like Donald but I believe he will be sitting at the top of the first round or early in the 2nd round.

LT Long
LG Yankey
C Mack
RG Saffold
RT Barksdale

Johnny would have a great rookie year with that great OL. He would have even extra time to find the open WR due to his elusiveness

IMHO Bradford would have a much better year with this line up just saying....

Building a team with over paid free agents is the way to go. Just ask the Redskins they've been trying that for years and I can't remember the last time they were relevant in this league.

laramsoriginal

Starter
IMHO Bradford would have a much better year with this line up just saying....

Building a team with over paid free agents is the way to go. Just ask the Redskins they've been trying that for years and I can't remember the last time they were relevant in this league.

Perhaps but because Bradford makes a lot more money rams would be unable to sign Saffold, mack, and Byrd. In this crazy mock, cutting Bradford would save the rams 7 million in cap space

Lol at using the redskins as an example. The skins suck at everything and not just over paying FA's

crazyhorns

Rookie
Perhaps but because Bradford makes a lot more money rams would be unable to sign Saffold, mack, and Byrd. In this crazy mock, cutting Bradford would save the rams 7 million in cap space

Lol at using the redskins as an example. The skins suck at everything and not just over paying FA's

true but does not change the fact that most Free Agents do not pan out. Just look at some of the recent FA that sign for big money.... Haynesworth, Wallace, V. Jackson, Archuleta, Asomugha, Hugh Douglas, LeCharles Bentley, Ahman Green, Javon Walker, and many more.....

Mack will be franchised most likely and if not the Rams could sign Saffold to a contract and work a contract in for Mack and that would give him the same lineup on the OLine.

What many seem to ignore about Bradford is that he gets better each and every year and he is surrounded by young and inexperience talent. I do not question Bradfords talent only his durability at this time. He needs to stay out on the field and the Rams need to protect the guy before he becomes the next D. Carr.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Well at this rate sam might finally be able to start and finish a season by his 8th year. Lol.

In real life the rams are all in with sam so that is why I created a wild scenario in which the rams do a 360 and cut/ trade sam

laramsoriginal

Starter
I approve of this draft. ;)

Hey hey, one "fan" of this draft lol.

Its cool to consider the alternatives to Bradford and the current roster with the additions of some good free agents.
With the proposed draft and FA signings, the rams OL would be dominant

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Hey hey, one "fan" of this draft lol.

Its cool to consider the alternatives to Bradford and the current roster with the additions of some good free agents.
With the proposed draft and FA signings, the rams OL would be dominant

Hey man... we're LAST place in our division for a reason. Sometimes a little out of the box thinking is what is needed.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
In the wild scenario that the rams cut sam Bradford.
The-Horror-Of-Bad-Writing-How-Not-To-Get-Your-Guest-Post-Published.jpg