Rams current depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
I'm not too happy with the Rams failing to tender RFAs Deayon and Carraway. Now that Brock is back the Fox non-tender is understandable but the other two meh. Not an enormous deal in the big scheme of things but it's the decision making that concerns me. I would have liked to see both those guys (especially Deayon) in camp.

Agreed on Center. And I would add an OT as well, where we hopefully have a shot at someone who can win our LT job in 2021 but for now can improve depth and competition.

I think that Bylthe was resigned to be our starting center. It was by far his best position. He was cuttable playing guard last year.

Depending on the money he got will let us know if he will just be a backup or starter

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm not too happy with the Rams failing to tender RFAs Deayon and Carraway. Now that Brock is back the Fox non-tender is understandable but the other two meh. Not an enormous deal in the big scheme of things but it's the decision making that concerns me. I would have liked to see both those guys (especially Deayon) in camp.

Agreed on Center. And I would add an OT as well, where we hopefully have a shot at someone who can win our LT job in 2021 but for now can improve depth and competition.
For some reason I have the feeling that the Rams will see that skinny dinky corner back in a Rams' uni sometime early in the regular season signing @ a much lower price. Carraway's knee may have been badly damaged last yr.

This current roster appears to have a slightly more need @ OC because Blythe is not a magic cure. If Noteboom is damaged & is what we saw last season before he was hurt ....then yes the LT cadre will be a big need too.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Looks like Snead has this interior OL well stocked in numbers. In addition most of the below IOL'ers are versatile to play any of these 3 posts.

LG- Corbett/ Shelton/ Kolone
OC- Blythe/ Allen/ Trewyn
RG- Edwards/ Brewer/ Demby

All I would think that needs to be done here is to draft talented OC or sign a well seasoned OC with starting experience before the regular season begins that will not have any effect on the future CDPA's.
That combo sucks and you know it! They sucked last year so what miracle is going to make it change. You reference Allen you don't know how he is coming back from injury.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think that Bylthe was resigned to be our starting center. It was by far his best position. He was cuttable playing guard last year.

Depending on the money he got will let us know if he will just be a backup or starter
Blythe was a Center when the Colts cut him. He played at his best for us at OG when he wasn't sure the job was his, only to end up being exposed down the stretch in 2018. He also played his best at Center for us when he wasn't sure the job was his, and is on a one year deal for good reason.

He might end up being our starting Center, sure. But I'm not counting on him right now. IMO he's a fallback for planning purposes.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That combo sucks and you know it! They sucked last year so what miracle is going to make it change. You reference Allen you don't know how he is coming back from injury.
You must know more than me because I do not know it........I thought I knew that HC McVay said that he knew Brian Allen would be on track to being ready to go for the season.

Can you help me (obviously you think I am in need of it) & share some of your significant knowledge on why you are so certain you know that combo of interior OL'ers will suck?

Last edited:

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
CB has 2 upcoming free agents in Ramsey and Hill, wont sign both, better draft a replacement for 1 this year.
S has starters, day 3 pick or UDFA makes sense.
ILB needs some more help, OLB, well cant have enough pass rushers, can see 1 of each.
DL has starters and backups for a couple of years, certainly wont pass on one, but can see not drafting one either.
OL Blythe is replaceable at C, seems the Rams have set starters and depth at the other spots. Drafting a C that can start for the next 10 years is entirely possible this year.
RB, dont see drafting one, unless Gurley is moved.
WR, yes take one late to develop, have a roster spot, best WR class in a while, take advantage.
TE, looks like a poor year to draft one, day 3 at best.
QB, well of course Goff is the starter for the next few years, finding a cheap backup is becoming more of a challenge, not a bad idea to draft one day 3.

NFL running backs not only expendable, but they’ve also become dime a dozen.
QBs, Left tackles, edge pass rushers, and cornerbacks carry enormous contracts. Running backs are dispensable parts rolling off an assembly line.