Rams Coverage rates from last year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Curious, what's the disappointing part for you about that stat?
Would like to see more variety and more man coverage.

Thought they played a lot of soft / umbrella coverage last year that was ineffective; and 62% Cover 3 and 4 confirms that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes but you have said 'Tampa 2' a lot.

Except for your Rob Havenstein takes, I don't think posters laugh at you as much as we push-back; and, I think it's because you often state your opinions as facts. I think that's the 'difference'.

In the case of Havenstein, you don't think much of him. That's OK. However, you have insisted the Rams Would move-on from him every season for the past 5 years ... even right after the Rams signed him to an extension.

You don't post that you Think the Rams Should move on from Havenstein, or that you Wish they Would move-on. You consistently post that they Will move-on.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I often like reading your posts.

Now, that @Loyal guy ... he's a trouble-maker.
hater!

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
It has been reported that Durant is learning "star" but he's not close to having the build or physicality of a linebacker, or even Ramsey.
I think it has more to do with matching up to give each player the best assignment. To do that one player has to pick up the WR or TE who is left - typically their most dangerous skill player so you match your best CB on their WR or perhaps safety on their TE

Ramsey redefined the position because he is a beast in and around the box on top of his coverage ability

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would like to see more variety and more man coverage.

Thought they played a lot of soft / umbrella coverage last year that was ineffective; and 62% Cover 3 and 4 confirms that.

Certainly you can play these coverages (3 and 4) with different techniques such as press but that's not what we're set up to do.

It does seem like we're trying to get back to where we were a few years ago, good to great pass rush and guys who can break fast and accurately from off coverage. But if you don't have both of those, it can be death by a thousand cuts.

I would not be shocked if Morris has to mix up the coverages (some zone blitzes and a tick more man coverage) a bit more this year and take more chances though and use the raw athleticism of some of these guys to make plays fast even if it's a mistake.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Certainly you can play these coverages (3 and 4) with different techniques such as press but that's not what we're set up to do.
Whatever they were set-up to do last year, sure did not work.

It does seem like we're trying to get back to where we were a few years ago, good to great pass rush and guys who can break fast and accurately from off coverage. But if you don't have both of those, it can be death by a thousand cuts.
I don't know if where they are going to get that good-to-great pass rush, or speed on the back-end.

I would not be shocked if Morris has to mix up the coverages (some zone blitzes and a tick more man coverage) a bit more this year and take more chances though and use the raw athleticism of some of these guys to make plays fast even if it's a mistake.
I am all for being more aggressive.

Anyway, I hope it works-out!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
1691517506647.png

Tano

Legend
Whatever they were set-up to do last year, sure did not work.

I don't know if where they are going to get that good-to-great pass rush, or speed on the back-end.

I am all for being more aggressive.

Anyway, I hope it works-out!
What I didn't like about Morris defense last year is pinpointed to 3 games

Tampa Bay - we played an agressive defense for 3 quarters and then went to soft zone in the 4th qtr and lost because of it

Arizona - second game - no way McCoy should have gone up and done the field with his 5 yard passes all game

New Orleans - same thing

Should have played more aggressive in the two games and not change up the defense in the Tampa Game

Those 3 games were the difference of possibly have 8 wins after the Raider game and maybe having a chance at making the playoffs and basically giving up and going 5 12.