Rams could hop aboard QB carousel in '16/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Step one is to replace Fisher.

He must not be allowed anywhere near the decision process on any O player moving forward. Especially QB.

Haven't we learned at least that lesson?

Only then can we hope to make solid decisions on QB and all else on O, apparently.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
what about bringing back Fitzpatrick? all we need is a game manager under center and refortify the line. just a goddamn game manager please!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
what about bringing back Fitzpatrick? all we need is a game manager under center and refortify the line. just a goddamn game manager please!

If we can't get our QB of the future or he needs to sit and mature for a few years like a fine wine there'd be a lot worse options than Fitzmagic to wok behind. Of course he's limited, but he is very smart and can play well within a scheme you adapt to his strengths. His experience would really help. And yes he'd be an upgrade as it is anyway.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
If we can't get our QB of the future or he needs to sit and mature for a few years like a fine wine there'd be a lot worse options than Fitzmagic to wok behind. Of course he's limited, but he is very smart and can play well within a scheme you adapt to his strengths. His experience would really help. And yes he'd be an upgrade as it is anyway.
why did we let him go again? another blunder?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
another option. I'll preach it again. get Tebow and we could at least run a wishbone look with Tebow Gurley and Tavon or have Tavon running the sweep. could be very affective. and there's the ability of Tebow to throw on occasion (he's no worse than what we have). the multiple threats with a decent OC could be very effective with all three threats. keep Foles as 2nd if must. naysayers can give a million reasons but last time he started he won how many straight and a playoff upset. he'd do better than what we have now.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If we're not going to play Mannion to see if he could handle the #2, these last 5 games is a battle between Keenum & Foles to see who IS the #2......Loser goes home....Mannion stays as #3 ANOTHER YEAR...and either DRAFT a QB high (Goff or Cook) and play him....or sign Sam to a cheap deal....1 year prove it...yea, I said it...esp. if Fish is still here with Cig....If not, blow it all up except for the DRAFT a QB high thingy......

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
If we're not going to play Mannion to see if he could handle the #2, these last 5 games is a battle between Keenum & Foles to see who IS the #2......Loser goes home....Mannion stays as #3 ANOTHER YEAR...and either DRAFT a QB high (Goff or Cook) and play him....or sign Sam to a cheap deal....1 year prove it...yea, I said it...esp. if Fish is still here with Cig....If not, blow it all up except for the DRAFT a QB high thingy......

I'm down with a one year prove it deal for Bradford if Kaepernick doesn't shake loose from SF. I'd be committed to drafting a QB high this year though. 1st or 2nd round depending on the talent and circumstances of the draft. Cook and Wentz look good right now, but its only December. The exciting thing to me is the QB doesn't need to be All Pro, just not trash. They will be in great position with those 3 picks in the top 60.

fearsomefour

Legend
He is a FA after this year. I would be surprised if the Jets let him go unless they are dumb enough to buy into Smith still.
Fitzpatrick can actually make some plays from the pocket and find open receivers. He would be a massive upgrade over what the Rams have now.

fearsomefour

Legend
Deal Breaker here Bad decision on Foles period! :rant:

Rams appears cemented to Paying Foles close to 9 million next season is ONE very big mess. 100% total waste of cap funds! Rams paying Foles a bonus of $6M in March of next year is not funny:(

Am I reading this wrong here ?????that releasing Foles sometime late August after he shows once again he can not win here leaves the Rams on the hook close to 10 million in dead cap money? Please tell me I am just stupid in math & no understanding of contract readings & I will feel better;).
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/nick-foles/
His weaknesses were pretty clear to see if a person had watched him play. Im not a fan but I am surprised how badly he has done. The part that is just blindly terrible is signing him an extension before seeing how he would play.

Stel

Starter
Just an FYI:
- Most don't see 2016 as a top QB class
- Over the last 10 years
----- 19 QBs have been taken between #1 and #16 ( avg 1.9 per draft) [11 now starting]
----- 7 QBs have been taken between #17 and #32 ( avg .7 per draft) [2 now starting]
----- 9 QBs have been taken between #33 and #48 ( avg .9 per draft) [2 now starting]
----- an average of only 3.5 QBs were taken in the first 48 picks of the draft and less than half of those are now starting (.

In this class, I'd guess 2 will go between #1 and #16 and two between #17 and #48. I no teams are desperate for QBs, but I wouldn't assume a bunch go early or that huge trades will be made to move up for one. I don't think any QB in this draft is as good a prospect as either Winston or Mariota was last season. There are some very good non QB prospects, which are much safer immediate impact players, which I think will go early. I don't think professional NFL FO people are as likely to move up for a QB as fans are.

Limey

Rookie
I was supportive of Bradford while he was here, as he was a Ram and we had invested a lot in him, but I don't want him back. He is made of glass, and when he does play he only throws short passes. A game manager type would be fine but we need someone that can throw it long enough to dissuade defences from stacking the box. Oh, and he has zero leadership skills. Would prefer Fitz at the same price, but Sam will be wanting a lot more money than Fitz.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just an FYI:
- Most don't see 2016 as a top QB class
- Over the last 10 years
----- 19 QBs have been taken between #1 and #16 ( avg 1.9 per draft) [11 now starting]
----- 7 QBs have been taken between #17 and #32 ( avg .7 per draft) [2 now starting]
----- 9 QBs have been taken between #33 and #48 ( avg .9 per draft) [2 now starting]
----- an average of only 3.5 QBs were taken in the first 48 picks of the draft and less than half of those are now starting (.

In this class, I'd guess 2 will go between #1 and #16 and two between #17 and #48. I no teams are desperate for QBs, but I wouldn't assume a bunch go early or that huge trades will be made to move up for one. I don't think any QB in this draft is as good a prospect as either Winston or Mariota was last season. There are some very good non QB prospects, which are much safer immediate impact players, which I think will go early. I don't think professional NFL FO people are as likely to move up for a QB as fans are.

Thanks for posting those stats, Stel.

Who can argue with those daunting numbers?

But don't we have to try to improve our QB position? Via draft, I mean?

Or has the failure been in our QB coaching and play calling?

Either way it seems to me that the beginning of any solution has to start with replacing Fisher. We need a fresh start, IMO. Our O decisions have been awful for 4 damned years. Enough...

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think so, but that doesn't mean you overdraft one.

And that's what teams have been doing time and time again hoping to strike the gold of obtaining one of the few traditional pocket passers that can change a teams fortunes.