Rams could bring back Scott Wells

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't buy it. No way.

If this happens, I don't know. I'm not going to make threats. It'll just make me feel a lot differently about the people we have in charge.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I say we call up the Browns and see what it'll take to pry away Mack. It's a given he's opting out at the end of the year so why not kick the tires and see if we can make a deal? They took Erving as insurance to Mack why not give them a call?

Holy cow, I was just thinking that! After Cleveland took Cam Erving, it seemed to me that it would be worth calling and offering our 2016 1st (the 32nd pick in the draft is a glorified 2nd, anyway...) to Cleveland for their All Pro Center

Can you guys imagine an OL of: Robinson/Jones/Mack/Saffold/Havenstein ???

Holy cow... that OL... With Brown, Donnal, Wichmann, Reynolds and Rhaney as backups, we'd be stomping teams! (yeah, I'm keeping 10 OL this year if we're going all in on the power running scheme)

Man, I'm so giddy just thinking about how good that would be, I'll never get to bed at this rate!!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
noooo.gif

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think if Wells is signed (to play) that's taking a step back on this o-line and shows that Fisher doesn't have conviction in his drafting action. You've got to start Barrett Jones now in the Centre, he's had a coupe of years behind Wells and hopefully has learnt what to do (and what not to do) in that time - if he doesn't start this year, he never will...

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
If they do bring him back it'll be such a Rams move regardless of who's in the FO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I reckon there's more of a chance of them bringing me in to play Centre. And I only weigh 90kg.

TexasRam

Legend
A fool would go into the season with 3 guys with zero NFL experience starting.

Seriously.

This included Barrett Jones. We just don't know what him and the rookies have.

Imagine a right side with Quinn Ojinaaka, Adam Goldberg and Jason Smith. That's about what you are getting.

We need one more proven vet if we want Foles and Gurley to have a chance.

Barks or one if the vets is a must!!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'd still bring in both Blaylock and Barksdale on one year deals. The rookies look promising, as they do every year, but the playoff window is wide open and I'd like to make it once or twice this decade. Relying on straight rookies and last year's low round camp players is not a good idea IMO. It won't hurt a rookie to sit if one of those guys beat them out for a year. We know they are the OL of the future. No need to rush players who aren't ready.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Listening to one of the latest video with Snead he did mention two centers that may start and Jones was not one of them. Made me question what is going on.
The Rams could have traded back and grabbed the Center Cleveland took at 19 and had an extra pick. Worked for the Cowboys.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We just went through an entire draft where we preached trust in the front office regardless of our personal opinions.
Now JT makes a statement and we want to roast Fish & Co. ? Come on now fellas, if we trust in the process bee trust in the process. If indeed he wants Wells back then let's just assume he has a plan.
Well, I guess I'm in the "trust is earned" camp.

Last year was supposed to be the break out year... for obvious reasons (Bradford going down... although there was/is MUCH debate whether that event really mattered that much), we went backwards.

Every year, the team seems unprepared at the start of the season.

Overall, the drafts have been good, but a lot of these kids aren't progressing as quickly as I thought they would/should (Jenkins is stiull inconsistent, Austin, Quick too a long time and I want to see if he can pick up where he left off, Pead, etc.).

Free agent pick-ups have been meh.

After three full years to build the roster the way they wanted, we've gone 7-8-1, 7-9 and 6-10. First year = pass... second year = expected slight improvement... third year = expected break out... fourth year = it just needs to happen.

I fully understand that there have been a lot of moving parts and challenges... but, to me, this has got to be the year. Do I trust it will be? I dunno... I am excited to watch it all unfold and am always hopeful for a big turn-around... in fact, I'm expecting it! (y)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well, I guess I'm in the "trust is earned" camp.

Last year was supposed to be the break out year... for obvious reasons (Bradford going down... although there was/is MUCH debate whether that event really mattered that much), we went backwards.

Every year, the team seems unprepared at the start of the season.

Overall, the drafts have been good, but a lot of these kids aren't progressing as quickly as I thought they would/should (Jenkins is stiull inconsistent, Austin, Quick too a long time and I want to see if he can pick up where he left off, Pead, etc.).

Free agent pick-ups have been meh.

After three full years to build the roster the way they wanted, we've gone 7-8-1, 7-9 and 6-10. First year = pass... second year = expected slight improvement... third year = expected break out... fourth year = it just needs to happen.

I fully understand that there have been a lot of moving parts and challenges... but, to me, this has got to be the year. Do I trust it will be? I dunno... I am excited to watch it all unfold and am always hopeful for a big turn-around... in fact, I'm expecting it! (y)

Agree with most of this. I think Quick would have been a big deal if he hadn't been hurt.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Listening to one of the latest video with Snead he did mention two centers that may start and Jones was not one of them. Made me question what is going on.
The Rams could have traded back and grabbed the Center Cleveland took at 19 and had an extra pick. Worked for the Cowboys.

This Barrett Jones information above would not be news to me. I am a strong supported for center Tim Barnes as our starting center this season. I see no reason for any concern. Barnes was a well recognized HS & college center with 39 starts @ center & not missing a game in college from 2008 to 2010. Tim Barnes consistently won battles against all pro DT Ndamukong Suh in college. Demetrius Rhaney will be an excellent back reserve to Tim Barnes.

I also see no reason for concern about Snead not mentioning Barrett Jones in the center conversation. IMO Barrett is being planned to fill the position that Tim Barnes has played in all the Goal line & FG special teams. In addition I am convinced that the role that Mike Person held down last season where Barrett will now take up the very important & critical 6th dressed game day OL'er. Barrett will be the guy who is prepared to come in on emergency basis & fills in @ any of the OL posts including center, just like Mike Person did. This is special & very few 24 yr old OLers are capable of doing this.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with most of this. I think Quick would have been a big deal if he hadn't been hurt.
Yes. His arrow was definitely pointing up.

But, as Rams luck would have it, he sustained a serious injury.

So, in my mind, I'm not sure what to expect.

I always come back to the mental aspect of a serious injury. These guys are human just like us... if we sustained a major injury, we'd always have that nagging worry about reinjuring it... we'd probably play more cautiously... I hope Quick can overcome those thoughts... but it's be understandable if he was very careful.

Will that affect his play? I hope not.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
-Alternate Headlines-

"Rams could bring back Drew Bennett"

"Rams still interested in bringing back small pox"

"Rams could stick staples under fingernails"

DCH

Madman with a box.