Rams Community Work Puts Future Fan at Forefront (101ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

One would be hard-pressed to find another franchise in all of sports that possesses and exhibits an unyielding commitment to community work in the way that the St. Louis Rams organization does.

Whether it’s the monthly staff days of service to St. Louis or tornado-ravaged Joplin, Mo., annual playground builds, the Salvation Army Tree of Lights Campaign, the March of Dimes Golf Challenge, Komen Race for the Cure participation, Basket of Hope assistance, the Bikes for Kids program, Everyday Heroes to honor the military, CharacterPLUS for school-age youth or a multitude of other initiatives, the Rams’ community outreach efforts are among the most extensive and widespread of any professional sports franchise in America.

The Foundation

The club’s community efforts have escalated exponentially since the 2009 arrival of Kevin Demoff, the Rams’ vice president of football operations and chief operating officer.

Demoff – whose grandparents were devoted fans of the football Cardinals and Rams while living in St. Louis for over 40 years – quickly helped lead the organization towards earning the city’s 2010 Philanthropic of the Year award for community work, marking the first time a St. Louis sports team had ever received that distinguished designation.

According to Rams vice president of marketing and brand strategy Brian Killingsworth, the club’s community commitment begins with Demoff.

(I truly hope each of you will enjoy the full piece here. I, for one, am very proud of the Rams community efforts. The collumn looks at Demoff, Kroenke, the Rams long-term hopes regarding St. Louis as related to their community initiatives, etc. Thanks for reading.)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/02/rams-community-work-puts-future-fan-at-forefront/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/02/ram ... forefront/</a>

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: Rams Community Work Puts Future Fan at Forefront (101ESP

Good to hear from you Shane.

Demoff seems to be doing a great job when it comes to getting the Rams involved in the community. This kind of stuff will probably be vital if they expect Missourians to help pay for either a new stadium or the major refurbishment of the old one. I'm certainly happy about that because even though I live in NH I still consider St. Louis my heart home. I'd surely be very unhappy if the Rams left. So would the rest of my family who still live there.

Thanks for the update.

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

albefree69 said:
Good to hear from you Shane.

Demoff seems to be doing a great job when it comes to getting the Rams involved in the community. This kind of stuff will probably be vital if they expect Missourians to help pay for either a new stadium or the major refurbishment of the old one. I'm certainly happy about that because even though I live in NH I still consider St. Louis my heart home. I'd surely be very unhappy if the Rams left. So would the rest of my family who still live there.

Thanks for the update.

You are welcome... and thank you for the kind words. Hope all is well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Good job, Shane.

KD's done a phenomenal job since he's been here. All of the outreach programs are great, but I'm more appreciative of his desire to make the fan/player/organization experience a more intimate one. His town hall meetings, camp gatherings, and his interactions with fans/boards are simply awesome.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

A Shane sighting......it's been awhile.....hope things are good during the slow part of the year.

ShaneG

Starter

X said:
Good job, Shane.

KD's done a phenomenal job since he's been here. All of the outreach programs are great, but I'm more appreciative of his desire to make the fan/player/organization experience a more intimate one. His town hall meetings, camp gatherings, and his interactions with fans/boards are simply awesome.

Thank you, X.

Fabulous points re: KD and all of the other stuff he has done in those regards, too. Been phenomenal what he had done to help improve the Rams comprehensively on AND off the field. I am always amazed at what he and the Rams do with the draft party at Rams Park, the draft parties, all the community work, KD on forums like this one, the season ticket luncheons, etc.

ShaneG

Starter

LesBaker said:
A Shane sighting......it's been awhile.....hope things are good during the slow part of the year.

Thanks, Les. I really appreciate you taking the time to say that. Hope all is good with you, too. Looking at some stadium stuff next week and camp is coming very soon.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

ShaneG said:
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

One would be hard-pressed to find another franchise in all of sports that possesses and exhibits an unyielding commitment to community work in the way that the St. Louis Rams organization does.

Whether it’s the monthly staff days of service to St. Louis or tornado-ravaged Joplin, Mo., annual playground builds, the Salvation Army Tree of Lights Campaign, the March of Dimes Golf Challenge, Komen Race for the Cure participation, Basket of Hope assistance, the Bikes for Kids program, Everyday Heroes to honor the military, CharacterPLUS for school-age youth or a multitude of other initiatives, the Rams’ community outreach efforts are among the most extensive and widespread of any professional sports franchise in America.

The Foundation

The club’s community efforts have escalated exponentially since the 2009 arrival of Kevin Demoff, the Rams’ vice president of football operations and chief operating officer.

Demoff – whose grandparents were devoted fans of the football Cardinals and Rams while living in St. Louis for over 40 years – quickly helped lead the organization towards earning the city’s 2010 Philanthropic of the Year award for community work, marking the first time a St. Louis sports team had ever received that distinguished designation.

According to Rams vice president of marketing and brand strategy Brian Killingsworth, the club’s community commitment begins with Demoff.

(I truly hope each of you will enjoy the full piece here. I, for one, am very proud of the Rams community efforts. The collumn looks at Demoff, Kroenke, the Rams long-term hopes regarding St. Louis as related to their community initiatives, etc. Thanks for reading.)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/02/rams-community-work-puts-future-fan-at-forefront/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/02/ram ... forefront/</a>

Nice article Shane. Well done.

That kind of stuff makes you feel good about being a Rams fan.