Rams Coach Sean McVay Interview at Dodgers Stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams Head Coach Sean McVay gets interviewed before he throws out the 1st pitch at the Dodgers vs Pirates game.

Watch McVay Interview

addon.php

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Miami of Ohio...Cradle of Coaches..Always remember Dave Dials saying that back during halftimes with "Prudential at the Half." back in the 70's...The list from that school is simply amazing.

Cradle of Coaches

Throughout the sports world, Miami has the unique reputation as the "Cradle of Coaches." Legendary football coaches such as Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, Ara Parseghian, Weeb Ewbank, Paul Brown and Sid Gillman all had roots at Miami, and the impact they left on the college football landscape can still be felt today.

At last count, more than 100 Miami graduates were active in coaching or administrative work in the professional and collegiate levels. More than 30 of the men and women in the collegiate ranks are presently head coaches. Over the past six decades, 20 collegiate and professional coaches with Miami roots have stood atop their respective professions as National Coaches of the Year.

Bob Kurz, a 1958 graduate of Miami and former Miami Sports Information Director, helped put the legacy in context with his book Miami of Ohio: The Cradle of Coaches, which lays out the program's proud coaching tradition from its humble beginnings through the 2002 season, when it was last revised. His inspiration for the biography came in 1959, when Miami graduates Paul Dietzel and Parseghian were coaching the No. 1 and No. 2 college programs in the land and Brown, Gillman and Ewbank were revolutionizing the professional game.

Prior to the 2004 season, Kurz and his wife, Marian, provided a gift to the University to construct a Cradle of Coaches Plaza beyond the South endzone of Yager Stadium. The beautifully architected plaza provides a grand entrance to the stadium and have been adorned with life-sized statues of some of the program's greatest coaching legends.

Miami has been the training ground for 21 National Coaches of the Year recipients at the professional and collegiate levels.

Football
Earl (Red) Blaik Army 1946
Paul Brown Cleveland Browns 1951, 1969
Woody Hayes Ohio State 1957
Paul Dietzel LSU 1958
Ara Parseghian Notre Dame 1964
John Pont Indiana 1967
Jim Root * New Hampshire 1967
Weeb Ewbank New York Jets 1968
Bo Schembechler Michigan 1969
Bill Narduzzi * Youngstown State 1978
Rick Carter * Dayton 1980
John Harbaugh Baltimore Ravens, 2013

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hum!:thinking: Both McVay and Sid Gillman went to Miami of Ohio. I wonder if there is anything in that!!?!

_Sid_Gillman1x.jpg
Sid_Gillman_Coaching_Tree.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lookin good in that Dodgers uni...now I see why they're going back to blue and white...

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams and Dodgers, I love it. Did he throw a strike?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread just gives me bitter recall of Fisher doing things like this last year....Dang it, I liked Fisher as a person and so it made me feel bad that he thought the Rams never intended to keep him once he orchestrated the move to LA....Which was probably true. This is a heartless business at times, so lets hope McVay gets to throw the first pitch at Dodger stadium, longer than three seasons....

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Closer to a lob. I was hoping for more zip on it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't it be cool that if for once, a celebrity unexpectedly go into a wind-up, and throw an 80 mph fast ball right into the catchers face, because he isn't expecting any throw coming with heat? lol

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I just can't wait for the season and seeing McVay & Company on the Rams sidelines making it happen.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was that it, even I'd have smashed that for a home run. I'm a bit unfit and might have needed a sub runner though.