Rams & Chiefs Have the Worst NFL Fan Bases

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
2. How good is their Social Media game?
tenor.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
These are fairly idiotic criteria, imo.

Agreed. 1 and 3 are basically the same metric in what fans spend, and giving two separate metrics that are so similar shifts results towards income. Does 2/3 of the primary metrics in what constitutes the best fan base really need to be driven by income? And ironically if that's the discussion buckle up because the Rams are still on the rise and going to be a factor.

If I were trying to capture best fan base I think I'd start with home attendance, and try to find numbers based on percentages of home fans who sell out their tickets. And that, of course, will hurt the Rams and most California teams, but I think it's the biggest metric that makes the most sense. I would think a team like Green Bay is up there in that metric but of course it's hard to capture.

Also I think fanhood passed down from generation to generation is a strong factor or should be in ranking a fan base. But how do you capture that?

Either way I think the Rams are going to be the biggest bandwagon team once again this season. Because they're going to have another big year with another deep (and IMO a Super Bowl win) playoff run. The heavy buy we saw in Rams gear down the stretch into the playoffs and prior to the Super Bowl is going to continue and they should climb quite a bit in the income side of things, which does matter since it's one of the metrics that can actually be produced off solid numbers. It's gonna be fun. (y)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not sure what this guy used for his metrics. Its not like this has to mean anything. But he's got people reading his article. So mission accomplished.

Marc Spector

Rookie
as a rams fan i can see why this is true.

Simply put you cant relocate twice in 20 years and have toxic exits from both cities and retain a loyal, rabid base.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Los Angeles Rams Fans Don’t Care About Studies
By
Tony Lopez
-
June 28, 2019

THOUSAND OAKS, CA - JUNE 11: Sean McVay, head coach of the Los Angeles Rams, talks to the media following minicamp at the team's practice facility at California Lutheran University on June 11, 2019 in Thousand Oaks, California. (Photo by Jayne Kamin-Oncea/Getty Images)

The highlight of the week in football may have been the release of the results of a scientific study regarding 2018’s best and worst fans of NFL teams. Its brief buzz sparked reactions since from the two fan bases considered the worst that proved to be spectacularly typical. Kansas City Chiefs fans, said to be ‘angry’ by their local media, along with players openly put those responsible on blast. In contrast, Los Angeles Rams fans don’t care about studies by outsiders and made little noise while players gave it no recognition or credence.

Los Angeles Rams Fans Aren’t Concerned With Studies
Rams fans were given yet another reason why they should feel bad, be embarrassed, or even shamed into hiding for loving a team that doesn’t get the support it deserves. Well, nobody’s slitting their wrists as yet. This is, after all (excluding government these days), the drama capital of the country. In addition, accepting what others can’t understand or choose to ignore is a bit of a way of life in these parts.

When people outside of Los Angeles think of the city, they aren’t thinking Rams first. They don’t think Dodgers or Lakers first either. They’re thinking Disneyland, the beaches, Hollywood (and all its glory) and more. Lots more. The ones that can’t visit often enough get jealous of these beaches, the weather and celebrities sightings, etcetera.

This is why as many as able come to Los Angeles and other parts of California. You can’t beat it, join and become a part of it. People do, and from all over the globe. New England, Philadelphia, even Dallas can’t match up to Los Angeles this way. A moderate portion of current Rams fans have no invested emotional history with the team and, therefore, have no dogs in any ‘best fans’ hunt.

Why would anyone ever expect a city like Los Angeles to be at or near the top of some study about fan loyalty? Even core fan bases in southern California — the loyal die-hards — that wholeheartedly support their teams have more to do in Los Angeles during the off-season than the New England Patriots fan base did during the height of their team’s championship run. Go study that.

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2019/06/28/los-angeles-rams-fans-dont-care-about-studies/

So studies on L.A. Rams Fans can :

giphy.gif

Last edited:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
We keep producing winning seasons and we will garner more respect and more support and ... more jealousy. :sneaky:

GO RAMS !!!!!!

Flint

Pro Bowler
So the Chiefs selling out Arrowhead in December and January is less important than how much Instagram traffic they have?

Poppinfresh

Rookie
I can believe we're "one of" the worst (though nowhere near the worst - that distinction clearly goes to either the Chargers or the Jags. For anecdotal reference, my seats at the Coliseum are in a spot where I'm guaranteed to see who's sitting in them on TV. I went back and looked at the enablers of my arbitrage for each game. In all but 1 game, the seat residents were wearing opposing team colors. In that game, they were in street clothes, but I saw them cheering for the visiting team. Maybe it'll be different in Kroenkeville (though I won't be selling every single game like I do at the Crapholeseum), but we don't appear to especially support the team as a whole.

Kansas City, on the other hand, has some of the most rabid fans in the league, so this guy is nuts.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I can believe we're "one of" the worst (though nowhere near the worst - that distinction clearly goes to either the Chargers or the Jags. For anecdotal reference, my seats at the Coliseum are in a spot where I'm guaranteed to see who's sitting in them on TV. I went back and looked at the enablers of my arbitrage for each game. In all but 1 game, the seat residents were wearing opposing team colors. In that game, they were in street clothes, but I saw them cheering for the visiting team. Maybe it'll be different in Kroenkeville (though I won't be selling every single game like I do at the Crapholeseum), but we don't appear to especially support the team as a whole.

You may want to re-think your attendance at the Coliseum for 2019 after watching some of these new improvements, also all new seats & field. USC has done a nice job with the upgrades.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Jzt2epYSo

Poppinfresh

Rookie
You may want to re-think your attendance at the Coliseum for 2019 after watching some of these new improvements, also all new seats & field. USC has done a nice job with the upgrades.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Jzt2epYSo

Hard pass for me. I went to the very 1st game against the Seahawks, and vowed to never set foot in that place ever again. Even understanding some of the logistical problems (running out of beer, the dumpster fire that was getting in the gates, etc.) due to being new at it, there was just enough wrong with the whole vibe and setting to where I'd rather pocket $400 in profits a game and watch it from home.