Rams-Chiefs: 1 thing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The run game looked GREAT. And, they looked pretty good running against Dallas. Benny looks a lot quicker, and the run blocking looks like a Jeff Fisher team.

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
I'm very pleased with the run game. If we can keep it up all season long then we have a chance to make some noise. Benny looks to have slimmed down a little. I think he's gonna be huge for us this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the pieces on the oline are starting to shape up. It would be nice to have Havenstein back, for continuity, but there is a fair amount of young investment on that line coming together.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, I think this is going to be a power, run first team. The last 13 win season he had in Tennessee he had Kerry Collins throwing for 12 TD's and only 7 INT's. But he had Chris Johnson and Lindale White combining for 25 rushing TD's.

We still need a stout defense and passing game that can take advantage when teams stack the box. Goff is what I expected at this point. The game isn't too big for him but he's got some learning to do. Keenum is starter for now. We'll see what the next two weeks shows us.

Ram65

Legend
The run game looked GREAT. And, they looked pretty good running against Dallas. Benny looks a lot quicker, and the run blocking looks like a Jeff Fisher team.

It has looked great and it will open up the passing game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
RB Coach Skip Peete has done a nice job coming in as a new assistant coach with the running backs also agree on the offensive line and Cody Wichmann doing a nice job at LG and Saffold does look reborn, so I too wonder what will happen with the return of Havenstein.

Bruce2980

Starter
Running the ball against the nickel defense was huge last night, just put in three wide outs, hell they don't even have to catch the ball. It's hard stack the box against a three receiver set. Just run it, let Gurley and company do the shredding.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
No doubt this year Benny looks a little lighter but also stronger and faster. Maybe he changed up his off-season training regime? It appears he's taken his game to the next level.

Go figure in his contract year, like most of these players he puts in the $money$ dedication for a big payday.. The Rams are fortunate to have him behind Gurley.. Fisher ball in full force this year

The 2016 Version of Benny Cunningham would've taken this run to the house!

Cunningham1.gif

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams have depth at RB for sure. Benny and Brown both looked good.
I have been as hard of Brown at G as anyone. I will give him credit vs KC. He did some good work in the run game. They ran to the right side quite a bit and had success. He got some drive in the run game and was consistany good in the run game.
He still gives up quick pressure in the pass game, cement feet in the pass game at times. Has to be better there.
It's not arm talent or physical skill that has Keenum well ahead of Goff at this point. Goff is lookin like a fumble. Two fumbles caused by himself in his first 4 pass attempts, his drop from under center is still clunky and slow....that ok, he will get there.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It would be nice to have Havenstein back

I too wonder what will happen with the return of Havenstein.
Great problem to have....but what do you do when Havenstein's ready? Do you change what looks to be working? Putting a better pass blocker back in at offensive guard....Which guard do you bench? Wichman has looked good to me...Brown hasn't looked bad when run blocking either...

On the Benny front, if anyone has seen Benny's tapes from Middle Tenn. he was this explosive b4 a devastating patella knee injury...he's all the way back, running to daylight....easy 4.4 speed too.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Yeah, I think this is going to be a power, run first team. The last 13 win season he had in Tennessee he had Kerry Collins throwing for 12 TD's and only 7 INT's. But he had Chris Johnson and Lindale White combining for 25 rushing TD's.

We still need a stout defense and passing game that can take advantage when teams stack the box. Goff is what I expected at this point. The game isn't too big for him but he's got some learning to do. Keenum is starter for now. We'll see what the next two weeks shows us.
If this is Fisher's goal, then there was no need to trade away all of the picks. For this type of offense, you could be okay with Keenum.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
On the Benny front, if anyone has seen Benny's tapes from Middle Tenn. he was this explosive b4 a devastating patella knee injury...he's all the way back, running to daylight....easy 4.4 speed too.

You know sometimes teams out think themselves, Patriots had Cunningham and was very close to signing him to an offer sheet,but then chose not to, Rams most likely would've matched, but now with Mason out of the picture the Rams need to lock Benny up.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If this is Fisher's goal, then there was no need to trade away all of the picks. For this type of offense, you could be okay with Keenum.

However, maybe Fisher wanted to take this offense to another level and that is why they drafted Goff...Keenum should be better at this stage and it is the offense that has looked just fine in preseason to this point.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
However, maybe Fisher wanted to take this offense to another level and that is why they drafted Goff...Keenum should be better at this stage and it is the offense that has looked just fine in preseason to this point.
I agree.
With JG, we now will always have the deep ball threat, something we haven't had in a long long time and that's going to be the two headed monster, with the three headed monster being the gun shot slinging quick short passes in about 1 second from Goff to Spruce or (pick your poison). Gone are to 3rd and 9 handoff plays with the opposition stacking 11 on the line and we having to punt because we had no other option or creativity than automatic predictable handoffs on 90% of the plays. If we can get the secondary together, we might be the dark horse nobody saw coming.