Rams check in at No. 21 in post-draft ESPN Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams check in at No. 21 in post-draft Power Rankings
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...heck-in-at-no-21-in-post-draft-power-rankings

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- With the 2015 NFL draft in the books, team rosters for the upcoming season have gained more clarity.

Sure, rookie free agents will rise and veteran free agents will find landing spots, but for the most part, what you see is what you're going to get this year. So even though we haven't seen how those rosters manifest into teams, now seems like as good a time as any to do some pre-draft Power Rankings.

Our ESPN voting panel unveiled the post-draft Power Rankings on Tuesday, and the St. Louis Rams came in at No. 21 on the list. As you'd expect, the top names on the list were many of the teams that finished the 2014 season near the top of the charts.

NFC West division rivals Seattle and Arizona came in at Nos. 1 and 8, respectively, and the San Francisco 49ers were just ahead of the Rams at No. 20. While the Rams have undergone an offensive makeover this season, adding a potential star running back and four new offensive linemen in the draft as well as two new quarterbacks, including starter Nick Foles, via trade, there are still many questions that they have to answer.

From a defensive perspective, there's little doubt the Rams have the potential to be among the best teams in the league, but until the offense proves itself, it's hard to see them being too much higher in these rankings.

For what it's worth, I had the Rams at No. 19 with my vote, ahead of both San Francisco and New Orleans. The Niners and Saints both seem like teams heading in the wrong direction, and while I'm not sure the Rams are on the express train to the postseason or anything, they do look like they could be better in 2015 than they were in 2014.

Of course, much like post-draft grades, these Power Rankings don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. As always, it's what happens on the field that matters, and we won't get to gauge that until September.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Behind the Whiners? These guys have been drinking liquid mercury again, haven't they?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Behind the Whiners? These guys have been drinking liquid mercury again, haven't they?
Not having a sexy draft makes people stupid, and outside of Gurley none of the kids we've picked up are wetting anybody's whistles.

Just another product of the heavily Hollywoodized NFL.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Of course, much like post-draft grades, these Power Rankings don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. As always, it's what happens on the field that matters, and we won't get to gauge that until September.

jap

Legend
Not having a sexy draft makes people stupid, and outside of Gurley none of the kids we've picked up are wetting anybody's whistles.

Just another product of the heavily Hollywoodized NFL.

They will be wetting their undies with offensively odorous brown paraphernalia when our Battering Ram OL comes together and starts blowing people off the ball.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So it's pretty much the same rankings as end of season, with a little draft blurb for each team.

Great insight, BSPN. Wonder how much they got paid for it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We're finally as good as the whiners.
I knew it would happen.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
21 is fine with me let teams underestimate us and get a beat down (I'm looking at you Den) besides flying under the radar for a while to start the year will help the team more Imo.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This 21st place ranking defies common sense.

We finished '15 with a 6-10 record and drafted 10th. Essentially a 21st place finish, more or less. Without a starting quality QB all year! And OL injuries that turned it into a sieve. Not to mention losing the emerging Quick early in game seven.

Adding Foles, alone, should raise us to 15th place. Then add Gurley, 4 new OL rookies compete to replace Wells and Joseph, Reynolds, and a returning healthy Quick to that O.

Plus Fairley and Ayers to that already top 5 D in the second half of last year's season...

Geez. I'm thinking top 10-12 would be a whole lot more realistic.

But, as usual, the pundits are always behind the curve in these matters.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd put us up around 12-14, but I don't get paid for my opinion so it's not worth spit!

lockdnram21

Legend
But getting a healthy Foles that has a winning record should count for something since you can't really call Bradford losing a starter since he Hasn't started in almost 2 seasons

lockdnram21

Legend
But Bradford isn't healthy he's still Rehabilitating his knee. Foles said he's 100%. Never said Gurley was healthy we still have Mason which I think is still going to be a really good back. Especially If our line is improved.

RamWoodie

Legend
I really don't care about this "ranking". I like what the Rams did in this draft...and time will tell.