Rams chat with Jim Thomas: 6/2/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Both these answers come from a "TRUE" Rams Fan!!

You get that "fan" and "reporter" have different meanings right? Otherwise you must have thought those reporters on the Nepal earthquake with thousands dead were real assholes :unsure:.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Yet the Redskins have 4 nationally televised and 3 prime time games. The Giants have 4 prime time games with the same record for 2 years as us. Hell even the Bills who haven't been to the playoffs in 16 years get 2. Schedule makers hate the Rams this year.

I don't want to side with the scheduler's here - but there is also an element of the fact that the Prime Time games we got were real bad boring games. That snorefest against Arizona was awful to watch.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I don't want to side with the scheduler's here - but there is also an element of the fact that the Prime Time games we got were real bad boring games. That snorefest against Arizona was awful to watch.

Most of TNF was crap, at least ours awful game was close :(

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You get that "fan" and "reporter" have different meanings right? Otherwise you must have thought those reporters on the Nepal earthquake with thousands dead were real assholes :unsure:.
You get that ,that is a ridiculous comparison right? In Nepal their supposed to be reporting an event. Sports Reporters are, supposedly, giving an expert analysis! get it? And I don't want a NONE Ram Fan Reporting on them!

Last edited:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
You get that ,that is a ridiculous comparison right? In Nepal their supposed to be reporting an event. Sports Reporters are, supposedly, giving an expert analysis! get it?

To give expert analysis on the Rams you haven't got to be a

"TRUE" Rams Fan

That's what I got from your post, that his opinion is worth less because
a) he didn't predict the Rams to win the division, and he doesn't like the team's owner
b) Those opinions make him less of a fan.

But maybe I just misunderstood, in which case I apologies.

To be honest I don't really care either way and probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed :(.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To give expert analysis on the Rams you haven't got to be a

That's what I got from your post, that his opinion is worth less because
a) he didn't predict the Rams to win the division, and he doesn't like the team's owner
b) Those opinions make him less of a fan.

But maybe I just misunderstood, in which case I apologies.

To be honest I don't really care either way and probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed :(.
You definitely misunderstood me! And I was referring to JT's and Wagoner's reports in general! all is cool!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Agreed! And I could send them a Long List of people I'd recommend!! X, RamzFanz, Allen, CoachO, Stranger, Mr. St. Louis, On and On, and On etc. etc. You Robocop! Any number of members here would be as qualified to do their Job!!
doesnt pay enuf ;)

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think the questions I hate most are the "Hey do you know more about ____ than you're telling us? You don't have to go into detail just wondering"

What a stupid question, even if he didn't, he would say yes because it makes him look legitimate. Then when asked why he doesn't say anything he says he needs to keep sources. I don't really buy that really, his sources know they're talking to someone in the media. While he couldn't give everything away, he could at least say something. If his sources didn't want anything to get out then they wouldn't go to someone in the effing media who's job it is to report those things.

Every week it seems he gets one of those questions and he always says the same thing.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You get that "fan" and "reporter" have different meanings right?

I have three years towards a journalism degree from San Jose State and I know how to spell. Does that qualify me as a sports reporter? No. The real difference between a fan and a legitimate reporter is whether or not they have inside sources they can interview and a way to publish his or her reports.

This is why Jim Thomas came so unglued after the Bradford/Foles trade. He had no idea it was coming and it did great harm to his credibility as a source of Rams information. This is also why he now insists that he has access to former players and that he knows things the rest of us don't know but can't reveal. It's a way to bolster his credibility.

The camp reports and the interviews we get from former players, current players, and Kevin Demoff are hugely interesting to fans because they bridge the gap between fact and opinion.

The internet is the wave of the future. Newspapers, TV, and radio will have to eventually recognize that and make way.

My original plan when starting RRF was that the site would be legitimized to the point where we would have inside access to the team and even the okay to have sideline reporters at the games. That is now my hope for ROD.

This is one reason why we clamp down on unfair criticism of players, coaches, front office staff and the owner. ROD will never be taken seriously by those folks if we treat them unfairly.