Rams chat with Jim Thomas: 10/14/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Selected comments by Jim Thomas from his latest chat. To read the entire chat click the link below:

http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Rams_chat_with_Jim_Thomas_59?Page=0

Fire them all! But given the Rams recent history of hiring coaches, what makes you think Kroenke would get it right this time?
----------
I'm sure Stacy wasn't at full speed and that probably affected his playing time. I certainly can see a running back by committee going forward. Mason gives the Rams a different look out of the backfield.
---------
Hey, at this point I'd say the problem is the big trifecta _ talent, coaching, scouting.
--------
All Jenkins had to do on the play is make sure Lloyd didn't get behind him. That's what you do with 27 seconds left in the half (when the ball was snapped). Really has nothing to do with off coverage or press coverage.
--------
Dunbar never was a speed demon, but it's clear he was slowed by his groin injury. Ogletree hasn't done much, granted. Laurinaitis isn't the problem.
--------
The Rams have tried one overhaul after another, and none of it seems to be working.
--------
Right now, Cunningham looks like the best option. Maybe Tre Mason will get a chance now that he's on the field.
---------
For much of the early going, Williams wasn't blitzing at all, or rarely blitzing. But when you can't get their with four pass rushers, you've got to try something.
---------
There were a lot of Niners fans in the house. It didn't help that the red seats in the dome made it look like there were even more 49ers fans in the Dome.
----------
Wait a minute. I thought Walton was the worst DC in the history of DCs.
---------
Well, you've got Robinson and Donald in the starting lineup, and now Mason worked into the running back rotation. Trumaine Johnson is still a couple of weeks away from returning, as is Barrett Jones. So I'm not sure what else you do at this point. I mean, right away. It will be interesting what happens with Gaines and/or Joyner once Johnson is back.
---------
When a player keeps repeating the same mistakes, when is enough enough? The Rams reached the "enough" point last week with Ray Ray Armstrong, but you can't cut everybody.
---------
The good teams learn how to overcome bad calls.
---------
How do you let Lloyd get by you? By peeking into he backfield, biting on the double move, and not realizing "there's less than 30 seconds left in the half. The one thing _ the only thing _ I need to do is keep Lloyd in from of me." Hope I've helped.
---------
Part of it is simply that San Francisco is a very good defense, an elite defense, and that unit regrouped in the second half. And when the Rams fell behind by 10 late in the third quarter, they had to become more one-dimensional _ throwing the ball more _ and that played right into the 49ers' hands.
---------
Yeah, it looked like he was being held. And no, there don't seem to be many offensive holding penalties called against the opposing team this season.
----------
I don't think Kroenke would want to eat Fisher's salary.
---------
I don't think it's possible to fire the owner.
----------
I've said this before _ sooner or later you have to start beating the good teams in order to be a good team.
---------
I think he does hold the players accountable. Did you see him chewing out Ethan Westbrooks after that personal foul late in the game. Again, you can't fire the entire squad. Maybe there should've been a defense called with more apparent safety help. But at the end of the day, Jenkins played it wrong.
---------
Yeah, it looked bogus. But game could've been different if Jenkins and Gaines hadn't been beaten by double moves. Game could've been different if Jenkins hadn't strayed from Boldin on the scrambling Kaepernick TD pass. Game could've been different if the Rams had done a better job with blitz pickup. Game could've been different if the Rams would've gotten a couple of sacks.
--------
Good point. Even as bad as things were against San Fran, the Rams still were within 7 points at the end. A lot of it has to do with mental toughness and resiliency. The Rams need to work on closing out games. The 49ers are the perfect of example of how a team can overcome and persevere.
--------
I'm telling you, what we need is an exorcist. Get rid of whatever we sold our souls for last time we foundered for an entire decade. Have another miracle season. Then get a new stadium. And with our luck, build it on an ancient Indian burial ground. Lather, rinse, repeat - by wiley

This could be my favorite post of the day.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It just seems that some of the answers should have a background. Don't know how difficult it is to show both.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It just seems that some of the answers should have a background. Don't know how difficult it is to show both.

It's not difficult, it's time consuming. Plus many of the questions are redundant and at times overly long and poorly worded.

nighttrain

Legend
I'm telling you, what we need is an exorcist. Get rid of whatever we sold our souls for last time we foundered for an entire decade. Have another miracle season. Then get a new stadium. And with our luck, build it on an ancient Indian burial ground. Lather, rinse, repeat - by wiley

Gotta love this post, best of season
train

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotta love this post, best of season
train

Yeah, that was JT's favorite as well.

2v9yf05.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's not difficult, it's time consuming. Plus many of the questions are redundant and at times overly long and poorly worded.
Ah. I haven't read many of those Q&As. I was wondering why most of the time I see them, the Q isn't there. Must be why.