Rams CB David Long Jr. On His Big Game vs. Bears & Evolution Of The Rams’ Defense | Rams Revealed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The fact is teams are going to be picking on Long based on the fact, that Ramsey and Williams are on the outside. That means he is going to have a ton of opportunies to make plays.

I don’t know ? The way the defense looked, it’s more Fuller,RAMsey,Rapp that are being called on to make more plays & tackles.Then again it is all the DB’s having to tackle.
The Rams base defense has changed & I’m not a fan of it as of last week to tell the truth.I liked a lot of the rotations though during the game.I don’t even want to think about some thoughts as well.I will say though it is a 17 game season.
E.Brown I think will continue to get his work in during the week.B.Brown as well so the depth later in the season should be there.
This rookie class I believe add nice depth for the next 3 seasons.I’ll keep it at that. This week is going to suck,because I won’t be able to watch any of it probably?
Jonathan Taylor is sort of my favorite RB from a value stand point from past drafts.Like the way HENDO is running.He has led in his backside that helps gives him added power.Miss Cam Akers,but I think we will see 100 yard games from both players.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I was looking at Long the same way I was looking at Brian Allen, so it was a nice surprise to me. Especially since Burgess isn't meeting the lofty expectations we had. Long made some plays and showed some intensity and agression.
Burgess must still be feeling the affects of his injury. Last year he was on the field before Long and was getting an increasing number of snaps. This year nothing. I forget what his injury was. Or maybe Rapp has progressed from last year and is keeping Burgess on the bench. Either way I am suprised by his snap count based off of where he was last year before the injury.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Burgess must still be feeling the affects of his injury. Last year he was on the field before Long and was getting an increasing number of snaps. This year nothing. I forget what his injury was.
That's a good point--maybe Burgess is just on a longer road back to form.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
As far as long. He reminds me of Hill his first couple of years. Hill was always close, but never made a play on the ball. Then last year happened.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Burgess must still be feeling the affects of his injury. Last year he was on the field before Long and was getting an increasing number of snaps. This year nothing. I forget what his injury was. Or maybe Rapp has progressed from last year and is keeping Burgess on the bench. Either way I am suprised by his snap count based off of where he was last year before the injury.
Appears that Terrell Burgess abilities have declined from where he was in 2020 when we last saw him playing before that awful ankle-foot injury. TB has fallen off the Ram defensive player map completely.

Sure that having safeties Jordan Fuller & Taylor Rapp fully healthy this season makes the MIA TB a non-issue at this time. FS Nick Scott was shelved in the preseason due to a knee injury & is still being eased slowly back into snaps in this defense.

DC Morris favors CB D-Long over Burgess as the 3rd corner. Now CB Rochell returning to healt DC Morris has a trending upwards 4th corner to work in so TB coverge skills have not been needed. Looks like TB might be dealing with something not fully operational in ankle-foot.

Positive side safeties JR Reed & JuJu Hughes has very good TC & preseason performances & are trending upward which will certainly help to go into the future in LA secondary. Rams will not lose any of their safeties to free agency in March. Its that certain loss of starting corner Darious Williams thats lurking out there in March 2022.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Appears that Terrell Burgess abilities have declined from where he was in 2020 when we last saw him playing before that awful ankle-foot injury. TB has fallen off the Ram defensive player map completely.

Sure that having safeties Jordan Fuller & Taylor Rapp fully healthy this season makes the MIA TB a non-issue at this time. FS Nick Scott was shelved in the preseason due to a knee injury & is still being eased slowly back into snaps in this defense.

DC Morris favors CB D-Long over Burgess as the 3rd corner. Now CB Rochell returning to healt DC Morris has a trending upwards 4th corner to work in so TB coverge skills have not been needed. Looks like TB might be dealing with something not fully operational in ankle-foot.

Positive side safeties JR Reed & JuJu Hughes has very good TC & preseason performances & are trending upward which will certainly help to go into the future in LA secondary. Rams will not lose any of their safeties to free agency in March. Its that certain loss of starting corner Darious Williams thats lurking out there in March 2022.
Burgees was taking over for Taylor Rapp if I recall right.It was the Bears game he got hurt.Nick Scott getting hurt during training camp really hurt more imo.He was really starting to come along nicely.
Jalen RAMsey is taking more snaps away from TB more than any player.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That's a good point--maybe Burgess is just on a longer road back to form.
Did anyone notice that for the 2nd game in a row David Long was not on the field in the 4th quarter? Not sure when Long departed the field & why.

Once again CB Rochell took over from David Long in the 2nd half as the 3rd corner & played well. Rochell is trending up inch by inch on his snaps with the defense.

Safety Nick Scott remains the 3rd safety who played in most all ST snaps & got 13 snaps with the defense.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I always wonder how they assign points to defenders in zone when they don’t know the call or any of the defender’s responsibilities…

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Did anyone notice that for the 2nd game in a row David Long was not on the field in the 4th quarter? Not sure when Long departed the field & why.

Once again CB Rochell took over from David Long in the 2nd half as the 3rd corner & played well. Rochell is trending up inch by inch on his snaps with the defense.

Safety Nick Scott remains the 3rd safety who played in most all ST snaps & got 13 snaps with the defense.

Good call! Ernest Brown will be activated for Sunday as well as OBO.
T. Lewis will help as well to make up the lose of Hollins.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Good call! Ernest Brown will be activated for Sunday as well as OBO.
T. Lewis will help as well to make up the lose of Hollins.
Not sure why the Rams will need a DL'er to be called up from the practice squad? Coach Henderson has 7 on the active MR53 one more than he carried there last season. Unless Morris is planning to go with a HD 4 player DL for this upcoming game but that just does not have a good feel to it with this being a big enter divisional game that has yet to be defeated.

Aaron Donald
A'Shawn Robinson
Sebastian Joesph -Day
Greg Gaines
Bobby Brown
Mike Hoecht
Jonah Williams

Appears to me that it my be a good time to get youngster Bobby Brown about a dozen snaps with the defense. Permitting Donald to flip back & forth from the edges where the Rams have big issues. Rams certainly do not have any problems in the interior with a massive amount of beef in Gaines/ Robinson/ SJ-D / Hoecht & Brown to completely shut down the Cards running game.

Keeping Murray in the pocket trying to make throws over those monsters would be the idea.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure why the Rams will need a DL'er to be called up from the practice squad? Coach Henderson has 7 on the active MR53 one more than he carried there last season. Unless Morris is planning to go with a HD 4 player DL for this upcoming game but that just does not have a good feel to it with this being a big enter divisional game that has yet to be defeated.

Aaron Donald
A'Shawn Robinson
Sebastian Joesph -Day
Greg Gaines
Bobby Brown
Mike Hoecht
Jonah Williams

Appears to me that it my be a good time to get youngster Bobby Brown about a dozen snaps with the defense. Permitting Donald to flip back & forth from the edges where the Rams have big issues. Rams certainly do not have any problems in the interior with a massive amount of beef in Gaines/ Robinson/ SJ-D / Hoecht & Brown to completely shut down the Cards running game.

Keeping Murray in the pocket trying to make throws over those monsters would be the idea.

Bonif’d I listened to 2 press conferences one of each coach.
Mcvay seemed to not know much about Jones & was in contact with
A Rams position coach ? Which one ?

Then Morris talked about Ernest Brown holding an edge.So maybe the game plan is keep (QB Murray)him in the pocket.Making him more of a passer ?