Rams can keep Rams Park for $1.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
Nobody is saying St Louis is full of stupid people quit reading into statements things that aren't there. What everybody is saying, including some in St Louis, is that the 5,10 or 20 whatever it was, people that negotiated this deal on behalf of St Louis were stupid. That doesn't mean that everybody is stupid just the ones involved in this negotiation. If somebody pointed out a contract in LA, Miami or Kalamzoo we'd say the same damned thing about it. You're hyper sensitive about it and trying to create drama that isn't there.
no im not, im just tired of hearing how stupid St Louis is in some peoples minds.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@Corbin and @tonyl711 It ends now - mkay.

While I agree that it is time to move on and hope people can get over it, I'm not going to let this tit for tat bullshit go on.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
no im not, im just tired of hearing how stupid St Louis is in some peoples minds.
Don't take it personal, Tony. It's not a reflection of the populous of the City when someone says "St Louis" is stupid in this context. They're really only talking about the negotiating team that negotiated out of a position of weakness in the first place. It's easier than searching for, and naming, every single person involved in that situation. Plus, you're in a place that really won't tolerate posters defaming the residents of the city (either city). These mods really work hard to keep that shit off the board.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't take it personal, Tony. It's not a reflection of the populous of the City when someone says "St Louis" is stupid in this context. They're really only talking about the negotiating team that negotiated out of a position of weakness in the first place. It's easier than searching for, and naming, every single person involved in that situation.

I'm not even sure if they were stupid so much as figuring that if they did what was necessary to get a team, it was on the subsequent politicians to keep it. Short sighted in some ways, of course. But it was going to take a very generous offer to get Frontiere to move the team and give up the LA territory, which obviously is many times bigger than St Louis. And not just a short term offer - she wanted to leave her kids in a great position too - so the clauses were negotiated to ensure that if the stadium wasn't kept top tier they could leave. Without that the Rams don't move to St Louis. I don't think either side anticipated just how quickly stadium standards would shoot upwards.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not even sure if they were stupid so much as figuring that if they did what was necessary to get a team, it was on the subsequent politicians to keep it. Short sighted in some ways, of course. But it was going to take a very generous offer to get Frontiere to move the team and give up the LA territory, which obviously is many times bigger than St Louis. And not just a short term offer - she wanted to leave her kids in a great position too - so the clauses were negotiated to ensure that if the stadium wasn't kept top tier they could leave. Without that the Rams don't move to St Louis. I don't think either side anticipated just how quickly stadium standards would shoot upwards.
Well put man.