Rams Camp Report: Day 16/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Camp Report: Day 16
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/10696/rams-camp-report-day-16

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of St. Louis Rams training camp:

We can get to some of the happenings on the field in Tuesday's practice in a moment but the most important thing to take away from this workout wasn't so much what happened as who was participating. Coach Jeff Fisher alluded to the possibility of key starters Jake Long, Michael Brockers, James Laurinaitis and Rodger Saffold returning this week and all four took a step in that direction to varying degrees. As has been the case recently, Long was the most active of the group as he went through a full practice. All signs point to him playing against the Browns. Brockers was next in line, participating in his share of team drills as he comes off an ankle injury. He took most of the reps in his usual spot with the first team. Saffold did individual work but no team as the Rams bring him along slowly. But he said after practice that he's doing well and the team is simply being cautious. Laurinaitis did some running on the side and Fisher said he hasn't been ruled out for this weekend yet. We'll see where Brockers, Saffold and Laurinaitis are later in the week but there's at least a chance that all four could return. Also, cornerback Janoris Jenkins was back at full speed. He actually returned in practice last week but the Rams didn't want to have him play a game just a couple days after coming back to practice.

Amongst those sitting out Tuesday: linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar, cornerbacks Brandon McGee, E.J. Gaines and Darren Woodard (who did some side work), end Sammy Brown, defensive tackle Matt Conrath, offensive lineman Mike Person, center Demetrius Rhaney and offensive lineman Barrett Jones.

On the field, it was one of the hottest days of camp, perhaps the hottest and the workout was a bit sluggish. The offensive line, in particular, had its share of struggles. If you're looking for an individual standout, here's one from off the radar: cornerback Jarrid Bryant. With a trio of corners on the sideline during practice, Bryant took advantage of his opportunities. The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Bryant had one sequence in which he came up with two interceptions and a pass breakup in a span of about six or seven plays.

Isiah Robertson, one of the Rams' greatest linebackers and a six time Pro Bowler, took in Tuesday's practice.

The Rams have their final open practice of the preseason Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. ET. That coincides with the official end of the training camp portion of the preseason.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sit Brockers and JL another week

No need to rush ankle injuries. None.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Practice Recap: Vets Return to Work

By Kevin Orris

St.LouisRams.com

The Rams battled the heat in their second-to-last practice of training camp in Earth City this afternoon.

Today’s session was highlighted by the return of veterans Janoris Jenkins, Michael Brockers and Rodger Saffold.

“[Brockers] came back, finished up and was good,” Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said. “Rodger got involved in a little of the individual stuff, which was good. Janoris [returned] as we expected.”

After missing nearly all of the contact portion of camp, Saffold couldn’t be more excited to return to action.

“I’m probably the only person here who hasn’t hit another person off this team, so I’m just itching,” Saffold said.

Though James Laurinaitis did not practice, he did light workouts on the side.

“We’ve not ruled him out for this week’s game,” Fisher said of Laurinaitis. “He’s turned a corner and he was moving pretty well.”

LEFTOVERS

- Saffold’s status for Saturday night’s game in Cleveland is to be determined, but he is excited about the potentially opportunity to play against his hometown team.

“I grew up loving the Browns, but you know now it’s time to work against them,” Saffold said. “I know some guys on the other side, so it should be a fun time.”

- Undrafted free agent defensive back Jarrid Bryant impressed during today’s practice with two interceptions.

“There are some guys who are down right now, so I’m getting my opportunity,” Bryant said. “I’m trying to make the most of it. Today was a good day. I’m just trying to hang around as long as I can and do my part."

- Even with Jake Long expected to return this week, Fisher plans to give Greg Robinson more game reps at left tackle.

“It’s a good possibility that Jake plays this week,” Fisher said. “He’ll go to guard when Jake’s in the game. When Jake comes out, we’ll still continue to work him at tackle.”

- Former Los Angeles Rams linebacker and six-time Pro Bowler Isiah Robertson watched practice from the sidelines today.

“It was an honor to have him in the building and out to practice for a couple of days,” Fisher commented.