Rams call up Trey Watts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/23/rams-call-up-trey-watts/

Rams call up Trey Watts
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc5zmq3mtbimtlmnjzimwvjnme2mwy5zjmwmzzlzdjm-e1445638612489.jpeg
AP

Running back Todd Gurley may not be 100 percent, but with his backup having a 50-percent chance at missing Sunday’s game, the Rams needed help at the position.

As a results, the Rams have elevated running back Trey Watts from the practice squad.

The son of former Oklahoma star (and Congressman) J.C. Watts, Trey Watts appeared in 14 games with the Rams as a rookie. He becomes the fifth running back on the roster, behind Gurley, Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham, and Chase Reynolds.

But Mason has an ankle injury, and the addition of Watts suggests Mason won’t play. Earlier this week, coach Jeff Fisher said he’d like to get Mason more touches; Gurley had 30 carries against the Packers in Week Five.

To make room for Watts, the Rams cut safety Christian Bryant.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah means Mason isn't gonna go.

Glad to get a chance to see Watts though. Will be good to see what he can do with that 5-10 carries he'll get.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yeah means Mason isn't gonna go.

Glad to get a chance to see Watts though. Will be good to see what he can do with that 5-10 carries he'll get.

I seriously doubt he gets anything. Mason got nothing really as the main backup and Benny didn't get much either. If anything, he may get 2-3 touches.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shit. Hope Bryant makes it to the practice squad. I really like the kid.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hate to see Christian Bryant get cut. I liked his potential coming out of college but I trust fisher when it comes to DB's.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh snap! I didn't realize he was J. C.'s son, like the kid even more. Met J. C. once and he was a great guy.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
HARD Decisions. Rams waited as long as they could to cut Bryant. Scared he will get claimed by NE or 49ers.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah, the timing pretty clearly is that Mason's ankle isn't healing as fast as they'd like, and as a team that wants to run the ball they need a full complement of RBs.