Rams call up LTP

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Oh yeah!!!!!

ekHkCrB.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wonder if he gets any playing time this season. If so, hopefully it is because they want to get a better look at him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You down with LTP?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes. Yes, I am. You know me.
Aw, so close. I thought you were gonna say, "Why yes. Yes I am. You're familiar with my work."

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Nice! I really like his play. Was really not wanting to cut him from the roster in the preseason, but we were stacked. I think he'll get playing time AND impress us all even more.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Can he play end at all or is he solely a DT? Between him and Westbrooks the FO has found some nice DL depth after the drafts lately.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can he play end at all or is he solely a DT? Between him and Westbrooks the FO has found some nice DL depth after the drafts lately.

He's a DT. But this helps Westbrooks since he's a DE that's had to play DT for us at times this year.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
He's a DT. But this helps Westbrooks since he's a DE that's had to play DT for us at times this year.
Thanks. Westbrooks confuses me a bit... he's played pretty well as a disruptive part-time DT. Do they see him as a DE for the long haul, or are they actively trying to convert him? 270 is pretty light for inside work.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks. Westbrooks confuses me a bit... he's played pretty well as a disruptive part-time DT. Do they see him as a DE for the long haul, or are they actively trying to convert him? 270 is pretty light for inside work.

He should be a LDE moving forward. We just didn't have anyone behind Donald, Brockers, and Fairley.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Jrry could be right. Slip Westbrooks to DE. So, he takes Westbrooks snaps inside.

Westbrooks takes snaps from Long, Hayes, Simms.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Keeping Westbrooks away from the T position and outside where he excels, suits me just fine.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry could be right. Slip Westbrooks to DE. So, he takes Westbrooks snaps inside.

Westbrooks takes snaps from Long, Hayes, Simms.

Yep, that would be nice. Especially Sims and Longacre. I know some here like Longacre but it's hard for me to ignore how little pressure Sims and him have generated since Quinn went down and how often we're getting gashed by off-tackle runs to that side of the field.

Rainram

Starter
Yep, that would be nice. Especially Sims and Longacre. I know some here like Longacre but it's hard for me to ignore how little pressure Sims and him have generated since Quinn went down and how often we're getting gashed by off-tackle runs to that side of the field.

I agree with your assessment of the lack of pressure from our ends in Quinn's absence...it's hurt the D and slowed some things down for the D overall.

In the run game...there have been some successes against our D, but overall, they clean it up (thank you Barron!).

I gotta think part of the move is Waufle wanting to make some changes and wanting to see LTP and maybe look at making some adjustments to ow the ends are playing and the personnel is utilized. It's a good move I think.

(If only Boudreau could get the same effectiveness out of our OLine)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with your assessment of the lack of pressure from our ends in Quinn's absence...it's hurt the D and slowed some things down for the D overall.

In the run game...there have been some successes against our D, but overall, they clean it up (thank you Barron!).

I gotta think part of the move is Waufle wanting to make some changes and wanting to see LTP and maybe look at making some adjustments to ow the ends are playing and the personnel is utilized. It's a good move I think.

(If only Boudreau could get the same effectiveness out of our OLine)

I know Boudreau is a popular target but I think the OL would be a very different unit if Jamon Brown were healthy (and Havenstein were healthy). Yes, Greg has had his inconsistencies but he's looked good when Reynolds was next to him and that continuity would have helped him imo. It's tough to expect the OL to perform up to potential when we've been starting our 3rd, 4th, and 5th string OGs for much of the year and have had our best OL (Havenstein) miss a number of games.

Injuries hit us hard.

We knew there would be growing pains but look at how they run block when Havenstein is at RT and Reynolds is at LG. Just a completely different unit. Think if we had gotten to see our guys remain healthy and develop over the season, they'd be looking a lot better now. GR would still have his issues but the OL tends to be the sum of its parts so the issues wouldn't be as noticeable with the rest of the OL playing well and in sync and us being able to help GR out.

I truly believe that if we add an OG this off-season to replace Saffold, we can have a serviceable OL. And if we replace Barnes with an upgrade, we might have ourselves a quality OL.