Rams Bring Back Tyrunn Walker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wasn't he under investigation for rape? What happened with that?

He was fully cleared of any wrong doing. I guess he slipped her a couple grand, to get her to forget about the other thing he slipped her.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
He was fully cleared of any wrong doing. I guess he slipped her a couple grand, to get her to forget about the other thing he slipped her.

Is the whole point of roophies not that you forget?

Zero

Pro Bowler
Rams bring back Tyrunn Walker
Posted by Josh Alper on August 23, 2017, 5:08 PM EDT
4924731001-e1503522476457.jpg

Getty Images

The Rams released defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker in June just before it became public knowledge that Walker was under investigation for sexual assault, but there apparently weren’t any bridges burned by that move.

A grand jury in Louisiana declined to indict Walker on any criminal charges earlier this month and he’s found his way back to Los Angeles. The Rams announced on Wednesday that they have signed Walker and waived defensive tackle A.J. Jefferson.

Walker originally signed with the Rams in March after playing the last two years for the Lions. He made 12 starts in 19 appearances with Detroit, picking up 35 tackles, and had 3.5 sacks over three years with the Saints to open his career.

Walker was originally signed to provide the Rams with depth behind Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. They hope he’ll fill the same role now, although they’ll need Donald to report to work in order for that to happen.

Share this:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
DL Tyrunn WALKER 6'3 294 lbs (AGE 27)
walker-thumb-100615.jpg

(Career Saints-Lions) Tackles 63) Solo 38) Sacks 3.5) FF 1
2016 Stats Tackles 26) Solo 15) Sacks 0) FF 0) Fum Rec 1
2016 Total Snaps 353

Jun 22, 2017: The Los Angeles Rams released veteran defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker on Thursday amid reports that he has been accused of sexual assault in Lafayette, Louisiana.

No charges have been filed against Walker.

The Rams do not publicly comment on players they release, but a source told ESPN's Alden Gonzalez that Walker was let go largely because they did not see a place for him on their roster.

According to a report by the Baton Rouge Advocate, Lafayette authorities are wrapping up an investigation into claims of sexual assault lodged by two women against Walker and an acquaintance on the night of Feb. 28.

Lafayette Parish District Attorney Keith Stutes told The Advocate that detectives forwarded their investigative findings to his office June 15. He said, "It's presently being reviewed," and it is too soon to say whether he will present the evidence to a grand jury. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tyrunn-walker-amid-sexual-assault-accusations

Andrew Kelly
Cover32

Aug 23, 2017: 7:23 PM The Rams have signed defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker.
Walker was cut by the Rams in June because he was under criminal investigation.

Walker was cleared of all wrong doing and the Rams felt comfortable having Walker return. Clearly this is a big signing, as the Rams are lacking depth on the defensive line given the holdout of star Aaron Donald. Walker has the opportunity to make a big contribution, and to do it quickly.

This will be Walker’s sixth NFL season. He spent his first three with the New Orleans Saints where he recorded respectable numbers. He was with the Detroit Lions the past two years, starting eight games last season.

Undoubtedly, this shows that Walker has the ability to contribute at a high level in the NFL.

Walker’s role with the Rams will likely become clear quickly, as they are in need of depth up front. Walker will play a big part in the defensive line rotation, in both the run and pass games.

He can be quickly brought up to speed by defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. Walker may not get preseason work, but he should be ready to contribute by the start of the regular season.

Roster Ramifications: The addition of Walker alters the orientation of the projected 53-man roster that existed just a few days ago, even a few hours ago. In my projected 53-man roster I had Mike Purcell landing a spot. Purcell’s spot will be gone to Walker, if my previous projection was correct.

Signings in the NFL this late in the offseason always have large roster effects, Purcell’s entire approach may now change, instead of securing a roster spot with the Rams, he might be trying to but good plays on film for other teams to pick him up off waivers. That is the harsh reality of the NFL. Tyrunn Walker has shaken things up with the Rams.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-sign-defensive-tackle-tyrunn-232331083.html

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
According to reports that I read, the two girls at a bar conspired to get some money off of Tyrunn Walker and his friend after finding out he was an NFL player.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams covering their azz at DT if AD doesn't come in.
The show must go on!
Looks like the AD hold out has some ramifications after all. o_OYou can bet AD has kept Coach Wade & Johnson up @ night with concerns. If I were these two coaches I would be seriously ticked off with this AD hold out & the Unknowns & other related issues AD holdout causes behind the scene:seizure:, that most fans here have no ideal. Might end up taking its toll with both veteran coaches looking forward to their 2018 retirements.

The addition of a 6-3 310 Veteran DL'er has returned! With the possibility of loosing two of the Rams best young veteran 3 tech DL'ers (Easley/Donald) for the season...this could soften this Defensive blow. Tyrunn Walker has had injury issues himself. Its apparent that DL coach Bill Johnson must really have liked TW play when they were together in New Orleans 2012/2013& 2014 seasons. Veteran Versatility reserve to work hard in the rotation comes to mind.

It appears that Westbrooks & Brockers are highly probable starters with Rookie Smart & LTP involved heavy in the AD post. DE Morgan Fox & NT Mike Purcell would round out the top 6 DL'ers as I see it. Walker looks to lurk just outside that cadre. TW has 13 starts & has played in 42 NFL games.

One might conclude that DL coach has serious concerns with the experience level of his probable DL unit:
NT- Brockers 74 starts out 75 NFL gms (only 1 serious NFL vet)
NT- Purcell 8 starts out of 25 NFL gms
DE- Westbrooks 2 starts out of 35 NFL gms
DE-Smart Zero
DE-Fox Zero
DE-LTP Zero

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well, besides Purcell, who did we have to back up Brockers? Only Smart has looked effective at NG. And Purcell...but that was against 3rd stringers.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, besides Purcell, who did we have to back up Brockers? Only Smart has looked effective at NG. And Purcell...but that was against 3rd stringers.

Well, I actually had Omarius Bryant ahead of Purcell on my own depth chart, although he may be used more as a DE if he can make the squad, but i'm now guessing Walker may jump ahead of them both behind Brockers. jmo.

Last edited: