Rams’ Bradford brings low-key attitude

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
257ecccf7ad545b080a7e5a.png

BY: JAY SKURSKI / NEWS SPORTS REPORTER
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 09243/1004

As far as No. 1 overall draft picks go, St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford is about as inconspicuous as they come.

“That’s kind of my attitude toward everything. I try to stay as low-key as possible. My goal here is just to come to work every day, get better and help our team win football games,” he said. “We’re trying to build this thing going forward and I think this organization and this team is definitely going in the right direction now.”

Bradford’s in his third season out of Oklahoma. He’s on his third different offensive coordinator in that time, with Brian Schottenheimer in his first season with the Rams.

“Obviously, ideally, I’d be going into my third year in the same offense, but that hasn’t been the case around here. It’s the third one, but I feel like each week I get more comfortable in Schotty’s offense,” Bradford said.

“I really feel like actually having learned two prior offenses, that helps, too, in the fact that maybe I’ve done something similar. I may have run a play that’s very similar to something that Schotty puts in that’s new. So I might have some experience with it even though it’s not the exact same.”

Bradford ranks 22nd in the NFL with an 83.8 passer rating. He’s completing 60.8 percent of his passes for 2,668 yards, 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

His numbers across the board are very comparable to Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

At 6-foot-4 and 224 pounds, Bradford has prototypical size and strength for the position.

“He’s improved this year. They started off really rough and as time has gone on I see him getting better and better, more comfortable with the offense and better with the reads,” Bills coach Chan Gailey said. “They take six or seven shots down the field every game and hit a few more it seems like each game. I think he’s becoming a better quarterback.”