Rams' biggest key to success/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams' biggest key to success
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/9110/rams-biggest-key-to-success

Since the arrival of coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead in 2012, the St. Louis Rams have been headed in an obvious direction. The goal is to build a physical, aggressive team capable of winning games with a power running attack and a stout defense.

While that approach can win championships in the NFL, there's no denying that predicting the long-term success of a franchise is most tied to what that team has at quarterback. For the Rams, what happens at the game's most important position beyond this season is still up in the air. Predicting what happens over the next three seasons is a task made much harder without knowing who will be playing quarterback.

The Rams have committed to Sam Bradford as the starting quarterback for 2014 and he will get his fifth chance to stake his claim to the spot.

Future Power Rankings

Insider's panel of experts ranked every NFL franchise based on its chances to succeed over the course of the 2014, '15 and '16 seasons. Here are the results. Future Power Rankings
In the team's ideal world, Bradford will take what could be a true make-or-break season and excel to the point that he earns himself a lucrative contract extension. St. Louis had interest in signing him to an extension before his 2013 knee injury, but those plans have been put on hold. Bradford has also preferred to wait on any possible extension, choosing to bet on himself as Joe Flacco once did.

If Bradford struggles or suffers another serious injury this season, the Rams will have to begin considering alternatives. They chose to pass on the top quarterbacks in the 2014 draft despite having two first-round picks. Given Fisher's track record of pushing his teams to at least a mediocre record, they may not be in position to choose a replacement.

If that happens, the Rams could find themselves on the other end of a major trade like the one they made with Washington, forced to give up a big package of picks to move up for a franchise quarterback.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Whatever. If you can't win with Bradford, you have other problems.....which the Rams HAVE had. Bradford would start for at least 15 other teams in the league IMO.....

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Whatever. If you can't win with Bradford, you have other problems.....which the Rams HAVE had. Bradford would start for at least 15 other teams in the league IMO.....
Bradford on the market? Fuggetaboutit. Bradford will stay healthy, and he will show the league that he belongs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How about this for a "Biggest Key to Success" Fisher - 'Schotty' - Williams and the rest of the Coaches! If they don't do their Job wright all-else Fails! ( In Fisher & Co. I Trust!!)(y)

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
How about this for a "Biggest Key to Success" Fisher - 'Schotty' - Williams and the rest of the Coaches! If they don't do their Job wright all-else Fails! ( In Fisher & Co. I Trust!!)(y)

I agree with you Dave. We got the players. If Schotty can get creative and develop superior play calling ability, then the Rams will play just fine.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Bradford needs and will show how great he is. I truly believe Bradford is better than most of the starting QBs, I'd rather Bradford than Romo, or Burger Boy. I'd take him over Cutler, Flacco, Dalton, Palmer, Fitz, Crapdick, RGKnee, gay boy Wilson and more.

Not saying he is/will be an elite like the top 5 Qbs, but I don't hesitate to think he can be a top 11 Qb. Optimistic a wii bit? Yeah.
But is that how I truly feel about him? Damn right!

He's had this season to study and study, he also had time to build chemistry and trust. Bradfords been a step ahead compared to our WRs. Helpfully they'll show they've caught up, that way he knows he can get it to them n they'll catch that fckin ball!