Rams Being Shortsighted?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Shortsighted? Rams have been anything but. Other teams signing players to crazy contracts speaks of desperation. Rams aren't desperate. Anyone really think Bradford is worth 20 mil a year? Or Watkins 16 mil? Desperation.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anyone really think Bradford is worth 20 mil a year? Or Watkins 16 mil?
Maybe...

Their play will show if they are indeed worth these costs....

I think Sammy W. will surely show he's worth $16 million a season....I think if Sammy B. can stay healthy....he'll do the same.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think you build through the draft....

With our draft position, we haven't done that as well as necessary the last 5 years...

hence the rash of trades and released players....

I still contend, in this age of media, to miss on the number of 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks should be embarrassing to Snead....
Why?
Check out the Jags....Titans...and the ultimate draft, stay the freak away from FA's team, Green Bay.

Hell yeah it does....it doesn't work if the majority of the players you draft can't play.

Yep....First McVay guys...now, Son of Bum guys...

Let me qualify my statement; building through the draft as the only means to roster development doesn't work. Even the great GM's of late are adding veteran talent to round out the roster and provide solid play and leadership to the young'uns.

Luckily, Snead seems to be doing a better and better job, especially without Fishsticks around.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not worried. Who would be worried with 6 picks in the 6th round?

But seriously, im not worried.
IF we had "6" 5th round picks I wouldn't be worried, But the Rams ONLY have "4" 6th rounder's!!
Maybe we could Trade Tavon to Oakland for a couple of there 6th rounder's!!?!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Shortsighted? Rams have been anything but. Other teams signing players to crazy contracts speaks of desperation. Rams aren't desperate. Anyone really think Bradford is worth 20 mil a year? Or Watkins 16 mil? Desperation.

No. But it speaks to how valuable those skills sets are. Those guys are the top 0.00000001% in terms of athletic ability and mental acuity. Plus GM's (i.e., hiring managers) are by definition conservative. So when / if those guys get injured or flame out the GM's can always say; well he was a 1st round pick so it's not my fault.

It's a CYA approach. Luckily that approach doesn't seem to be in Snead's DNA.