Rams beat SHawks twice and...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
...back then, they said the Rams didn’t beat anyone. Lost to Saints and Bears away and at home v the Eagles who are a game away from the playoffs. Shame... Shame... Shame. Beat: Chiefs, Chargers, Hawks 2X, Vikings, Broncos, and Packers... forgotten.

And yet...when the playoffs begin, the season starts over. Will they see the Cowboys, Seahawks, Vikings, or Bears at home? No gimmees there but are any of them better teams without significant holes?

Conversely, why do most people assume the Rams will travel to NO as though those four teams have no chance against the Saints?

I started a thread HOPING Sean would reveal 12 personnel, defensive gambling aggression, and power v zone runs on offense in the postseason but he declined. Dammit!!!! Oh well, maybe two games of reps with it will be better than the element of surprise. We will see. I suppose it’s best he ensures the Rams get a bye...but only time will tell.

Finally, stopping the run by run blitzes instead of basic technique is a blueprint for bad things as we leaned from the Haslett experience. But Wade has little choice because our linebackers require the assistance.

Bottom line...there is NO dominant team this year. All are flawed. Any Given Sunday (and now Saturday). We still have McVay, Phillips, Kromer, Bones, Donald, Gurley, Goff, Woods, Cooks, Robey-Coleman, Hekker, Zuerlein, Whitworth, Saffold, Havenstein, Blythe, Johnson, Anderson, Talib, Littleton, Everett, Suh, Brockers, Peters, Joyner, Ekuban, Higbee, Fowler, and Reynolds...all of whom are better assets than the personnel they will face more often than not.

Called it last week after two depressing losses and reminding everyone now...Rams will beat the Texans in the Super Bowl. Hold me accountable

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Saints get the refs on their side like they did against Pittsburgh, nobody will beat them.
Seems like the saints have had the refs on their side every time I have watched them this year. Wonder if the NFL knows that Drew is retiring?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I like, or find funny, is that back when we beat the Hawks twice, they said "who have you beaten?" Now, they say what happened earlier in the year with Hawks doesn't count..only the last 6 games...Sorry bastids...lol

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Looking back: beating Seattle twice is more impressive than the Chiefs or Packers put together.
Beating Seattle after the fires and all that crap, too, is very, very impressive.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I may be the only one watching NFL network today.

Narratives that piss me off....

Rams don’t want to se the Seahawks again

Bears can beat the Rams in LA (insinuated)

Neither the Rams nor anyone else can win in NO

Rams will probably lose their first Playoff game

Reggie Bush thinks he still plays for the Saints...fuck Reggie Bush

Reggie Wayne becomes a Patrick Mahomes fan when the Chiefs lose, LOSE to the Rams...

Did I miss anything?

No one backing the Rams...not one.

Let’s see...

Rams have beaten Hags 3 straight games and have bagged Russell more than any other team

The Bears defensive plan won’t work again and Trubisky can’t produce enough offense to out score them.

NO is highly vulnerable and could lose at home to ANY playoff opponent including Minny, Philly or the Hags...and most definitely the team that put 35 on them in their Thunderdome, ha

I suggest that the Rams win out in the Coliseum, straight to Atlanta.

Fuck Reggie Bush, the revoked Heisman cheating POS

And Mahomes and Chiefs are fading.

Good night all!

Go Rams! See you in LA on Sunday because Ramlock is coming to town!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I may be the only one watching NFL network today.

Narratives that tick me off....

Rams don’t want to se the Seahawks again

Bears can beat the Rams in LA (insinuated)

Neither the Rams nor anyone else can win in NO

Rams will probably lose their first Playoff game

Reggie Bush thinks he still plays for the Saints...freak Reggie Bush

Reggie Wayne becomes a Patrick Mahomes fan when the Chiefs lose, LOSE to the Rams...

Did I miss anything?

No one backing the Rams...not one.

Let’s see...

Rams have beaten Hags 3 straight games and have bagged Russell more than any other team

The Bears defensive plan won’t work again and Trubisky can’t produce enough offense to out score them.

NO is highly vulnerable and could lose at home to ANY playoff opponent including Minny, Philly or the Hags...and most definitely the team that put 35 on them in their Thunderdome, ha

I suggest that the Rams win out in the Coliseum, straight to Atlanta.

freak Reggie Bush, the revoked Heisman cheating POS

And Mahomes and Chiefs are fading.

Good night all!

Go Rams! See you in LA on Sunday because Ramlock is coming to town!

I think we're all nervous about the playoffs. We definitely need to lock up our bye week. But it's all ridiculous. I'd happily play Seattle a third time. And here's what the Bears have done on the road:
@ Packers - 23-24 Loss
@ Cardinals - 16 - 14 Win
@ Miami - 28 - 31 Loss
@ Bills - 41 - 9 Win
@ Lions 23 - 16 Win
@ Giants - 27-30 Loss
@ 49ers - 14 - 9 Win

They're a shitty road team. They haven't played a single team with a winning record, yet they have three losses and barely pulled out wins over the 49ers and Cardinals.

Let them doubt us. The one big fear I have is that Minnesota beats Chicago in each of the next two games, and we end up with Dallas. I feel like Dallas is the one team that we don't match up to well stylistically. Hopefully, both Seattle and Minnesota (or Philly) pull off upsets.

dang

Legend
The stink of the Rams struggling for 15 years has been hard for the media to tolerate. They are quick to jump off the bandwagon but who cares. I kind of like the Rams being the underdog as it should serve as motivation. That being said - I hope McVay stumbled onto something offensively in the AZ game: Establish a strong running game early, utilize more 2 TE sets, engage Everett more frequently and re-energize the jet sweeps. If so - we should see a continuation in the 49ers game and then into the playoffs. Something needed to spark this offense so this would be very timely. The 49ers will be motivated for a number of reasons (spoiler, finish strong, rivalry game, revenge from earlier ass kicking, etc.).

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think we beat the Bears in LA and Saints for sure in La.(Louisiana);
Eagles probably; Vikings--it should be a win also; Dallas for sure if Dak is Dak.
and Seattle--if we play like 'men', like the 1986 Rams, we win....if not who knows.
I haven't seen this rams team play tough yet....so, I ain't holding out on anything

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
Reggie Bush thinks he still plays for the Saints...freak Reggie Bush

freak Reggie Bush, the revoked Heisman cheating POS

I too got ill from Reggie Bush's comments! He hates on the Rams every chance he gets! :confused:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The stink of the Rams struggling for 15 years has been hard for the media to tolerate. They are quick to jump off the bandwagon but who cares. I kind of like the Rams being the underdog as it should serve as motivation. That being said - I hope McVay stumbled onto something offensively in the AZ game: Establish a strong running game early, utilize more 2 TE sets, engage Everett more frequently and re-energize the jet sweeps. If so - we should see a continuation in the 49ers game and then into the playoffs. Something needed to spark this offense so this would be very timely. The 49ers will be motivated for a number of reasons (spoiler, finish strong, rivalry game, revenge from earlier ass kicking, etc.).

I think it was the off-peak games that Goff played, as if good QB’s don’t have a soft game from time to time coupled with a poorly called game offensively, that have contributed to the media doubts.

Mc Vay did his job and adjusted to the sets they have been facing, finally.

Back to Goff.

The guy that owned the Vikes, put 35 up on the Saints (the alleged best team in football) and delivered clutch performances against the Chiefs and Seahawks was not exposed by the Bears and Eagles.

The flaws are well known. Nobody ignores the strip sack fumbles that the O Line contributes to or picks thrown.
But he is also the winner we saw earlier that took over games.

That guy is reappearing.

And, the defense seems to be coming together at the right time.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Rams have reason for playoff optimism no matter who they play. Or where.

Wade’s D has improved scoring D since the Talib and Fowler additions.

No reason for Rams to be cocky, mind you, but legit confidence is justified, I think.

There is not one single potential playoff team that appears to be superior to the Rams currently. And that includes the damned Saints.

If the pundits can’t see that, well, that’s their problem.

RamWoodie

Legend
Let's just say every team in the playoffs is a dangerous team!

This is why I want to see the Ram D' begin to ramp it up and play solid D' for 4 qtrs!

I'm not a fan of the bye in the playoffs. Seen to many teams lose after that week off...but seems the Rams will get the bye.