Rams Back On GM Hunt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://ramblinfan.com/2012/01/31/rams-back-on-gm-hunt/

Rams Back On GM Hunt
AUTHOR: Justin Stine

The Rams took a little break from their GM search while they were filling out their coaching staff and planning trips to London, but they got back on the horse Monday. According to reports, the organization interviewed the Jets’ Joey Clinkscales and the Vikings’ George Paton.

We’ve talked about Clinkscales already since he was on the original list, but Paton is a new name. For anyone who doesn’t remember, Clinkscales was the director of college scouting for New York. Paton was the director of player personnel in Minnesota, and his inclusion could be connected to Jeff Fisher. Fisher will reportedly have at least some involvement in who the next GM will be, so don’t be surprised if a couple more new names surface.

Now that the coaching staff has been dealt with, we should all be interested in the GM position. The Rams have been awful in the draft for years, so getting someone to turn tat around is vital to future success. I still like Clinkscales, but it will be interesting to see what role Fisher plays. Whatever happens, I hope they get their guys soon with draft prep already getting going.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's clear that Fisher is gonna have a significant role in final say.

Waiting this long and still looking for a new GM w/ Fisher having say who it'll be???

Kinda obvious, really.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Obvious? Please do tell! :idk:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Ramhusker said:
Obvious? Please do tell! :idk:
Well i think hes saying that Fisher is gonna have Bellichick type control over the rams and a GM is going to have a watered down posistion.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, in that case, we must wish the Rams good luck finding a GM worth a damn. Why not save the money and just hire a "yes man" contract lawyer to shuffle the paperwork?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ramhusker said:
Well, in that case, we must wish the Rams good luck finding a GM worth a damn. Why not save the money and just hire a "yes man" contract lawyer to shuffle the paperwork?

Didn't we have that with Shaw? Oh wait... that was a yes ma'am lawyer. My bad.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well, as far as Fisher having a say in who's hired as the next GM ... I say thank God. He is certainly more qualified to make a good decision on that than Demoff. I hope Fisher, and his incredible football experience,,, become the final decision maker on the Rams when it concerns football.

Let Demoff deal with non-football matters because that is were his expertise is. Having him meddle in football decisions reminds me of The Shaw Dysfunction.

So again , I thrilled if Fisher is the main driving force in the GM hire and draft choices in the future. Don't tell me you'd feel more comfortable with Demoff having a say in those matters.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Selassie I said:
Well, as far as Fisher having a say in who's hired as the next GM ... I say thank God. He is certainly more qualified to make a good decision on that than Demoff. I hope Fisher, and his incredible football experience,,, become the final decision maker on the Rams when it concerns football.

Let Demoff deal with non-football matters because that is were his expertise is. Having him meddle in football decisions reminds me of The Shaw Dysfunction.

So again , I thrilled if Fisher is the main driving force in the GM hire and draft choices in the future. Don't tell me you'd feel more comfortable with Demoff having a say in those matters.
I would agree concerning the hire. I do not believe a HC, with very few exceptions, is qualified to overrule the scouting department and those people who evaluate prospects all year. But I don't think Fisher is all that interested in personnel evaluation so long as he gets the type of players he wants.