Rams await Tre Mason report, expect him for offseason program | Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... on-program

It's been almost a month since Los Angeles Rams running back Tre Mason was subdued with a taser and arrested near his home in Hollywood, Florida. Mason was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana, reckless driving, failure to register a motor vehicle and resisting arrest.

At the time, the Rams issued a statement expressing disappointment in Mason and that that were still working to obtain information on what happened. At last week's NFL owners meetings, Rams coach Jeff Fisher was asked if there was any update on Mason's standing.

Fisher offered at least a small update.

"I can’t really comment on the specifics until we get all the stuff, and we’re working with the league on that," Fisher said. "I’m expecting Tre to be present for the offseason program. I know he was extremely embarrassed as to the incident, but we don’t have the facts yet. We’re still waiting on that. To me, it was a little uncharacteristic of him. And if in fact what was reported is true, then [we’d] be really disappointed in him. But we don’t have the information."

According to the police report, an officer followed Mason after seeing him drive more than twice the speed limit in a 35 mph zone. The officer said Mason drove away from him and stopped only when his car was blocked by another vehicle.

The officer said Mason then refused to give his name or provide his driver's license and that he smelled marijuana in Mason's Porsche. The officer said he told Mason he was under arrest and asked him to get out of the car. The police report goes on to say that Mason refused, tried to "brace himself" inside the car and showed resisted when officers tried to pull him out. Mason was taken into custody and then taken to a local hospital for medical clearance.

The Rams are set to begin their offseason conditioning program on April 18 in Oxnard, California. Mason is entering his third NFL season as a backup to last year's offensive rookie of the year, Todd Gurley.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Has this guy EVER, EVER, EVER had/written an original thought ? EVER? Not a rehash/cut-n-paste of something that the entire NFL world has already read/seen 50 fucking times?
He is without a fucking doubt, without any doubt whatsoever, the worst there is reporting on any team in any sport anywhere.

I'll let y'all know how I really feel in a follow up post.:headexplosion:

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Has this guy EVER, EVER, EVER had/written an original thought ? EVER? Not a rehash/cut-n-paste of something that the entire NFL world has already read/seen 50 freaking times?
He is without a freaking doubt, without any doubt whatsoever, the worst there is reporting on any team in any sport anywhere.

I'll let y'all know how I really feel in a follow up post.:headexplosion:

how do you really feel ? this time dont hold back

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He's struggling like the rest of us. :sneaky:

You are a nice guy. I know that from personal experience, let alone from your posts.

When you look up "Epic Fail", his picture comes up. Struggling? He's not even in the conversation.
Love him or hate him, Bernie was readable. This guy is a hack.
I was hoping with the move he'd be gone.

SHIT!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not a Tre Mason fan, but I sure hope the kid gets help. Not sure what he will bring to the table this season because, IMHO, he was one of the most disappointing players last season. Rams have been able to find some excellent UDRFA's with this regime and maybe they will do that again at Running Back.

My hope is that Mason works this out comes to OTA's and has an excellent off season and sets the world on fire during preseason and then is traded for a conditional draft choice.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Re-sign Cunningham, make Brown the 3rd RB and forget Mason. Knuckleheads are a distraction in the locker room.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This Mason screwup is a bit surprising, when you think about it.

S&F have certainly brought in players that had off field issues in their college pasts. Players or FA's that other teams were kinda afraid to take a chance on.

Jenkins
TruJo
Ogletree
Britt

And nary a whiff of trouble from any of them, other than that curfew violation back in '12 before the Niner game. Running the steps seemed to nip that in the bud. Lol.

BTW, major kudos to La'Roi Glover for excellent background assistance in this area.

Yet here we have a player with no known red flags in Mason embarrassing himself, his team, and the league. I didn't see it coming. Go figure.

Last edited:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Very surprising is right, usually rams players know better than to act like this. But come on guys, he is not that bad of a player. He was injured for a lot of last year and didn't get to get things going , being the 3rd back for most of the year. I think Tre is a great compliment to Gurley, Tre is great at catching the ball and has the speed to make plays. Just last season this guy was running great behind a bad O-line. I think if he is given another chance him and Gurley can compliment each other great.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very surprising is right, usually rams players know better than to act like this. But come on guys, he is not that bad of a player. He was injured for a lot of last year and didn't get to get things going , being the 3rd back for most of the year. I think Tre is a great compliment to Gurley, Tre is great at catching the ball and has the speed to make plays. Just last season this guy was running great behind a bad O-line. I think if he is given another chance him and Gurley can compliment each other great.

I agree they should be very good compliments. Here's hoping he's not off the rails.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This Mason screwup is a bit surprising, when you think about it.

S&F have certainly brought in players that had off field issues in their college pasts. Players or FA's that other teams were kinda afraid to take a chance on.

Jenkins
TruJo
Ogletree
Britt

And nary a whiff of trouble from any of them, other than that curfew violation back in '12 before the Niner game. Running the steps seemed to nip that in the bud. Lol.

BTW, major kudos to La'Roi Glover for excellent background assistance in this area.

Yet here we have a player with no known red flags in Mason embarrassing himself, his team, and the league. I didn't see it coming. Go figure.
I remember last preseason, Mason was talking a lot how he wasn't giving up the #1 RB spot. Meaning, he would play so well that Gurley would be on the bench mostly. We know that didn't happen and no one, except him, expected that to happen. My outsider view was that he couldn't handle the demotion. He played like crap and fumbled at horrific times. Near the end of the year, my gut would clench when he got the ball..somewhat reminiscent of Wendell Tyler back in the day!:puke:

I want Benny, not this clown.