Rams at supplemental draft workout for DL LaKendrick Ross

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like his size. No clue about his play tho

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I struggle to see many people that size actually playing well. Who's been successful over 360#? Kris Jenkins is listed at 360. I can't think of any others.

Haynesworth is listed at 350. BJ Raji in the 320s. Wilfork 325. Shaun Rogers is 350.

I don't see that build translating to an effective NFL athlete.

Wilfork & Raji are WAY bigger than 320's....I'd guess 385+++++:sneaky:

Rambition

Rookie
Josh Gordon was a 2nd round supplemental draft pick. I have no idea who Ross is. I could see us spend a 7th round pick on the dude, but besides that I'll pass on this beluga whale.
belugawhale.jpg

Rambition

Rookie
can only think, as someone else said, they're checking into him out of due diligence.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Four players eligible for supplemental draft
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 9, 2014

unknown1.jpeg

The final list is in, so you can prepare your Mock NFL Supplemental Drafts.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, four players are eligible for the annual exercise in “who the hell is this guy”: New Mexico wide receiver Chase Clayton, North Carolina linebacker Darius Lipford, Virginia-Lynchburg defensive tackle Lakendrick Ross and Southern Methodist running back Traylon Shead.

Every team will have the opportunity to choose those four players. If they use a pick, they lose the corresponding spot in next year’s regular draft.

If you’re looking to win your mock draft pool, the smart money might be to fill in “pass” on every line, and then spend your time doing something more productive with your life.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Nobody was selected in today's Supplemental Draft.

Supplemental draft comes and goes with no selections
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 10, 2014

rogergoodell2014nfldraftxi_dvwmjhocl-e1399644386274.jpg
Getty Images

Just as it did last year, the NFL supplemental draft has yielded a grand total of zero players selected.

The supplemental draft came and went quickly this afternoon, with no players selected.

Four players were eligible to be selected: New Mexico wide receiver Chase Clayton, North Carolina linebacker Darius Lipford, Virginia-Lynchburg defensive tackle Lakendrick Ross and Southern Methodist running back Traylon Shead. None of those players is considered a particularly good prospect, so it’s not surprising that no team was even willing to give up a 2015 seventh-round pick to acquire one of them.

Now Clayton, Lipford, Ross and Shead are all unrestricted free agents and can sign with any team. All four of them have a good shot of at least getting a training camp invitation, but they’ll all be viewed as long shots to make a 53-man roster.

The last time anyone was picked in the supplemental draft was 2012, when the Browns gave up their 2013 second-round pick to acquire Josh Gordon.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Bengals sign mammoth supplemental draft snub
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 21, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpteynwq5zje5ytbiytbiyjjjytk1njcxytfjm2zhyjjj-e1401844260301.jpeg
Getty Images

Nobody wanted to spend a supplemental draft pick on LaKendrick Ross, but the Bengals didn’t wait long to give him a shot.

The Bengals announced Monday they had signed Ross, waiving wide receiver Alex Neutz to clear the roster spot.

The 6-foot-4, 350-pound Ross played one year of college football at Virginia-Lynchburg.

Eleven teams attended his pro day workout prior to the supplemental draft, but he wasn’t chosen.

At a time when rosters are at 90, it’s worth taking a flyer on someone with that kind of size.

Alan

Legend
I wonder if we might take a look at North Carolina linebacker Darius Lipford. Especially with the Dunbar incident. And yes, I realize that could be nothing but still...

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-21_16-20-25.jpeg
    upload_2014-7-21_16-20-25.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 167

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wonder if we might take a look at North Carolina linebacker Darius Lipford. Especially with the Dunbar incident. And yes, I realize that could be nothing but still...

Nah. I don't think that Lipford is nearly as good as Steward or Wilson. I'd rather see one of them make the team.

Alan

Legend
Memento not liking Lipford:
Nah. I don't think that Lipford is nearly as good as Steward or Wilson. I'd rather see one of them make the team.
From your reply, I assume you've seen him play and weren't impressed. I'll take your word for it as I know nothing about him. I was just thinking out loud. :)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
From your reply, I assume you've seen him play and weren't impressed. I'll take your word for it as I know nothing about him. I was just thinking out loud. :)

I've watched a few North Carolina games, and I read into Lipford when he entered the draft. He had a lot of academic suspensions. And he's not a SAM linebacker. What Lipford specializes in is blitzing the quarterback, and when we already have four linebackers who can do that better than Lipford (Ogletree, Laurinaitis, Armstrong, and Steward), it feels a little unnecessary to cut someone in favor of him.