Rams at Ravens PreSeason Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think it comes down to him not wanting to play Whitworth, Saffold, and Sullivan. And he will not put Goff behind those back ups.
Not just that, he didn't want any of his starters getting injured, offensive, or defensive.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I’m of the thinking that you play them for a series or two in at least two of the games. If in the first game they are just clicking, maybe you sit them the rest of pre-season. If however, their timing is off and they don’t seem to be hitting against an actual opposing team, you need to get them ready for the games that count. With only 16 games, they all count. Well... unless you have nothing to gain at the end of the season. I still don’t think sitting the starters was a bad play last season for week 17.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I’m of the thinking that you play them for a series or two in at least two of the games. If in the first game they are just clicking, maybe you sit them the rest of pre-season. If however, their timing is off and they don’t seem to be hitting against an actual opposing team, you need to get them ready for the games that count. With only 16 games, they all count. Well... unless you have nothing to gain at the end of the season. I still don’t think sitting the starters was a bad play last season for week 17.
That was a tough call, and I don't know the answer. I think the coach has the best pulse on the team, whether to play them or not.

Sitting players, is kind of like prevent defense. It can be iffy, but it is also hindsight ripe.

McVay seems to be pretty clear on the protecting players, which seems a little unusual, if only for the fact that he is such a young coach. I think something in your career, probably influences coaches in this area of decision. I've seen it go both ways, but I have no problem with it. I'd be pissed if one of our key players got hurt before the season started, or right before the post season, I know that.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I want to see the starters for one drive in the 3rd game and that's it. These dudes have been playing football their entire lives. They'll be ready week 1.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I kind of worry a bit about fumbling. I remember they used to sit SJ in preseason, then he always had a fumble or two in the 1st few games.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Watched some of this train wreck I recorded... my own highlight, was a punt (probably one of a dozen) later in the 1st quarter...some Raven returner pretty much decided not to go down after about 5 Rams hit him... then on starting to run again - and maybe he was running and maybe he was just exiting the field fast - but there was Hekker for one last shove...!! Hey, if there are no Seahawks around, lay out a Raven. Works for me!! :ROFLMAO: :notsure:

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Would I be completely off base to think that maybe resign the starters serves more than one purpose?

Extremely vanilla scheme + no starters = nothing for the scouts to look at.