Rams at Connor Cooks Pro day.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cook is a pretty big projection still, despite his time in a pro style offense. He reportedly struggled on the chalkboard vs expectations. His mechanics are thought to be the root of his inaccuracies, but that is also a risk with him.

Does he love football? Will he plant that back foot with authority in the face of an NFL rush? I don't know man, the dude scares me. I see him as a very high risk of busting.

He is the hardest QB in this class for me to nail down. I have gone back and forth on him like crazy, so I would not touch the guy in round 1 even after a trade down.

Where will he go? Who knows, given how subjective QBs are. My guess is he goes mid to late round 2.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cook was a 3 year starter, no? Dude won like 30 games with 4 losses over 3 years....no problems with taking him in the 2nd....he's ready to start day one....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If the Rams do not trade up; I wouldn't be surprised if Cook is their target.

Tricky QB class.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Other than his alleged attitude. I know big if, Cook is as pro ready as the big 2 and certainly ahead of the rest of the field. As the draft gets closer I think he rises, just to much upside from a shear football standpoint. I think he is the 3rd best QB prospect even ahead of Lynch. I would take him in the second if he gets there. Watching a lot of film of Cook ,Jones, Hack and even Lynch he is light years ahead

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
He will end up going late in Rd 1. How can Denver pass him up???

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He will end up going late in Rd 1. How can Denver pass him up???
I fear your right! Which is why, IF the Rams don't get one of the top 3 QB's, the will be forced, I'm sorry to say, to Trade back up into the 1st round, spending a lot of Draft capital, to get him!

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
It seems like the Rams like bigger taller guys who played in a pros style offense, so their interest makes sense from that standpoint. Experience in a pro style offense was one of the reasons they took Mannion over Petty and Hundley. Fisher also blamed Foles struggles on inexperience in a pro style system.

Cook isn't as bad as some people say, but he is the same teir as manion, but a year behind in his pro development. I don't think going for a similar tier guy who is a year behind in his pro development helps the Rams. IF they want to upgrade QB and stabilize the position long term they have to go get their guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It seems like the Rams like bigger taller guys who played in a pros style offense, so their interest makes sense from that standpoint. Experience in a pro style offense was one of the reasons they took Mannion over Petty and Hundley. Fisher also blamed Foles struggles on inexperience in a pro style system.

Cook isn't as bad as some people say, but he is the same teir as manion, but a year behind in his pro development. I don't think going for a similar tier guy who is a year behind in his pro development helps the Rams. IF they want to upgrade QB and stabilize the position long term they have to go get their guy.

Well said.

I really liked Petty in that draft. Would have preferred him as our project QB, knowing that he's gonna have to sit and learn, because he was a little more balanced as a prospect. With Hundley I didn't like the way he'd drop his eyes when the rush came in, but even he seemed like a better fit for Fisher than Mannion because of his mobility. Mannion to the Rams was shocking to me at the time.

Is the pro style association that important? Is it because Fish grew tired of everyone on offense struggling to learn after they drafted so many guys on potential? I would love to hear Fish speak on that selection.

Either way, I am not certain that Cook will be ready any sooner than some of these guys who need to learn a pro style offense because of the way his feet disintegrate with a rush. I'm not certain his accuracy can be fixed by the Rams' coaching staff through repairing his footwork either. He is a very risky pick IMO. The more I have nuked these QBs the more negative I have become with him. I've gone from thinking he could be the guy and being ok with it, to being terrified by the possibility. Right now I would take some of the other unheralded types before him. I'd take Prescott before him. Might even take Doughty before him, and while I'm sure some of you find that shocking Doughty is that guy who has grown on me the more I watch of his tape.

Bottom line for me is I pray the Rams move ahead of the whiners and get Goff. It is the best way for them to just get it right once and for all. Waiting is going to introduce greater risk of their guy not being there, along with greater and greater chance of busting on the pick. If they don't go QB early I genuinely hope they take two. I'm serious, that's how much faith I have in this regime to evaluate QBs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What many of us want: trade up for the exceptional prospect (Wentz or Goff) and commit knowing we have Keenum as a backup.

What many of us suspect: trade down for a marginal prospect with upside (Cook, Prescott, Doughty) and continue to struggle in the second round...

I could mock scenarios all day, but when it comes to what it looks like Snisher will do, I'm not encouraged...at all. I'd like to be hopeful, but this time we don't need BPA at 15. We NEED, desperately need a QB.

Unfortunately I think they're going to try and get one on the cheap...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's got like Kyle Boller type accuracy and Jimmy Clausen- "I want to punch him in the face" like douchieness.
What could possibly go wrong?