PREGAME Rams at Buccaneers - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
We beat them once this year already.
Might as well do it again. ;)

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Rams are 3-0 vs the Brady Bucs. I would love to go 4-0.

In those 3 wins the Rams had sacked Brady a total of 7 times and he had a 79% passer rating average.

The Rams had 53 and 50 sacks in 2020-2021 and we know a consistent pass rush helps a lot vs Tom, which we haven't been able to do so far this year with only 12 sacks in 7 games, projecting to nearly half the amount from each of the previous 2 years.

Do the Rams find a running game and pass rush this sunday?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, Akers gets another week to show something before Williams comes in and takes his job.

As curious as our ongoing RB soap opera has been, I'm also contemplating an eventual Shelton replacement for Evans at LG, or will Chandler Brewer get a shot at it soon ?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have no idea what to expect. Both offenses have been bad this year. Both defenses have been decent. On the surface it sounds like a low scoring game. Sure would be nice if this is the breakout game for our offense. Its pretty much all up to the offensive line. Block and they score. And probably win. Don't block they don't score. Its really that simple.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope there is some motivation about the lack of belief of the outside world in the locker room.

All areas I see think the Bucs are winning - people (with pretty good reason) don't believe in the Rams right now - even against a not so great team like Tampa.

Nick Wright predicts that the Buccaneers will slaughter the Rams. He’s always been a doubter for some reason.

Pinckney activated? I wonder if there is a TE problem.

Brewer to spell Evans? It’s worth a shot as bad as Evans has been. Tampa Bay still gets pressure on the QB.

As curious as our ongoing RB soap opera has been, I'm also contemplating an eventual Shelton replacement for Evans at LG, or will Chandler Brewer get a shot at it soon ?

They might as well see what Brewer can do. You can’t play much worse than Evans has.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Nick Wright predicts that the Buccaneers will slaughter the Rams. He’s always been a doubter for some reason.

Pinckney activated? I wonder if there is a TE problem.

Brewer to spell Evans? It’s worth a shot as bad as Evans has been. Tampa Bay still gets pressure on the QB.

They might as well see what Brewer can do. You can’t play much worse than Evans has.
Please send Brewer to the bench. He was awful in preseason and could not beat out Evans. I'd rather see Skura at guard.

oldnotdead

Legend
Brewer isn't an OG, he's a OT. He's like many OTs who struggle at OG because they simply can't make the transition technique wise to play inside. It's a completely different technique. It's why Evans plays better at RT than at OG. IMO the last time I saw Skura was the Raven's version of Austin Blythe. Poor mobility, poor field vision and field awareness. As much as I don't like Edwards Skura is much worse. The fact that they signed Brewer to the active roster makes me wonder if what I've heard is correct. That Nsekhe will start at LT with Jackson at LG. If Nsekhe was still going to be the swing OT they could have simply kept Brewer on the PS since Shelton would be back in a couple of weeks. But if Nseke will be starting they don't have a swing OT.

If Jackson plays well at LG, Shelton can replace Aboushi at RG when he returns. That would give the Rams a serviceable OL for the first time this season.

I would really like to see the Rams play a lot more 12 personnel. Extending the OL would be a huge help to Stafford and would allow McVay to return to his outside zone run attack a-la 2018. If they can get that going then the jet sweep and play action will return and change the whole look of this year's stale offense. They will have 4 TEs and they could even line up Benny Sko as a quasi-TE.

Regardless I hope we see McVay make changes to the OL and how their base offense looks especially on early downs.

oldnotdead

Legend
As an additional thought, Jared Pinkney has been elevated off the PS. At 6'4" and 257 lbs, he's a bit undersized to play as an in-line TE. Before the draft, many thought he could make the move to FB or be used as a blocking H-back with receiving ability. The reason why evaluators thought that, is because he was better at making downfield blocks, or blocks on the move than as an in-line blocking TE. Could this be their lead blocker as an FB/H-back? Interesting PS move.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I swear, if the Rams let that vagina complete simple passes all game I'm gonna break some shit.

Disclaimer - no I'm not, I'm just using hyperbole.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Please send Brewer to the bench. He was awful in preseason and could not beat out Evans. I'd rather see Skura at guard.

Evans is horrible. Brewer was pretty good before taking a year off for CoVid. Maybe it’s just taking him time to get it back.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Evans is horrible. Brewer was pretty good before taking a year off for CoVid. Maybe it’s just taking him time to get it back.
Brewer has struggled the last couple of years, but I'm willing to give him a chance because it's an alternative to Evans.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The fact that they signed Brewer to the active roster makes me wonder if what I've heard is correct. That Nsekhe will start at LT with Jackson at LG. If Nsekhe was still going to be the swing OT they could have simply kept Brewer on the PS since Shelton would be back in a couple of weeks. But if Nseke will be starting they don't have a swing OT.

If Jackson plays well at LG, Shelton can replace Aboushi at RG when he returns. That would give the Rams a serviceable OL for the first time this season.
I would be in favor of this as I think Nsekhe can hold up at LT plus Jackson has proven he can handle any position.