PREGAME Rams at 49’ers - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams beat the cardinals again. I won't go there with the cards about us beating them because I hated how the whiners tossed out the "SOSAR" Rams because I know how much that hurt. But the pendulum always swings the other way sooner or later.

But the Rams had a chance to bury the whiners last season in our first matchup with them and we got smoked 31-10. We had a chance to prevent them from making the playoffs but blew a 17 point lead in the season ending game. That hurt.

A ROD brother had posted (before the plaoffs started) how the Rams were a team of destiny and the whiners were there because they matched up well with Dallas and Green Bay. Sure, enough it worked out exactly that way and the Rams beat the whiners in a come from behind NFCCG and went on to win SB 56. An unexpected (for me) but amazing ending to the season.

The Rams can bury the whiners if we beat them next week on MNF, or is it too good to be true and we lose, and we end up in a dogfight again to win the NFC West? The good news is that the shehawks aren't as good and the Cardinals would be 0-3 if not for a lucky break against the Raiders.

I'm not lacking confidence, but these situations have seemingly gone against the Rams in the past but I'm hoping we destroy them and make it clear who is the "big dog" in the NFC West. I just have a feeling that ratboy will pull out some surprises for us next week. I guess I'm still a bit nervous going into next week.

ROD brother's thoughts?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I want a two game sweep to make it tougher for them to be in the playoffs. They match up well vs our Rams so would prefer not to need to deal with them, plus it would be nice for once to swing a top seed.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams beat the cardinals again. I won't go there with the cards about us beating them because I hated how the whiners tossed out the "SOSAR" Rams because I know how much that hurt. But the pendulum always swings the other way sooner or later.

But the Rams had a chance to bury the whiners last season in our first matchup with them and we got smoked 31-10. We had a chance to prevent them from making the playoffs but blew a 17 point lead in the season ending game. That hurt.

A ROD brother had posted (before the plaoffs started) how the Rams were a team of destiny and the whiners were there because they matched up well with Dallas and Green Bay. Sure, enough it worked out exactly that way and the Rams beat the whiners in a come from behind NFCCG and went on to win SB 56. An unexpected (for me) but amazing ending to the season.

The Rams can bury the whiners if we beat them next week on MNF, or is it too good to be true and we lose, and we end up in a dogfight again to win the NFC West? The good news is that the shehawks aren't as good and the Cardinals would be 0-3 if not for a lucky break against the Raiders.

I'm not lacking confidence, but these situations have seemingly gone against the Rams in the past but I'm hoping we destroy them and make it clear who is the "big dog" in the NFC West. I just have a feeling that ratboy will pull out some surprises for us next week. I guess I'm still a bit nervous going into next week.

ROD brother's thoughts?

Both teams are dealing with significant injuries heading into next weeks game, so there will likely be 'surprises', although the team making fewer mistakes, the team with the higher quality depth, and whoever presents as the best coaching staff should prevail. I like our chances. jmo.

socalrams90

Starter
Like you said, every time this matchup comes up in the season it seems to rejuvenate them. We literally gave them life twice last year.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like you said, every time this matchup comes up in the season it seems to rejuvenate them. We literally gave them life twice last year.

I want to see Dweebo crying after the game again. Unbeknownst to me, I didn't know that dweebo was trolling AD on social media before the NFCCG.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams have started every season with McVay at 3-1 or better, cant see why this year would be any different

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well I just look forward to a nice Sep/Oct before coming out flat and uninspired for all of November, as the other teams grind it out in a battle of attrition, we let our small divisional lead start to slip until the team redefines itself and rearranges its pieces to create a new identity just in time for the playoffs...

Or maybe this year we try something different

dang

Legend
The Rams are a work in progress. They haven’t figured out their OL, Use of Skow/Robinson, run game, DBs, OLBs, etc. i have faith they will continue to tinker in order to build the best team possible by the end of the season. I’m looking forward to seeing the final product.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It was interesting how that loss to the 49ers in game 17 shaped our path in the playoffs. Chances are we'd end up playing in Green Bay in the NFCCG if we won that game. Instead we play at home and finally beat the whiners in the biggest game the two teams will ever face off.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Is it wrong to fear the Niner D right now with the state of the OL?

Am I bad man for even thinking it...

RamWoodie

Legend
That Niner defense is strong just like last year. Let's not forget though...that the Rams made up their mind last year, in the NFC Championship game...THAT THEY KNOW HOW TO BE PHYSICAL TOO!
That's why Rams are Champs.

The Rams have some injuries to overcome on D...and the OLine has to come together...especially on run blocking.

IF THE RAMS COME WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE...THE NINERS ARE NO ONE TO FEAR. You just can't be half stepping like the Buffalo game and McVay can't be cute with the play calling.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Definitely not that's my biggest concern and of our secondary isn't healthy which it really isn't going to be they can use dink dunk as a run game wait for big plays to open but the problem then would be our offense up against that defense. Turnovers and 3 and outs won't cut it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Niners week is always a tougher grind no matter the circumstances or injuries. I do think Williams for them is a bigger loss than anyone for the Rams so it should create opportunities for our D.

Their new safety from SC looks like another great player and Bosa will be a sack/turnover waiting to happen.

Wagner and Jones will have to shutdown their run game, I think that is the reason they are Rams so get it done!

Tough match up but the Champs fear no one.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I want to see Dweebo crying after the game again. Unbeknownst to me, I didn't know that dweebo was trolling AD on social media before the NFCCG.
I knew, that's why I can't stand that punk. Was talking like he was the reason Rams could never beat them since he joined the team. Trolling Donald, all because AD said "Who?" I had big big fun during the NFCCG with the Scott hit and the crying. Fans leaving was the icing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Last season we entered the 9ers game with a team that had yet to fully settle in and got trucked. Second game we saw a much better Rams team that almost beat them. Then the win in the NFC Championship.

So it's possible we see the Rams struggle again in the early game. But maybe they show up and put these fucks into the division cellar.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

giphy.gif

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
..and in fact, 9r's have said Williams will be out for WEEKS - meaning, we may get 2 games w/o Trent on 10/3 and 10/30.
Not to revel in another mans misery - but we got enough of our own going on!