Rams are caught between a rock and a very hard place…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
be a waste to stand pat.

So, what do Rams need to do to become SB caliber? At a minimum they need a significant upgrade at edge AND for Floyd to get healthy and become a force once again.

Problem is that top drawer edges are scarce AND Rams lack draft picks needed to compete in an auction atmosphere for said services. Sounds like Rams have been shut out on both Burns and Chubb based upon pundits feedback. Other teams are copying Rams formula for success and they simply have more ammo. Foreseeable but still frustrating.

The other thing that Rams need is an upgrade at RB. I’m assuming that a returning healthy OL can be at least upper middle of the road once Shelton is back. If not, nothing else really matters, does it?

These 2 things must both happen at a minimum if Rams want to be included in a serious SB conversation, imo anyway.

If these 2 things don’t happen then a hypothetical signing of OBJ will not matter much, btw.

So, that’s the bad news.

The good news is that Rams don’t absolutely need top drawer talent at edge or RB added. They need solid upgrades only to put Rams over the top because Rams are already blessed with top talent surrounding these proposed new additions. Acquiring players that can stick around for a few years would be highly desirable, btw. We’re all sick of the 6 month rentals.

It is my hope and belief that Snead has the necessary resources to add these 2 needed players before the deadline. Probably not gonna be household names but solid upgrades nonetheless.

One benefit of going for 2nd tier additions now is that more draft capital will remain to be used in ‘23 and ‘24 to close out our SB window.

Clock is ticking. Snead has maybe 48 hours remaining to pull all this off and nobody knows this better than Les.

‘Nervous Time’ at SOFI, huh? (Little Chick Hearn reference for the old timers).

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
be a waste to stand pat.

So, what do Rams need to do to become SB caliber? At a minimum they need a significant upgrade at edge AND for Floyd to get healthy and become a force once again.

Problem is that top drawer edges are scarce AND Rams lack draft picks needed to compete in an auction atmosphere for said services. Sounds like Rams have been shut out on both Burns and Chubb based upon pundits feedback. Other teams are copying Rams formula for success and they simply have more ammo. Foreseeable but still frustrating.

The other thing that Rams need is an upgrade at RB. I’m assuming that a returning healthy OL can be at least upper middle of the road once Shelton is back. If not, nothing else really matters, does it?

These 2 things must both happen at a minimum if Rams want to be included in a serious SB conversation, imo anyway.

If these 2 things don’t happen then a hypothetical signing of OBJ will not matter much, btw.

So, that’s the bad news.

The good news is that Rams don’t absolutely need top drawer talent at edge or RB added. They need solid upgrades only to put Rams over the top because Rams are already blessed with top talent surrounding these proposed new additions. Acquiring players that can stick around for a few years would be highly desirable, btw. We’re all sick of the 6 month rentals.

It is my hope and belief that Snead has the necessary resources to add these 2 needed players before the deadline. Probably not gonna be household names but solid upgrades nonetheless.

One benefit of going for 2nd tier additions now is that more draft capital will remain to be used in ‘23 and ‘24 to close out our SB window.

Clock is ticking. Snead has maybe 48 hours remaining to pull all this off and nobody knows this better than Les.

Yeah, but with our mostly silent front office, it's possible a deal(s) is already a done thing and only the announcement need be made. I'll be curious to see which proposed players actually have much playing time today and who is being held out due to a potential injury which could negate any agreement. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they can find a RB they should be much better on offense. As you say they don't need elite talent. Just a back who can log carries and get us some settle down yards when the offense gets out of whack.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
be a waste to stand pat.

So, that’s the bad news.

Rams43.
I agree on the points you have made. Finding an edge and a RB is critical and hopefully Snead can pull it off like he has in other years. I also believe that we may be a victim of our own success as other GMs might not be so excited to take Snead's phone calls as in the past. History is kinda showing that those teams that have traded off major players (like Ramsey and Stafford) have not prospered at all and yet the Rams win a SB with those players they traded off.

OBTW love the Chick Hearn reference. Nobody did it better than Chick!!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

RamWoodie

Legend
I tend to disagree but to each his own. The Rams need to get healthy on the OLine because Henderson and crew can get it done without Akers.

Everything affecting the Rams on offense has to do with the OLine...and I think McVay needs to get both Powell and Atwell going in the offense. Both guys have shown me they can play. Play them more.

The defense is good and getting healthy...so if THE TEAM can pull it together thing will get going.

There's talks the Rams can get Hunt for a 4th rounder. If so...that's a great punch also.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You can never count the Rams out when it comes to trading. But waiting this long the guys they could have traded for could be picked up by someone else. As much as we need help at the edge, I think running back is where we need most help. Our best back is basically a middle of the road NFL back. The others are less than that. After watching Alvin Kamara run wild through the Raider defense it gives me hope that maybe a guy who people think his best days are behind him can find his mojo with our team. Someone like Melvin Gordon or Kareem Hunt?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have seen nothing to lead me to agree with that. But it sure would be nice.
Yeah, Henderson doesn't look like anything more than an average NFL back. And that would be with decent blocking which we don't have. Its a shame Akers never returned to his rookie form. And then he doesn't want to buy into what McVay is selling. At least those are the rumors. If true he doesn't fit We Not Me.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'd be looking to fill holes for next year more than anything. This team has a few years left yet to compete with its top end talent. This year is probably a lost cause with the cluster o-line injuries and pathetic RB room. Use the trade deadline to re-load for next season if anything.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Be a waste to stand pat for sure. We need to be selling.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Maybe we can trade TuTu for an O line?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Be a waste to stand pat for sure. We need to be selling.
Yeah I think I'd call Roseman and ask him what he needs to match up with the 9ers. Then trade that to him if at all possible. That's how much I hate these fuckers.

Name
Richard Levy
Interesting that Henderson played behind Rivers against the 9ers and got very few snaps today

Maybe Henderson may be moved in a trade for a running back.

As for the game today, I've been saying that Higbee has at least one drop at key times in almost every game.

His drop today finished off any realistic chance we had to make a comeback or to gain momentum.

But we need an influx of talent, speedy playmakers and ball hawking safeties.

We're getting no interior pass rush from our Dline or from our edges and our defensive off coverage burned us again.

Tano

Legend
Interesting that Henderson played behind Rivers against the 9ers and got very few snaps today

Maybe Henderson may be moved in a trade for a running back.

As for the game today, I've been saying that Higbee has at least one drop at key times in almost every game.

His drop today finished off any realistic chance we had to make a comeback or to gain momentum.

But we need an influx of talent, speedy playmakers and ball hawking safeties.

We're getting no interior pass rush from our Dline or from our edges and our defensive off coverage burned us again.
Henderson was ill during the week and I bet he was on a limited snap count today

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
be a waste to stand pat.

So, that’s the bad news.

More than realistically can be done in what is left of this season.

I'm almost of the mind that you don't make a big deal this year and approach it like other teams do. Use the 2nd and 3rd on the lines, use your comps for depth.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Mini blow up... trade some expensive guys to add picks, even later round picks can be used to move up in a given round.

Move on from Higbee... O'Connell may have ibterest there. Maybe a team throws you a late pick for Rapp, Ashawn Robinson, or Henderson, if a team has injury issues at those positions.

Sad thing is it's hard to come up with many tradeable guys.

Ellard80

Legend
We got nothing to sell...

unless you mean selling Ramsey, donald, Kupp, ect...

Tano

Legend
He always has a reason.
New Girl I Give Up GIF