Rams Approved To Relocate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You've never been west of Oklahoma City? Sounds like a good excuse to travel man, see the world you wont regret it

I've seen the world. Literally. It's just been all east. India, England, UAE, Canada. The only way I got to travel was to visit family and they all live on the east coast and Canada. Toronto all the way down to Orlando. The oppurtunity to go west has never come up, and I doubt it ever will.

Dahonz

UK Rams Fan
Name
Chris Jones
Comment from stan 2010

I've been around St. Louis and Missouri a major portion of my life," he said. "I've never had any desire to lead the charge out of St. Louis. That's not why we're here. We're here to work very hard and be successful in St. Louis."

bluecoconuts

Legend
I've seen the world. Literally. It's just been all east. India, England, UAE, Canada. The only way I got to travel was to visit family and they all live on the east coast and Canada. Toronto all the way down to Orlando. The oppurtunity to go west has never come up, and I doubt it ever will.

I'd say find a reason, if that reason is the Rams then that's great. Nothing wrong with seeing new places.

RamBill

Legend
Report: Chargers plan to accept L.A. deal, share stadium with Rams

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 13, 2016, 6:12 PM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-to-accept-l-a-deal-share-stadium-with-rams/

We already know the Rams are returning to Los Angeles, and it’s looking like the Chargers will as well.

Alex Flanagan of NBC Sports and NFL Network reports that the framework of a deal that would allow the Rams and Chargers to share a stadium is now in place, and that barring anything unforeseen, the Chargers will accept the deal and move to Los Angeles as well.

The Chargers were hoping to get the approval of their fellow owners for their own plan to move to Los Angeles yesterday. Instead, the owners approved the Rams’ plan, but said that the Chargers would have the option of joining with the Rams. It appears that after a day to think about it, the Chargers have decided to accept that arrangement.

It’s unclear whether the Chargers will move to a temporary home in Los Angeles in 2016, as the Rams plan to do, or if the Chargers could stay in San Diego this year. But it sounds like when the new Los Angeles stadium opens in 2019, it will be the home of both the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
For the Inglewood stadium situation, is it funded by the NFL/StanK or will the state of California have to pay out of their own pocket. Haven't bothered to read into the details but I would be extremely disappointed if it's coming out of taxpayers' money, especially for the non-fans in LA.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Gotta' say, pretty pleased about this. It's hard to describe how it'll feel to see them in the coliseum again - where I saw them for the first time 48 years ago.
Also, 11 guaranteed 1:00 pm games - (maybe more, depending on the Sun, Mon and Thurs nite schedules) - they'll be playing on grass, no long road trips to play division rivals,
and most likely a a change back to (one of) their old uniforms. Goes without saying I know how y'all feel in St Louis, but I hope you stay.
I think they've already revealed their new uniforms all season long you saw coaches and players wearing that old blue and white logo from the 60's and 70's , and the art showing the new stadium is blue and white

coincidence ????

I think not , :)

It's just a matter of when they will announce it , will it be this year , or will thy wait till 2018/2019 , when they move into their new blue and white stadium

USATSI_8897424.jpg

11917997_957478434308407_2084864792_n.jpg

north-seating.jpg

rams12b_zpsoziz0lrb.jpg

:welcome:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I think they've already revealed their new uniforms all season long you saw coaches and players wearing that old blue and white logo from the 60's and 70's , and the art showing the new stadium is blue and white

coincidence ????

It's just a matter of when they will announce it , will it be this year , or will thy wait till 2018/2019 , when they move into their new blue and white stadium

USATSI_8897424.jpg

11917997_957478434308407_2084864792_n.jpg

north-seating.jpg

rams12b_zpsoziz0lrb.jpg

:welcome:

Holly Crap I can't type

I think they've already revealed their new uniforms ,all season long you saw coaches and players wearing that old blue and white logo from the 60's and 70's , and the art showing the new stadium is blue and white

coincidence ????

It's just a matter of time until they will announce it , will it be this year , or will they wait till 2018/2019 , when they move into their new blue and white stadium

Twist

UDFA
I wanted to stop by and offer condolences to the football fans in St. Louis and the surrounding region. I used to live in Little Rock and had the opportunity to visit St. Louis. You have to experience sports in that area to get the loyalty the people there have to the town teams. This isn't Atlanta or Los Angeles; these fans are not front-runners. They are more like a Boston, a Baltimore, or a Philly in the loyalty they have to the city and those who represent it. They've given their heart and soul to the Cardinals and the Blues and embraced the Rams as if they had been there for decades. If you rep the StL with pride, then you will always find a strong audience in The Lou. That is the way St. Louis rolls and this is why they always show up in the Top 10 of any poll gauging the best sports markets in the nation.

Kroenke could've been honest and said this was a case of exponentially enhancing the value of his team and the yearly profit margin. Instead he chose the easy route and trashed St. Louis and the region as a whole in order to get his way. When you go there, you make it much more difficult for people who are passionate about their region to get beyond it. Most St. Louis-based Rams fans are going to see Kroenke like Baltimore viewed Irsay and Cleveland sees Modell. You can't blame them for it. He didn't just leave St. Louis: he took a crap on it as he walked out the door.

I wish the best for St. Louis and the Rams fans based there. You are better off without Goodell's NFL.

RamBill

Legend
Stan Kroenke on how the NFL stadium deal was done

By Sam Farmer and Nathan Fenno

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-kroenke-20160114-story.html

Stan Kroenke emerged from a white jet at Van Nuys Airport a few minutes before noon Wednesday as he returned to California for the first time as owner of the Los Angeles Rams.

Less than 24 hours earlier in Houston, National Football League owners voted to allow Kroenke to move the Rams from St. Louis to L.A. for the 2016 season.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Times -- Kroenke’s first since his plan for a multi-billion-dollar stadium in Inglewood became public more than a year ago -- the owner discussed his final pitch to the league's team owners, the emotional relocation process and his ambitious vision for the site of the defunct Hollywood Park racetrack.

“If we didn’t have the perspective of 40 years of doing this, I don’t think any reasonable, rational person would ever do this,” said Kroenke, a billionaire real estate developer and sports mogul. “But because we look at it a certain way, we’ve been through so many of these projects, and we’re long-term investors. That’s why we did what we did and stuck our neck out that far.”

Kroenke, 68, cracked jokes, slapped his knees in excitement and teared up at one point in the interview. He appeared relieved to put the drawn-out relocation process behind him and focus on returning the Rams to the city they left following the 1994 season.

Kroenke believed that detailed renderings of the sleek, low-slung stadium project and surrounding mixed-use development helped sway owners in Houston to overwhelmingly support his vision over a rival stadium project in Carson.

“One of the most important things that nailed it (Tuesday) is that we just kept showing them pictures,” Kroenke said. “People love pictures. And what those pictures showed was the thought and the development and the plan, and the depth of the thought.”

He said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell found the pictures “very compelling.”

Kroenke noted Seattle Seahawks owner and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen support of the project. After not attending an NFL meeting in four years, Allen appeared at the Houston gathering to back Kroenke. The gesture didn’t go unnoticed by other owners.

“When I started working on this two years ago, I took Paul through the whole thing,” Kroenke said. “I said, ‘This is what I think we can do here. I’m not sure we can do it all, but here’s what we’re working on.’ He was always interested. Then once we got to certain point, he definitely got it. He got how good it was.”

Kevin Demoff, the Rams’ top executive who helped make the presentation at the meeting, kept his event credential and room key as mementos of the historic occasion.

Kroenke said he had no badge and he left his room key in the hotel.

“But we got something much more important,” he told The Times. “We got L.A.”

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Kroenke is a bastard....

When I started working on this two years ago, I took Paul through the whole thing,” Kroenke said. “I said, ‘This is what I think we can do here. I’m not sure we can do it all, but here’s what we’re working on.’ He was always interested.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yeah. I'll consider all you guys (the regulars and most of the newbies) good people and friends. I'll never come by to hate on the team, but that said I won't come by to celebrate any victory's either. I'm no longer a Rams fan. I'm loyal to my city 1st, and they certainly didn't let me down. In fact they did even more than I thought they were capable of in such a short time, for such a historically terrible product. The way this was handled will never be forgiven by me. I wish the worst for this team as long as they have Kroenke for an owner and the current front office. Sorry to see my Demoff post got deleted too. About as sorry as I was to see his fraudulent dishonest personality emerge through all of this. Trashing the city he "backed" for years as one of the greatest sports towns in the nation when it didn't even need to be done for the move to happen.

Well I hope after you cool off that you remain a Rams fan. Wishing the worst for the Rams doesn't sound emotionally healthy. I have loved the Rams every season since 1973, EVEN when they left Los Angeles while I lived there. It's really hard now I know. It'll get better for you as training camp and pre-season approaches, I promise. But hating your team because they are playing in a different location?

Stel

Starter
Stan Kroenke on how the NFL stadium deal was done

By Sam Farmer and Nathan Fenno

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-kroenke-20160114-story.html

Stan Kroenke emerged from a white jet at Van Nuys Airport a few minutes before noon Wednesday as he returned to California for the first time as owner of the Los Angeles Rams.

Less than 24 hours earlier in Houston, National Football League owners voted to allow Kroenke to move the Rams from St. Louis to L.A. for the 2016 season.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Times -- Kroenke’s first since his plan for a multi-billion-dollar stadium in Inglewood became public more than a year ago -- the owner discussed his final pitch to the league's team owners, the emotional relocation process and his ambitious vision for the site of the defunct Hollywood Park racetrack.

“If we didn’t have the perspective of 40 years of doing this, I don’t think any reasonable, rational person would ever do this,” said Kroenke, a billionaire real estate developer and sports mogul. “But because we look at it a certain way, we’ve been through so many of these projects, and we’re long-term investors. That’s why we did what we did and stuck our neck out that far.”

Kroenke, 68, cracked jokes, slapped his knees in excitement and teared up at one point in the interview. He appeared relieved to put the drawn-out relocation process behind him and focus on returning the Rams to the city they left following the 1994 season.

Kroenke believed that detailed renderings of the sleek, low-slung stadium project and surrounding mixed-use development helped sway owners in Houston to overwhelmingly support his vision over a rival stadium project in Carson.

“One of the most important things that nailed it (Tuesday) is that we just kept showing them pictures,” Kroenke said. “People love pictures. And what those pictures showed was the thought and the development and the plan, and the depth of the thought.”

He said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell found the pictures “very compelling.”

Kroenke noted Seattle Seahawks owner and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen support of the project. After not attending an NFL meeting in four years, Allen appeared at the Houston gathering to back Kroenke. The gesture didn’t go unnoticed by other owners.

“When I started working on this two years ago, I took Paul through the whole thing,” Kroenke said. “I said, ‘This is what I think we can do here. I’m not sure we can do it all, but here’s what we’re working on.’ He was always interested. Then once we got to certain point, he definitely got it. He got how good it was.”

Kevin Demoff, the Rams’ top executive who helped make the presentation at the meeting, kept his event credential and room key as mementos of the historic occasion.

Kroenke said he had no badge and he left his room key in the hotel.

“But we got something much more important,” he told The Times. “We got L.A.”

Kroenke. He loves money and nothing else. He will fuck LA fans for a dollar, never forget that. Enjoy the team as long as you can. If he had been honest and said he was moving for money, I'd at least respect him for for being honest. But he is a liar. If the NFL had simply said they didn't care about St. Louis, they wanted the Rams in LA for money, I'd have at least respected them for being honest. But they are liars. I will celebrate their deaths, hope for their bankruptcies. I agree with CoachO's sentiments - it is why I cannot stay here. The things that hurt Kroenke also hurt ROD members and I don't want you hurt. But I do want Kroenke hurt. Sorry, but that is the way it is. I can't stand liars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Holly Crap I can't type

I think they've already revealed their new uniforms ,all season long you saw coaches and players wearing that old blue and white logo from the 60's and 70's , and the art showing the new stadium is blue and white

coincidence ????

It's just a matter of time until they will announce it , will it be this year , or will they wait till 2018/2019 , when they move into their new blue and white stadium

Considering the uniform rules say it takes either 2-3 years for uni changes to go into effect, I'd assume that they would put the changes into the league office officially pretty soon so that the Rams can rock the new unis when they open the new stadium.

RamBill

Legend
Returning to Coliseum is 'surreal' for former USC and Rams safety T.J. McDonald
By Gary Klein

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-rams-tj-mcdonald-20160114-story.html

In early 2013, as part of his training before the NFL draft, former USC safety T.J. McDonald sweated through thigh-burning workouts up and down the aisle stairs inside the Coliseum.

One day, as he and a former Trojans teammate finished a final set, they gazed out over the city of Los Angeles and reflected.

"I remember getting to the top step and thinking about the memories I made," McDonald, a safety who was selected by the St. Louis Rams, said Wednesday. "Now that we're coming back to play there, it's just surreal."

The NFL on Tuesday approved the Rams' move back to Los Angeles. The team is scheduled to move into a new Inglewood stadium for the 2019 season.

In the interim, they will probably play in the Coliseum, where McDonald starred for the Trojans, just as his father Tim did before a successful NFL career.

T.J. McDonald is feeling bittersweet. The Fresno native is excited about returning to California where family and friends can watch him play. But he is saddened to leave St. Louis.

"I am very appreciative of the support I got," he said in a phone interview. "They welcomed me as rookie and they are great fans. They stick with you as you struggled through the tough times."

McDonald played at USC from 2009 to 2012. He was one of the team leaders and faces of the program as the Trojans navigated through the first two years of NCAA sanctions.

"We went through a lot of stuff," he said.

The Rams drafted McDonald in the third round in 2013. He started as a rookie but suffered a broken leg. McDonald had 63 tackles, a sack and forced a fumble this season before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury. He recently underwent surgery, but said he would be ready for the 2016 season.

"I started every year I've been in the league and I feel like I've gotten better," he said, adding, "Next year, I'll be healthy for the first time in a while and really can represent how I'm in great shape. People will hear my name."

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher also played defensive back at USC. And the Rams' roster includes former UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers and tight end Cory Harkey.

Now they are set to return to Southern California.

USC Athletic Director Pat Haden said Wednesday that he had not yet spoken with McDonald or Fisher.

McDonald thought back to his pre-draft workouts and the games he played in the Coliseum.

How will it feel to come down the famous tunnel once again?

"I can't even put it into words," he said.

RamBill

Legend
Dear Rams, here are some notes on L.A. reality — and realty

By Chris Erskine

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-rams-erskine-20160114-column.html#nt=outfit

For decades now, L.A. has dreamed of becoming a cultural touchstone — like Oprah, like New York — and now finally we are. The NFL is returning to Los Angeles. This is not another false alarm. This is the real deal, something we cannot get enough of in L.A. — genuine reality.

Do we seem a tad excited? It's only because nothing really big ever happens here.

To the Rams players and staff, welcome to our busy city by the sea. If at first glance, it seems like a teeming human centrifuge, that's just our airport.

There are parts of Hollywood and the Westside that are even worse (that left turn off La Cienega, at Wilshire, will just about kill you every time).

Thing is, if you survive LAX, you can probably survive most intersections in Los Angeles.

A few things you should know:

1. In L.A., a frown is the same as a smile. If you pull up and find people scowling, don't be alarmed. That's our default expression and probably means we're happy.

2. In L.A., we don't read social cues very well. In fact, we don't read anything very well, except screenplays and real estate contracts. On those, we really focus.

3. Your cheerleader tryouts probably just got way more competitive.

4. Moving from St. Louis, you might've taken a bump in the cost of living. Be assured that there is housing for everybody here, at all price points, including tents overlooking freeways. And the Playboy Mansion, which just happened to go up for sale.

That's where Stan Kroenke will probably live. It's selling for $200 million. Seriously, that's a good price. Closer to the water, and he'd be paying a real wad.

So, while Kroenke is moving into Hef's old mansion, the rest of you will be pricing tiny fixer-uppers in Torrance, or as I call it, "the Beverly Hills for the rest of us."

In fact, that whole South Bay has a lot to offer, and I'm not just talking culturally. I'll wager my entire collection of Idina Menzel albums that you'll find a place that's just right for you, with plenty of room for at least one other person.

A quick tutorial on California real estate: Many of the houses here look like doughnut stands. Those go for about a million. The bigger ones, especially in Orange County, look like Courtyards by Marriott. Those run $6 million and up.

If you find something with lots of high ceilings, orange arches and a fake lawn, that's probably a church. Put an offer in anyway (you can probably flip it).

Whatever you do, get a full inspection before signing anything, and always consider earthquake insurance. That goes for your sparkling new stadium as well.

Very impressive, that Inglewood stadium. I see from renderings that it will have a glass roof. That shouldn't be a concern, considering it's a decent distance from the San Andreas fault. Hey, it's only money anyway.

Of more concern, probably, are the millions of sea birds in that area. I'd consider a glass dome in Inglewood to be a major splatter zone (think of the blimp shots). So, if time allows, you might reconsider all that glass. It'd probably hold in a lot of nasty greenhouse gases as well.

Other than that, we can't wait to meet you.

You should probably also be aware that L.A. has some defective mythologies about what it means to be a man in this day and age. You might be confused at first, especially you linebackers. After all, what other city can boast both Ryan Seacrest and the Incredible Hulk? That just means we're very fluid regarding manhood. And that's a good thing.

Meanwhile, you'll find that I'm sort of the Genghis Khan of sports journalism, interested mostly in conquest and legacy. Oddly, they left it to me to welcome you.

So, I'll be at baggage claim when you arrive, the guy in the yak vest and double-horn helmet, holding a gift basket full of walnuts and fruit.

Actually, there's usually a bunch of us like that. I'll be the one on the horse.