Rams and the Holiday Season ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not sure about the rest of you ANGRY, DISAPPOINTED, LOYAL RAM FANS... ???

But I've got Ram Christmas Tree ornaments hanging on my tree right now Please note...I'm not trying to leave out those of you who don't have trees during this Holiday Season,,, you guys may have some extra Ram stuff that's displayed ??

Anyway,,, my Ram fandom started 38 years ago, and I have one ornament that is over 30 years old that I got in LA. One of those old-school round ornaments. It's so old,,, that it's once Ram's yellow color has morphed into a more now-a-days Ram's gold (maybe Georgia has influenced this from the stars somehow :cheese: ) . The old Ram logo were there was a small "L" on the R,,, and a small "A" on the A of "RAMS".... I'm afraid to touch it each year because it's soooo fragile.

Another favorite is my Ram helmet with the SB colors.

I also have a Kurt Warner (action figure-like) ornament. He's in an away jersey ,,, and he's got the ball up ready to throw a pass.

I've got a bunch of other crazy Ram holiday stuff, but those are my Favorites.

Hopefully, I'm not the only one here who has some Ram Holiday Season stuff... I've found some good memories floating around in my melon when I walk past my tree (even in these dark times).

Hopefully the Rams can still make you ALL feel IRIE too. Especially during this time of year.

Whatcha guys got ?????????

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alrighty then,,,

it appears that I am surrounded by a crew of Scrooges and Grinches. :nahhh:
Please,, please, I did not mean to interrupt the positive vibrations I'm picking up in just about all of the other treads we have these days.

Mele Kalikimaka! Ya bunch of bananas with greasy black peels. :neener:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well a big Mekka lekka hi mekka hiney ho to you too, brother man.

Let me ask you this. Do you know how hard it is to find yellow lights for a Christmas tree? Blue is easy. Getting the yellow was a ball breaker (yeah, that's right raised_fisT - a BALL breaker). I had to get boxes of yellow LED's from an elevator fixture supplier and do them all manually. But the result is a tree of blue & yellows.

I have a box of highly reflective blue ornaments, and a box of yellows to go with it, so I have a throwback tree. I only have one ornament outside of that, and it's the star. My son made it for me when he was 5 years old at a place (I forget the name right now) where kids all sit down and paint plaster. My son found a football helmet (it's about 8" X 8") and had one of the employees, an artist, draw the horns on it so he could paint it. Then they fired it in the oven, shellacked it, and he gave it to me 10 years ago before Christmas. It's been sitting atop my Rams tree ever since.

To quote Tom Cruise in the movie Taps, "It's beautiful man.... it's beautiful!"

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
You guys are inspiring, and hopefully when I become a homeowner/husband and my wife wants a Christmas tree then I'll follow suit.

bluecoconuts

Legend
We got a fake tree this year, but before we did I was debating getting a life-size Bradford cardboard cutout I saw at the mall and just decorating him. My family will never go for it though, my girlfriend said she wouldn't get me anything because she wanted a tree. Some people have no holiday fun.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't have enough spare money to buy a real or fake Christmas tree...but I do have an Orlando Pace bobble-head and a Keith Tkachuk figurine. Do those count?

:oops:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Alrighty then,,,

it appears that I am surrounded by a crew of Scrooges and Grinches. :nahhh:
Please,, please, I did not mean to interrupt the positive vibrations I'm picking up in just about all of the other treads we have these days.

Mele Kalikimaka! Ya bunch of bananas with greasy black peels. :neener:

Ah... a little Hawaiian thrown in for good measure.

Sorry man - didn't see this thread til now. Seems that most of my Ram gear is limited to towels, shirts, hats, jackets, multiple shot glasses, beer mugs, and the likes. I DO have some Mardi Gras beads that I may just have to hang from the tree somehow.

Would love to toss back a nog while BS'ing around your tree. It sounds ultra cool. That damn 3000 mile gap anyway! Oh well... Mele Kalikimaka to you too my Ram bruthuh. And a Hau'oli Makahiki Hou.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm very impressed with the yellow and blue lights X. Sounds Bad-Ass to me. Glad to see I'm not the only one with Holiday Ram stuff.

I may have given everyone the wrong impression about my tree though. I think there's only about 15 various Ram ornaments on my tree (all are different and they have huge differences in age). Our tree has like an ocean theme (lots of shells of all kinds, fish , coral etc...) - The Ram ornaments definitely don't "match" the theme, but damn they look great to me. I'm the only one who gets to hang them. :cheese:

I've got a Ram stocking too.

You young guys should just go "Clark Griswold",,, head out in the woods, pick out a tree, and chop the beeaaahhch down. Decorations can be anything. Mucho inexpensive.

Mahalo 503 , Happy New Year to you too ,,, I spent my elementary school years in Pearl City, HA. Glad to see someone noticed... Shaka Brah

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
bluecoconuts said:
We got a fake tree this year, but before we did I was debating getting a life-size Bradford cardboard cutout I saw at the mall and just decorating him. My family will never go for it though, my girlfriend said she wouldn't get me anything because she wanted a tree. Some people have no holiday fun.

One of my friends is a huge pats fan,,, HUGE. He had a life sized tom brady that he proudly displayed in his house every single day of the year. He had it until it was stolen by "someone" who texted pics of the cardboard brady in strange places , doing very bad things. The last pic sent showed the piece of shit being burned up in a campfire.

Don't let this happen to your Bradford cutout if you end up getting one. It would certainly be worthy of leaving out year round IMO. The family may not agree.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
bluecoconuts said:

One of my friends is a huge pats fan,,, HUGE. He had a life sized tom brady that he proudly displayed in his house every single day of the year. He had it until it was stolen by "someone" who texted pics of the cardboard brady in strange places , doing very bad things. The last pic sent showed the piece of shit being burned up in a campfire.

Don't let this happen to your Bradford cutout if you end up getting one. It would certainly be worthy of leaving out year round IMO. The family may not agree.
"Someone", eh?

Yeah.

You're my hero, man.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:
bluecoconuts said:

"Someone", eh?

Yeah.

You're my hero, man.

I just wish I still had the pics. They were on an old phone (like 2004 - 2005). Funny shit. This guy was pissed too. He played on a softball team with me at the time, so all the team members would "take turns" with brady. Brutal.