Rams Almost Drafted DeAndre Hopkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They traded down in the second round when they had a chance to pick Wagner and got Pead in the second round and Rok in the fifth round

They messed up by trading down.

Well The Rams messed up way more than that. The secret workout for Brian(dumb)Quick who was drafted 33.He was the first pick in the 2nd rd.
Then Jackrabbit Jenkins was drafted 39th. So if The Rams traded back for Isaha Pead it wasn’t really his pick to have drafted a player like that. Add JL55 was still MLB.
—Just saying, but all is well.
Brockers or Chandler Jones?
I like all the trading back.I’ve been wanting them to trade up for Dickerson & Taylor.Those SMALL guys not so much. Size matters.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the news about him trashing the hotel room I didn't want him anywhere near the Rams. Odds were he would be a problem for the team. Just because he turned out great doesn't change anything.

Tavon looked fantastic but I hated that they traded up for him. I wasn't even excited when they made the pick. But then my dick was hard after his rookie season at the possibilities. Too bad fisher was the coach.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I was pounding the table for the Rams to take Hopkins instead of Tavon, I was so disappointed when we chose Tavon.

Scouts get so damn hung up on speed. They underestimate the importance of HANDS. Nuke Hopkins had GREAT hands, and Tavon couldn't catch for shit. It was just so obvious to me that Hopkins would transition better to the NFL than Tavon, and sadly I was right.
I was sick to my stomach when we traded up for Tavon.

I argued - well before the draft - that Hopkins was a rare no 1 WR because of his skill set and because he would be available until the Houston pick!

Many here argued he was a possession WR. This is ancient history, it was on the Stl board (not here), but there is a major point that comes out of it.

Average size, and more importantly technique, translates with more regularity than above average speed and/or athletic potential.

Tavon couldn’t run the route tree and had inconsistent hands. The NFL ball is harder to catch and you can’t play WR at this level unless you run a route tree where the QB can anticipate and trust where you are going to be. One that includes over the middle! Tavon never learnt to beat press. Never understood how to manipulate zone. Never got over the drops. Never if ever got open deep. Yet, Hopkins excels across the board

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
After the news about him trashing the hotel room I didn't want him anywhere near the Rams. Odds were he would be a problem for the team. Just because he turned out great doesn't change anything.

Tavon looked fantastic but I hated that they traded up for him. I wasn't even excited when they made the pick. But then my dick was hard after his rookie season at the possibilities. Too bad fisher was the coach.

Yes - trading down was BAD!!

Tavon had so many PR TD’s called back.I remember him right after he didyeat enough & had to sit out a practice.There was this hot Ram chick right across from me.We made eyes.
-I said something to him, but left the banana thing out of it. He was acting out. Like I’ll just sit in the stands.
Bailey was a better WR.He’d probably still be in the league.Talk about a Big heart.
—Always remember telling Tavon he was going to run it back (house) at SD.He brought back.There was a late hold & the ball was put 10yards back from the spot. Hill was the QB & threw at in the end zone.Fun solid Ram. Very likable & resigned with The Rams.
—Problem will always be trading up for him.
Makes me feel like over drafting like if The Rams would have traded up for L. Bruss last season. I’m