Rams Addiction Podcast: Rams @ Cowboys Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
Mike and Anthony react to the Trent Richardson trade and preview the Rams @ Cowboys game with Dave Halprin from bloggingtheboys.com. Patrick looks to rebound after a rough week of picks. Jon is flabbergasted by the length of Stedman Bailey’s massage session and issues a guarantee about the Big Brother finale.

http://www.ramsaddiction.com/rapod32

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
There's good news and bad news about your latest PODcast.

Good news: I no longer worry about your sanity because I finally disagree with your views on something Anthony. Your take on Trent Richardson is a little hard to understand. Your last comments on him that basically said his stats so far this year and last year have been very pedestrian didn't seem to effect your overall position on him. :shock: Granted he's still young like you said but I don't see him being worth a first round pick with his injury history and our needs at T, G and CB.

Bad news: I agreed with everything else you said. Especially about making a conscious effort to throw long.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
There's good news and bad news about your latest PODcast.

Good news: I no longer worry about your sanity because I finally disagree with your views on something Anthony. Your take on Trent Richardson is a little hard to understand. Your last comments on him that basically said his stats so far this year and last year have been very pedestrian didn't seem to effect your overall position on him. :shock: Granted he's still young like you said but I don't see him being worth a first round pick with his injury history and our needs at T, G and CB.

Bad news: I agreed with everything else you said. Especially about making a conscious effort to throw long.

I think Mike referenced his pedestrian stats (sorry if that's still confusing).

It'll be interesting to see what Barksdale looks like over the next couple games. If he's at least solid, I'm not sure there's a 1st-round need at OT or OG, or at least not a big enough need to convince Fisher that he needs to break his streak of never draft OL in the first round. I think the need on the OL is depth more than anything.

I don't think the Rams would hesitate to spend one of their first round picks on a guy like Richardson if he was available in the 2014 draft.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
ramsaddiction clarifying:
I think Mike referenced his pedestrian stats (sorry if that's still confusing).

Yeah I remember that now but I thought you agreed with him on that.

It'll be interesting to see what Barksdale looks like over the next couple games. If he's at least solid, I'm not sure there's a 1st-round need at OT or OG, or at least not a big enough need to convince Fisher that he needs to break his streak of never draft OL in the first round. I think the need on the OL is depth more than anything.

We're all interested in that. So you think that Dahl and Wells will still be Rams 2 years from now? Even if you hope for good things from Barrett like I do, I'm not convinced that Williams, Dahl, Wells and Barksdale are long term solutions. How's that run blocking going? Add in Long's history of getting dinged up and I'd like to see us spend some or our high value capital on the O-line.

I don't think the Rams would hesitate to spend one of their first round picks on a guy like Richardson if he was available in the 2014 draft.

Sounds like you don't have a very high opinion of the RBs on our roster. I like them all except maybe Stacy. It's not a stretch to think that the Browns contacted us about this trade and we turned them down. We're not in the same conference and if they really wanted to make this deal I'd think a team with two first rounders would be high on their list of possible partners.