Rams Addiction Podcast, Episode 77: Cut You, Cut You, You’re Cool, Cut You; I’m Out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
Mike and Anthony recap the devastating loss to the Cowboys and explore the contract statuses of Same Bradford, Robert Quinn, Jake Long, and Joe Barksdale.

[av]http://traffic.libsyn.com/ramsaddiction/77.mp3[/av]

Click Here for this week's show notes.

Alan

Legend
Interesting and well thought out as usual guys. Thanks for posting here.

I do take issue with your contention, when talking about starting Davis, that this isn't a year for trying to make the playoffs. Why are you basically giving up? The only thing that has really changed from your (and mine) early season enthusiasm is the loss of Bradford and with the play of our back up QBs I don't think that's a huge issue anymore. Not a team that's going to win 10 games? I disagree.

I agree with needing to take a much longer look at his play to see what we have.

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
Yeah, Cook made a huge mistake, but just "Jared Cook sucks" just isn't true. The guy was our leading receiver last year, and is basically impossible for any linebacker or safety to cover in man coverage. Seemed overly critical of Britt, too. Those guys and Quick are a big part of why AD is looking so good right now, you say you want both of them out of town, but I don't think you know what that would mean.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Interesting and well thought out as usual guys. Thanks for posting here.

I do take issue with your contention, when talking about starting Davis, that this isn't a year for trying to make the playoffs. Why are you basically giving up? The only thing that has really changed from your (and mine) early season enthusiasm is the loss of Bradford and with the play of our back up QBs I don't think that's a huge issue anymore. Not a team that's going to win 10 games? I disagree.

I agree with needing to take a much longer look at his play to see what we have.

If we make the playoffs, I'll fly over to America and buy you a steak dinner

Alan

Legend
theramsruleUK making a promise:
If we make the playoffs, I'll fly over to America and buy you a steak dinner
Meat, meat & potatoes and meat. In a meat sauce. :love:
7 Tamarack Lane
Litchfield, NH o3o52
Fly into Manchester Airport and I'll have my wife pick you up. Here's where we'll be eating.
hp01.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, Cook made a huge mistake, but just "Jared Cook sucks" just isn't true. The guy was our leading receiver last year, and is basically impossible for any linebacker or safety to cover in man coverage. Seemed overly critical of Britt, too. Those guys and Quick are a big part of why AD is looking so good right now, you say you want both of them out of town, but I don't think you know what that would mean.
I am indifferent to Cook. He is an incomplete player, not a natural player at all....leaves a tremendous amount to be desired in my opinion. Massively overpaid. I certainly havent written off Cook, but, he was the leading receiver by default really. We will see.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Meat, meat & potatoes and meat. In a meat sauce. :love:
7 Tamarack Lane
Litchfield, NH o3o52
Fly into Manchester Airport and I'll have my wife pick you up. Here's where we'll be eating.
hp01.jpg

Looks nice, what temperature you want ya steak amigo? :)

Alan

Legend
theramsruleUK asking my preferences:
Looks nice, what temperature you want ya steak amigo? :)
Just like my wife, hot and juicy! :banana: :mustache:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Haven't listened to this episode yet, but I disagree with their take that Cook sucks. I think he doesn't play up to his potential, and that if he did he'd be one of the top TE's in the game, but that's a far cry from "sucks". Cutting him isn't the answer, imploring him to step up his game is.

Also disagreed with one of the guys last week who basically wants the Rams to tank for draft position this year. Fk that. Play to win, every week. Tanking it now would be a disaster for everybody, the fans, the coaches, the players, the ownership, the city.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I am indifferent to Cook. He is an incomplete player, not a natural player at all....leaves a tremendous amount to be desired in my opinion. Massively overpaid. I certainly havent written off Cook, but, he was the leading receiver by default really. We will see.

Agree.
I'm by no means saying he's a bad player. Hes very good. I just think he should be a top 10 TE with his talent. Hes not.
He has cut down on his drops this year. Except for one, of course. I guy his size should also be a very good blocker.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I guy his size should also be a very good blocker

This, 1000 times. Given his size and athleticism, there is no excuse for him to not be anything less than a very good blocker. He needs to step up the effort and become a complete player.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I never give up on a season till it's over. Even then I want a recount.
The reason is the future is unknown for the other teams in the division as well as the Rams.
Teams implode, injuries happen. Wilson and Lynch get hurt the Hags are in trouble .
Just a couple players missing on a team can wreck havoc.
Look at the Rams, with Bradford and C. Long they would be 3-0 right now.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I never give up on a season till it's over. Even then I want a recount.
The reason is the future is unknown for the other teams in the division as well as the Rams.
Teams implode, injuries happen. Wilson and Lynch get hurt the Hags are in trouble .
Just a couple players missing on a team can wreck havoc.
Look at the Rams, with Bradford and C. Long they would be 3-0 right now.

Not only that, but wining is something you have to learn how to do and make a habit of.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Love you guys but I'm very surprised you guys didn't mention anything about the horrendous officiating. Yea the Rams fucked up and blew a huge lead but you guys are my vent. You covered all the bases except the penalties. Common son

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Agree 100% with this.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

By your standards, Jimmy Graham is an incomplete player. Can't block but he's the best receiving weapon in the game not named Calvin Johnson.

Jared Cook has the potential to be a 1,000 yard receiver. I'd say that's well worth the price they're paying him. He wasn't brought here to block.

fearsomefour

Legend
By your standards, Jimmy Graham is an incomplete player. Can't block but he's the best receiving weapon in the game not named Calvin Johnson.

Jared Cook has the potential to be a 1,000 yard receiver. I'd say that's well worth the price they're paying him. He wasn't brought here to block.
And there is the difference....being one of the best receivers in the game.
I am not saying I am giving up on Cook or even disagree with your take on him. He has just underperformed in my opinion.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
And there is the difference....being one of the best receivers in the game.
I am not saying I am giving up on Cook or even disagree with your take on him. He has just underperformed in my opinion.

Cook is also not going to make as much as Jimmy Graham.

If anybody was going to use blocking to judge Jared Cook, no matter what he does, he'll never stack up in their eyes.

The game has changed. There's two different TE roles employed by most teams these days. The sooner people realize that, and the sooner they stop trying to grade out Cook as if he's a TE from the 1960s, the sooner they'll realize where true value is in today's NFL.