Rams Addiction, A St. Louis Rams Podcast, Episode 17:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice discussion about the new-style QBs in the league. How the media thinks (incorrectly, IMO) that these guys are just gonna parlay their first year *success* and redefine the position and the way the game is played. Horse shit. I can't wait to see these cats fall on their collective faces this year. The QB position will always be defined by the intelligent pocket passer types, and that's all there is to it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
This is a pretty damn good podcast. How long have you guys been doing this?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The trade completely changed the mindset of each draft too. While the pick the Rams had (from the Redskins) didn't actually get them Austin they had the firepower and luxury to do so because of the other 1st. All the other shaking and baking trade wise up or back was because the picks they picked up made it possible. Like you guys were saying too, it helps when you draft a Micheal Brockers over a Jason Smith too haha. Give Snead and Fisher some ammo and watch out.

There's no doubt in my mind that "the trade" was absolutely positively the right thing to do. It will define this franchise for years to come.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Pretty damn good one guys!!! Thanks!

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
The QB position will always be defined by the intelligent pocket passer types, and that's all there is to it.

I totally agree. It's not like athletic quarterbacks are new to the NFL; guys like Elway and Young were great athletes, but had their greatest success when they started using their mobility to extend plays and facilitate their passing games instead of just taking off after one read.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsaddiction said:
X said:
The QB position will always be defined by the intelligent pocket passer types, and that's all there is to it.

I totally agree. It's not like athletic quarterbacks are new to the NFL; guys like Elway and Young were great athletes, but had their greatest success when they started using their mobility to extend plays and facilitate their passing games instead of just taking off after one read.
Yep. If Fran Tarkenton didn't redefine the position (or the game), then nobody will.
And Fran won shit, btw. :sly:

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
Username said:
This is a pretty damn good podcast. How long have you guys been doing this?

Thanks man. We just started in February; this was our 17th episode. Neither one of us had ever done a podcast before, but we've known each other for ten years, and in that sense, had the advantage of a natural rapport going in. Many of these episodes aren't much different than the hundreds of bar-stool banter sessions we've had over the years.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
Username said:
The trade completely changed the mindset of each draft too. While the pick the Rams had (from the Redskins) didn't actually get them Austin they had the firepower and luxury to do so because of the other 1st. All the other shaking and baking trade wise up or back was because the picks they picked up made it possible. Like you guys were saying too, it helps when you draft a Micheal Brockers over a Jason Smith too haha. Give Snead and Fisher some ammo and watch out.

There's no doubt in my mind that "the trade" was absolutely positively the right thing to do. It will define this franchise for years to come.

That's a great point. The trade really created three drafts worth of insane flexibility. The larger point is that this team finally has competent people in charge of football operations

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
Ramhusker said:
Pretty damn good one guys!!! Thanks!

Thanks for the support. It's definitely motivating to get positive feedback from other passionate fans. To that point, we're still figuring this thing out as we go. So if you guys have any criticism or suggestions I'd love to hear about it.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
On a side note, for those of you who do like it, it would really help us out if you could subscribe (free), rate, and comment on the podcast in iTunes. We've gained a lot of ground in Google searches for "Rams Podcast" and "St Louis Rams Podcast" (thanks in large part to traffic from this forum) but the iTunes search engine has been harder to crack. From what I've read, it's influenced more by subscriptions and ratings than just downloads and meta data.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do people still use iTunes? lol.

Sure, man. I'd be glad to help out a fellow passionate Rams fan.

<a class="postlink" href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/rams-addiction/id602022392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ram ... d602022392</a>

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
X said:
Do people still use iTunes? lol.

Sure, man. I'd be glad to help out a fellow passionate Rams fan.

<a class="postlink" href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/rams-addiction/id602022392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ram ... d602022392</a>

I know a lot of people aren't big fans of iTunes and it's easier to just subscribe directly to th RSS feed, but as far as I know they're still the most popular podcast directory, so I'd like to get established there. Thanks for help.