Rams add Aaron Donald to the active roster and waive Jamil Demby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Demby could still go to the PS. I don't think a team would put him on the 53 man roster especially this late. Demby is a project but, could still pan out.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Two rookie Olinemen as our only backups? No there has just got too be something else yet to materialize.

Well, Blythe is technically a backup for the interior.

Edit: just realized you meant our only backups for the first 2 games, so disregard...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Guessing the timing of the move, eve of opening day, that they are confident he will not get claimed and can be added to an active roster tomorrow. So they can get him on the practice squad for now.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

You nailed it. This makes total sense. We’ve got a pretty savvy group running our team.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not every pick works out as a future starter or key reserve, much less on the timetable the Rams may need. I'm just glad that Noteboom looks like either a versatile reserve or a decent or better starter, and Allen looks very promising at his primary position. Two out of three is excellent, especially where they were drafted.
Rather remarkable I would say.
A sea change compared to recent years drafting lineman.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Some of those safeties are primarily special teams players

Granted, but I did not realize how huge of a special team player that Isiah Johnson was, guess I will find out.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A real head scratcher, especially after the kind words from Kromer in his interview.

But I do have faith that Kromer knows exactly what he’s doing, sooooo...

Actually Kromer stated that Demby had the furthest to go and was a work in progress....My concern is even if they add Evan Boehm to the roster, he cannot play tackle, so in essence, the Rams only have four players that have played tackle in Whit, Saffold, Noteboom & Havenstein. Didn't think they would want to move Saffold, so I thought keeping Demby, who could play RT made sense....If the Rams stay healthy and Noteboom is swing tackle, no worries and I will leave it there.

Kromer:

Jamil Demby, being a later-round draft pick, playing at a small school like Maine — he had the furthest to go. But what he shows you is more potential to be a multi-faceted player. Obviously, we play all these guys at a lot of positions in training camp and the offseason to try to find out what’s best for them, and try to get them ready for whatever’s needed. And that was a little bit tougher for him, because he’s been a left tackle his whole life — what he’s always done. And so, he’s got a lot of developing to go

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The players we do have all seem to be fairly adept at playing multiple positions.
Plus we know who our two game day actives will be.

But if Boehm is the reason we decided to drop Demby, we better sign him up to the 53 before somebody decides to get him.

Last edited:

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Another possibility is that a vet is out there that the Rams have interest in. After week 1, vets salaries are not guaranteed.
If Demby does not go the the practice squad, after not being claimed, then sure looks like it is about him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I like the fact we had Demby on the MR. If I was going to take the more positive side here this would be my thoughts.......

The only two reserves {both whom are rookies :notsure:}......Joe Noteboom & Brian Allen have shown in pre season that they are very capable of playing multiple OL posts.I would say that these two OL skills in this versitily cost Demby his position.

JN demostrated he can play LT/RT/LG/RG posts. BA did the same in the 3 interior posts. So the whole OL is covered with these two rookies. The two OT posts only have 1 choice & thats JN. But there is always the long time emergency OT who just happens to be our best OL'er (IMO) & current starting LG ...Rodger Saffold. Replacing RS for a short period of time @ LG is not a big deal with one of these two rookies. Kromer also has OL Kolone who just happens to have been a four-year starter at left guard in college on the PS.

I would think that if Jamil Demby pass thru waviers then he will find his way to the PS.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
.Rodger Saffold. Replacing RS for a short period of time @ LG is not a big deal with one of these two rookies. Kromer also has OL Kolone who just happens to have been a four-year starter at left guard in college on the PS.

I would think that if Jamil Demby pass thru waviers then he will find his way to the PS.

Agreed on Saffold, my only trepidation moving Saffold along with everyone else is, when Saffold moved outside, he's less durable. Seems to be more exposed whereas inside, he seems to be able to stay on the field. Again I realize that when Brown comes back the Rams are set and if Demby makes it through waivers, he'll be added to the PS, but I thought Demby's upside warranted a roster spot, but again, I trust Kromer.